2019 Texas HS football

Machinator

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

I thought Arlington Martin would give Duncanville a better game. They look like a machine. I am rooting for Samples to finally get over that hump. He has 2 of the most heartbreaking losses in state you can have with 2 different schools.

If SLC beats Lee,  that would set up SLC v D'ville I believe.  

Might have to check that one out. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

I thought Arlington Martin would give Duncanville a better game. They look like a machine. I am rooting for Samples to finally get over that hump. He has 2 of the most heartbreaking losses in state you can have with 2 different schools.

what was the first one?  I saw the one last year.

10 hours ago, Longhorn Al said:

Dumas takes down Decatur on last second FG, 38-35.

Melissa fumbles the ball running out the clock and La Vega kicks the winning FG. 45-42

Manor kicks a last second FG to beat Cedar Park, 17-14.

Melissa was running out the clock in a tie game?

CP beat Manor 49-24 earlier this year.  Wow.

Valley’s last hope Sharyland Pioneer battling Boerne Champion at the Alamodome right now. Champion rolling through the Pioneer defense at will. But Eddie Lee Marburger just threw a 92 yard TD pass to cut the Champion lead to 14-9. 2nd quarter 6 minutes left.

Edited by Helobious

20 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Lost their QB on the first drive. Probably didn't matter too much.

26 minutes ago, wutang75 said:

My buddy’s kid plays for Dallas Jesuit and they are making a hell of run. Beat Longview a couple weeks ago. His kid is 6’7 WR. Emmitt’s son is the RB and putting up good numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think Jesuit is about 1 win away from having some people upset about a private school making noise in the playoffs.

They're also probably gonna get rolled by Westfield

50 minutes ago, wutang75 said:

My buddy’s kid plays for Dallas Jesuit and they are making a hell of run. Beat Longview a couple weeks ago. His kid is 6’7 WR. Emmitt’s son is the RB and putting up good numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A starting OL for Jesuit went to Philmont with us last summer. Great kid.  Actually they're all great kids.  My heart is picking Jesuit, but my wallet is on the Mustangs.

Edited by Saint Tacky

On 11/30/2019 at 5:41 PM, Longhorn Al said:

Lampasas offense is incredible. Won 66-44. 370 passing on 17/21 and 277 rushing on 43 carries.

Lampasas vs. Liberty Hill for Region IV.

This is my hometown. I vividly remember going to Lampasas-Sweeny in 1993 in the 2nd round in Lockhart. I remember this because my father had three older Mercedes. He was from Germany. We took the 1970 and it had some issues near Briggs. So we go back and get another vehicle. We still make it on time. We see a team led by Cedric Woodard lose to the Badgers due to an INT at the end of the game. Sweeney was #2 in the state coming in. Lampasas beat Pearsall 33-0 the next week (coached by Kiff Hardin who won the 2000 state title at Gatesville and was turned down to be the Lampasas head coach in 1995 in favor of Shawn Bell's dad Mark Bell who came from Clifton) before losing 43-16 to Clint Finley and Cuero in the regional final. Mickey Finley was the HC and they lost to Southlake in the last 3A game in Southlake's history in the title game. Believe it was 14-6. Clint went onto play safety for Nebraska and was a star there. 

Troy Rogers is the head coach now for Lampasas. Troy's first season to start as a QB in HS he went 2-8 in 1991. He then went 5-5 before going 12-2 his senior year in 1993. His last game was against Cuero. Lampasas was one of the first teams in Texas to throw the ball. We ran the old Mouse Davis run-n-shoot. Troy threw for almost 3500 yards that year. Unheard of numbers in 1993. His best receiver was a guy named Rob Borchardt. Rob had never played 11 man football because he had played six man for Lometa. He had 65 catches his only year of 11 man for 1400 plus yards. He also beat Cuero in the basketball playoffs by hitting 8 3's and was a helluva pitcher. His mother was a teacher for me in Junior high.

Troy came home in 2016 after being the OC for North Shore and winning state. He won 1 game his first year. Two his 2nd year, 8 last year I believe and then this year. I think what he is doing from afar is pretty cool because my hometown is not good at sports for the most part. He came back knowing that, but they went all in with him. A fun quote I heard as a kid is that Lampasas is small, but they're slow...lol. A guy I graduated with was on the school board who approved Rogers hire. I am glad they are winning and setting every record in the book. Never thought Lampasas would be averaging 52 a game and 512 yards or have a QB who is responsible for 65 of their 91 TD's. They could go more than two years without scoring that many TD's, much less in 13 games. I think Johnny Lam would be proud of this team. I think they beat LH again. Carthage is a damn machine to face in the semis, but I remember being in attendance when Burnet beat Jasper in 2003 at Kyle by 25 so anything is possible. I am a southpaw so I'll support Whitehead finding a way to win if they play the Bulldogs. There is an article where he told Lam 7 years ago that he wants to play in the NFL just like him. I like that confidence.

• Like 1

I think Lampasas wins as well.

I went to the regular season game against LH and Lampasas destroyed them. Lampasas figured out the T and other than a few big runs completely shut them down. LH qb has a hard time throwing it 20 yards. LHS offense was the LHS offense we saw all year. Throw or run, doesn't matter. Great athletes at RB and WR and a QB that throws a better spiral than Sam. 

Game is in Cedar Park, if you love small town high school football you should come out.

On 12/1/2019 at 1:23 AM, Nueces River Rat said:

Calallen beats Brenham 47-32. Cal puts up 598 yards on stat sheets with 530 being rushing yards. Did the same in 600 yard effort against Kerrville Tivy last week. Next Saturday we get Tivy’s district mate in Boerne Champion .

Calallen has some hot moms #csb ill probably go to the game. Boerne Champion has a good qb. should be a good game. ill be sitting with the cheer moms 

7 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Calallen has some hot moms #csb ill probably go to the game. Boerne Champion has a good qb. should be a good game. ill be sitting with the cheer moms 

And the hot moms know their football too.   I think some of them hold their sons feet to the fire more than their dads especially during the off season and summer work. 

And no pics of my better half.     BC does indeed have a good QB as did Tivy.   It's part of their systems in the Hill Country and we've seen it almost every time we play BC, Tivy or Alamo Heights which we always see one of those three in the playoffs.   It will be contrast between a good pass vs run offense.  We have three rushers with over 1000 yards in rushing.   One of them has two straight 200 yards plus games in a row here in the playoffs.  

54 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

https://twitter.com/Matt_Stepp817/status/1201872050937311234?s=20

New numbers are out for next realignment

Well shit I didn't do that right. Sorry.

Calallen dropping to 4A......    Should be interesting scheduling non district if we get put into one of these five team districts.

It will only be a two year drop from what I understand.  Enrollment at the high school will significantly increase by 2022 realignment.  

2 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Three Lubbock schools and four Amarillo schools in 5A-I.  That's a good 7-school district, but the El Paso schools are a problem.

Yeah, wonder if the Amarillo schools go small district, and Lubbock gets fucked into a 6 team with El Paso.

8 minutes ago, joeycovers said:

Anybody have a list of current districts? La Porte moving down to 5A and trying to figure out where they may end up. 

Figuring out where they're going to end up will be a whole lot harder than finding a list of current districts on the internet, so you probably shouldn't waste your time. 

3 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Figuring out where they're going to end up will be a whole lot harder than finding a list of current districts on the internet, so you probably shouldn't waste your time. 

I found a list...Not a lot of 5A D1 schools to choose from in Houston area. Lots of teams from last year dropped to D2. 

All 3 Baytown schools are now 5A D1