2019 Texas HS football

Machinator

Liberty Hill 66 - La Feria 14. Brutal

Wimberly 63 - Raymondville 35. No se aguiten, Bearkats

Sharyland Pioneer 28 - Derkaville Weiss 21. Pioneer has won 11 straight.

Weslaco beat McAllen Memorial, will play Judson next. Bill Littleton is making a strong case for worst coach in the Texas high school ranks. Off the top of my head, in the past 13 years or so he's had Bradley Stephens, Matthew Kauffman, Jonathan Sanchez, the Speights brothers, and the Nigerian safety at UTSA come thru his program. All guys that have gone on to play FBS football. He's made it TO the third round just 3 times I think. To have that amount of talent come through a valley program and achieve so little against their peers is incredible. 

Meanwhile, Coach Burget at Weslaco East is making a case for being one of the best coaches in the state given what he has to work with. Weslaco East serves the ghetto side of Weslaco (just think about that) and I don't know that he's had more that 3 or 4 players play at any level of college in his time there. They're playing at 6A with 5A numbers and a lot of his starters play on both sides of the ball. He gets the absolute most out of his players even though they lack talent & size. They beat McAllen Rowe tonight to make it to the third round for at least the 4th time this past decade I think.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Weslaco beat McAllen Memorial, will play Judson next. Bill Littleton is making a strong case for worst coach in the Texas high school ranks. Off the top of my head, in the past 13 years or so he's had Bradley Stephens, Matthew Kauffman, Jonathan Sanchez, the Speights brothers, and the Nigerian safety at UTSA come thru his program. All guys that have gone on to play FBS football. He's made it TO the third round just 3 times I think. To have that amount of talent come through a valley program and achieve so little against their peers is incredible. 

Meanwhile, Coach Burget at Weslaco East is making a case for being one of the best coaches in the state given what he has to work with. Weslaco East serves the ghetto side of Weslaco (just think about that) and I don't know that he's had more that 3 or 4 players play at any level of college in his time there. They're playing at 6A with 5A numbers and a lot of his starters play on both sides of the ball. He gets the absolute most out of his players even though they lack talent & size. They beat McAllen Rowe tonight to make it to the third round for at least the 4th time this past decade I think.

How good is Harlan? They beat up Victoria West didn't expect that. Can they beat flour bluff or wagner?

32 minutes ago, HornsOverIthaca said:

Weslaco East plays Westlake next week at Alamo Stadium on Friday.

The wildcats will play their hearts out but Westlake is just gonna be way too much for them to handle. Weslaco East likes to ground and pound, run the clock, but they struggle mightily when they’re forced to air it out. That’s how Harlingen was able to beat them earlier in the year. East’s best player is Ramsey Vasquez, was a really great safety for 2 years but became the starting QB a couple games into this season. He’s rushed for over 1,300 yards since. He’ll still fill in at safety sometimes, and not sure if they still have him returning kicks and punts. And fwiw East beat Manor the first game of the year. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

How good is Harlan? They beat up Victoria West didn't expect that. Can they beat flour bluff or wagner?

Harlan plays in an extremely weak district, like Wagner. Their QB is a badass and has a cool name (Kannon Williams) but Harlan’s defense is pretty suspect. I think they could beat flour bluff but not Wagner. But I wouldn’t be surprised to see FB take them out either. 

4 hours ago, Helobious said:

Liberty Hill won 66-7.

Weslaco plays Lake Travis.

4 hours ago, Helobious said:

Slight correction as my Panthers will be taking on Lake Travis next Friday in San Antonio, not Judson

Weslaco sweeps McAllen as Weslaco High squeaks by Navy RB commit Campbell Speights (brother Trevor currently plays RB for Stanford) and McAllen Memorial while Weslaco East takes down McAllen Nikki Rowe. Weslaco now goes up against Austin: Weslaco vs Lake Travis, East vs Westlake.

As hard as it is for me to admit as a Weslaco High alum... Can't disagree with anything you said about Coach Burgett. He gets the most out of his guys and is consistently one of the top teams in the RGV. He's evolved his offense... Still runs power football, but instead of running toss sweeps out of Power I, now he has very unique shotgun formations designed to create better angles for his blockers and create numbers advantages. It's obvious to see what's coming, but it's still hard to stop.

Interesting note on changing strategy/ reverting back to a totally different offense.  Windthorst and Albany in 2A/DII, have played may times through the years in the POs while also being in the same District a few years back.  Denny Faith's 8th ranked Lions were favored over the Trojans; and  WHS Coach Chris Tackett knew it was going to take something extra to get the win. Windthorst has run the spread for years, averaging upwards of 20-30 passing attempts per game, but back in the 90's and early 2000's Windthorst was known for linning up behind huge offensive lines and using 3 RBs to wear your ass out..  Last night, they moved their Hon mention All State WR to RB and the team had 10 passing attempts for the night, while they took the early lead 8-0 and played keep away all night to win 24-20.

That's probably more than you wanted to know about small school ball, but I love it when coaches actually take chances and change direction to achieve victory.

Edited by Iceman
  • Like 5

Frisco Lone Star (12-0) vs Highland Park (11-1), 3:30 p.m. Friday at Arlington’s AT&T Stadium

Note: Dave Campbell's Texas Football website is consistently the most accurate and quickest to post game scores and future game arrangements. Click on 'Playoffs' and get the brackets, game results, and sites.

Edited by Iceman
  • Like 1

SA Vet Memorial had four plays from the 8 yrd line to win the game and couldn’t connect on any of them. Tough loss.

CC Vet Mem were well coached and honestly it took a crazy rally in the 4th to get close.

They did hit our kicker square in the plant knee early in the game and shredded his knee. So we ended up having to go for every two pt Conversion and failed on most of then , which meant we had to score TD to win instead of kick FG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk