2019 Texas HS football

Machinator

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Anyone from the DFW going to the Rockwall vs Duncanville game?

Looks like that one will be on TV.

If you go get there early.  

I went to SLC v D'ville last week at Mckinney Stadium and the parking lot filled up,  cars parked in lot across the street, and pretty sure they towed some cars.

Other than that it's a good facility for HS football. Holds 12K I believe.   

Edited by Laga4
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Laga4 said:

I went to SLC v D'ville last week at Mckinney Stadium and the parking lot filled up,  cars parked in lot across the street, and pretty sure they towed some cars.

They shuttled from a nearby elementary school parking lot too.

Edited by fellside

2 hours ago, Laga4 said:

Yep just saw it will be on TXA21. Definitely will be watching this at home. I hope it is a great one.

On 12/10/2019 at 11:43 AM, Helobious said:

He’s always shown the valley a lot of love, seems to go to a handful of games down there every year. I also learned he was one of the original posters on 956 sports forum like 10 years ago, and still posts there sporadically. The guy just loves HSFB.

Yes he has while many of his counterparts show almost contempt for any high school football outside of the DFW area.     In fact he was at the Alamodome for two consecutive weekends covering our playoff games.   He'll go to remote parts of West and East Texas to cover lower classification games as long as their is good food in the area too.  Tepper ,on the other hand, reminds of the prick you might know who thinks he knows everything and speaks like he indeed does, but you know he's full of chit and just want to slap him around.

• Like 1

4 teams in for Jerryworld!

Hamlin destroyed Stratford 56-23 in 2AD2.  They'll play the winner of Mart-Falls City.

Refugio beat a great San Augustine team 29-21 in 2AD1.  They'll get the Post Antelopes, who beat Valley View 35-7 to advance to their first state title game.  And I guanfuckingtee you that everyone in Post is more excited about driving to Jerryworld than playing for state closer in some place like Shotwell Stadium.  

Pottsboro won a thriller against Brock, 36-35 to also advance to state for the first time.  They'll get the winner of tomorrow's Grandview/Can'tRemember game.  

On 12/11/2019 at 2:23 PM, Nueces River Rat said:

Yes he has while many of his counterparts show almost contempt for any high school football outside of the DFW area.     In fact he was at the Alamodome for two consecutive weekends covering our playoff games.   He'll go to remote parts of West and East Texas to cover lower classification games as long as their is good food in the area too.  Tepper ,on the other hand, reminds of the prick you might know who thinks he knows everything and speaks like he indeed does, but you know he's full of chit and just want to slap him around.

Matt does this because he loves football. He also used to post on 3ADownlow before the classes changed. He knew guys, one in particular that I was friends with, who went to small town games on Friday nights. 

Matt really enjoys football. He's an Everman guy, but basketball was his first love. He is a genuinely good person. I respect him and he is living out his dream doing what he does. We should all be so blessed to have a job we love. 

On 12/10/2019 at 9:48 AM, Beau Vine said:

Stepp's semifinals previews: https://www.texasfootball.com/article/2019/12/10/state-semifinals-preview-breaking-down-all-of-the-texas-high-school-football-playoff-games

Have I mentioned that he's the only thing good about DCTF?  I'm sure Greg Tepper will be along soon with a fucking video of him just sitting there at a desk making predictions and acting like an assclown.  

Matt is a good guy. I conversed with him many years ago about a school in Dallas. He loves what he does. He interviewed Troy Rogers over the summer. People trust him because he is honestly a good person. He is in the minority on that.  

Tepper is flotsam. Not much else to say about him.

Edited by UpperWestside

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

4 teams in for Jerryworld!

Hamlin destroyed Stratford 56-23 in 2AD2.  They'll play the winner of Mart-Falls City. 

Good job Pied Pipers.

I want to say this for Falls City. That town deserves to lose 100-0. I have never run across a more racist group of fans than them. 

I will never forget this as long as I live. In 1998 Falls City played Bartlett in the playoffs. It was at Austin Reagan's stadium if I remember right. I was in college at the time and was asked to go video that game. Bartlett won, but Falls City fans resorted to racist ehpitets after the game. It was just so sad that see. I believe the QB for Falls City was named Roy Sixto if you want some proof I was actually there. 

8 minutes ago, Longhorn Al said:

I like this theme of teams getting to the championship game for the first time.  Go Badgers!

Man I hope so. Carthage is the 800 lbs. gorillla. It would be one helluva upset. I am just happy, to borrow from Johnny Wheeler, that "Those Little 'ol skinny boys" have a chance to do something good. Lampasas has specialized in big upsets in the playoffs. This would easily be the biggest. 

10 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

Matt does this because he loves football. He also used to post on 3ADownlow before the classes changed. He knew guys, one in particular that I was friends with, who went to small town games on Friday nights. 

Matt really enjoys football. He's an Everman guy, but basketball was his first love. He is a genuinely good person. I respect him and he is living out his dream doing what he does. We should all be so blessed to have a job we love. 

He still does post on several of the message boards.  More so around this time of year and going into the off season because their is less teams to cover thanks to the playoffs.   I love the fact he's not a native Texan and he embraced the culture on several levels in the state.  He walked right by me down on the field at the Alamodome a couple of Saturdays ago and I've should have told him how much folks who follow high school ball appreciate his work.

Edited by Nueces River Rat

On December 10, 2019 at 9:13 PM, UpperWestside said:

I used to post on a website called 3Adownlow many, many years ago. It is now called Texasdownlow I believe. I first ran across Matt there. Great guy who is such a positive human being. 

Thanks. Was there too back in the day. Could not remember where I'd heard his name.

17 minutes ago, EastTexan said:

Thanks. Was there too back in the day. Could not remember where I'd heard his name.

I think this is the message board I remember back in the day. Sounds familiar. I posted on some message board that sounded like that when attending Forney from 1999-2003 when they were in their prime.

1 minute ago, EastTexan said:

Now that's interesting. Big Commerce fan back then.

Forney vs Commerce in 2000 playoffs was a classic! Forney ended their huge win streak that night. It was the quarterfinals. I was a sophomore so no one really in my class was playing yet on varsity. I think the Commerce coach went on to coach at North Mesquite the next year.

6 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Forney vs Commerce in 2000 playoffs was a classic! Forney ended their huge win streak that night. It was the quarterfinals. I was a sophomore so no one really in my class was playing yet on varsity. I think the Commerce coach went on to coach at North Mesquite the next year.

Correct. Can't remember the coach's name, but he was a turd. Steve Lineweaver was the coach that made Commerce who they were back then.

Still love HS football, but do not watch as many games now.

Edited by EastTexan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Went to Trinity.

29 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Whoa that's familiar

Couldn't read the full article because I'm not subscribed but the 2nd paragraph calls Duncanville "one of the poorest towns" in the DFW. I'm not from the Dallas area but is that really accurate? I'm sure this "woke" author looked at the makeup of teams like Duncanville, DeSoto, Cedar Hill and assumed they're ghetto kids from rough neighborhoods. But even I know that's not what those towns are. 

17 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Couldn't read the full article because I'm not subscribed but the 2nd paragraph calls Duncanville "one of the poorest towns" in the DFW. I'm not from the Dallas area but is that really accurate? I'm sure this "woke" author looked at the makeup of teams like Duncanville, DeSoto, Cedar Hill and assumed they're ghetto kids from rough neighborhoods. But even I know that's not what those towns are. 

Hm no idea. I'm a print-only subscriber so I won't be able to read the article until it arrives this weekend unfortunately.

Halftime at lampasas Carthage 

after the first few minutes Carthage was up 14-0 on a pick 6 and a quick drive down the field. Lampasas was getting no push up front as Carthage is huge. 5 dropped passes by lampasas wasn’t helping. 

Then the badgers turned it around and got some offense going and a pick 6 to take a 20-14 lead after a missed xp. 

Last play of the half lampasas goes for Hail Mary and qb slips as he’s throwing and Carthage returns for TD. 

21-20 Carthage in the lead but lampasas is hanging and can win this. 

Greenwood fought like hell. PG lead always felt a bit tenuous till they went up 21 in the 4th. PG made more mistakes than usual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea even with the score josh needs to work on some shit there. Sloppy win. Both jackson and burris were lazy tonight. Ben played well, but why he was returning punts in the 4th was mind boggling.
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

Duncanville and Cedar Hill especially have some really nice areas. I think alot of 'partment kids that stay near 20 go to Duncanville too though

DeSoto has some really nice areas too. That article really oversimplifies things, you can tell it’s written by and for people that aren’t all that familiar with Texas.

7 hours ago, EastTexan said:

aggy appropriates other schools, txdot, the texas forest service, and runs them all in to the ground, but we can't monetize the UiL with the LHN.  Let the RTF kids do all the production at the eSipN facility.  do a hurry-up 1-hour on a minimum of one game per district at every level, every week.

9 hours ago, EastTexan said:

Correct. Can't remember the coach's name, but he was a turd. Steve Lineweaver was the coach that made Commerce who they were back then.

Lineweaver was from SLC before then. He made his bones with Bob Ledbetter as OC.

1 hour ago, UpperWestside said:

My hometown lost to Carthage because of the head coach. I love what Troy Rogers has done for them, but we are going home because of what he did not do.

Hail Mary was an awful decision. 

And I was saying all 2nd half he should have replaced #8 on D. Put in 2 WRs at DB. They attacked #8 over and over and over.

• Like 1

I literally got nauseous at the Wimberley game.  We were ahead 49-12 with 1:30 left in the 3rd.  It was OVER.  Then they run the kickoff back 98 yards and we throw a pick deep in our own territory and it's 49-29 at the quarter.  Everything continued going wrong and we're ahead 49-43 with 7:30 to play.  On 4th down, we throw a TD pass.  Whoops, illegal man downfield (bogus call -- we had a guy maybe one step across the LOS).  So now it's 4th-15 at about their 40, so we go for it again.  ANother TD pass to the same kid.  But...holding.  I was so sure we were going to lose 50-49 at that point that I considered leaving.  But they fumbled pretty immediately (kid looked down to me, but I think the ref knew there would be a riot if they called him down).  Got a TD with 2:30 left to make it 56-43 and drive home safely.  

Come gitcher ass whoopin', Pleasant Grove!

• Like 2

Yea even with the score josh needs to work on some shit there. Sloppy win. Both jackson and burris were lazy tonight. Ben played well, but why he was returning punts in the 4th was mind boggling.

I saw him playing DB some in the fourth also. He only completed 8 passes but for 301 yards and 4 TDs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk