2019 Texas HS football

Machinator

I literally got nauseous at the Wimberley game.  We were ahead 49-12 with 1:30 left in the 3rd.  It was OVER.  Then they run the kickoff back 98 yards and we throw a pick deep in our own territory and it's 49-29 at the quarter.  Everything continued going wrong and we're ahead 49-43 with 7:30 to play.  On 4th down, we throw a TD pass.  Whoops, illegal man downfield (bogus call -- we had a guy maybe one step across the LOS).  So now it's 4th-15 at about their 40, so we go for it again.  ANother TD pass to the same kid.  But...holding.  I was so sure we were going to lose 50-49 at that point that I considered leaving.  But they fumbled pretty immediately (kid looked down to me, but I think the ref knew there would be a riot if they called him down).  Got a TD with 2:30 left to make it 56-43 and drive home safely.  

Come gitcher ass whoopin', Pleasant Grove!

Smack talk, huh? Well two can play that game!
I feel somewhat strongly that Pleasant Grove will emerge victorious in the referenced upcoming contest!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, markstanco said:

tenor.gif

I have been expecting TPG to roll to the title all season.  They still might, but I don't care.  Because our kids have done everything they possibly can.  2nd in the district and not even supposed to be here.  But these kids have absolutely decided to love each other and play their hardest for each other and have completely bought in, and it has been a joy to watch.  It has been the kind of transformation you only see in high school sports.  

I'll say this -- If we play like we did in the first 34 minutes last night, we will win, and I'm dead serious.

• Like 1

I have been expecting TPG to roll to the title all season.  They still might, but I don't care.  Because our kids have done everything they possibly can.  2nd in the district and not even supposed to be here.  But these kids have absolutely decided to love each other and play their hardest for each other and have completely bought in, and it has been a joy to watch.  It has been the kind of transformation you only see in high school sports.  
I'll say this -- If we play like we did in the first 34 minutes last night, we will win, and I'm dead serious.

Nothing ever surprises me in TX HS playoffs. That’s why it’s so awesome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Damn the Lampasas game was tough. More than half the town was there and you could see the hopes and dreams of making it to the state final for the first time ever on their faces.

Damn that was tough.

Finally get a stop in the second half, go down score and get 2 point conversion to tie it up at 42 with 2:49 left. Drive included a 4th and 14 where Cameron Evert, Lampasas' best player and AF academy bound WR/RB caught a pass in triple coverage. Cameron was every bit as good as Dixon last night. 

Felt just like the end of UT-USC. If we stop them I know we're going to go down and score the game winner. Unfortunatly Carthage promptly goes down the field and scores with 17 seconds left. They do a short pooch kick and Lampasas gets it at the 40. A deep slant connects and they are down at the 20 with 2 seconds left. A pass went into the endzone and the Lampasas WR had his hands on it but it was knocked loose as he came down.

The stands were morbid after that.Went from a party to a funeral in 10 seconds.

Two things cost Lampasas the game. They came out scared and nervous. Lots of bad throws, dropped passes and bad angles to start the game. After they settled down and looked like they looked all season they outscored them 42-35. The other thing was the pick 6 on the last play of the half. They just take a knee on that drive and they go to the locker room up 20-14 with all the confidence in the world. Instead they moped into the locker room down 21-20.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, blacklab said:

Damn the Lampasas game was tough. More than half the town was there and you could see the hopes and dreams of making it to the state final for the first time ever on their faces.

Damn that was tough.

Finally get a stop in the second half, go down score and get 2 point conversion to tie it up at 42 with 2:49 left. Drive included a 4th and 14 where Cameron Evert, Lampasas' best player and AF academy bound WR/RB caught a pass in triple coverage. Cameron was every bit as good as Dixon last night. 

Felt just like the end of UT-USC. If we stop them I know we're going to go down and score the game winner. Unfortunatly Carthage promptly goes down the field and scores with 17 seconds left. They do a short pooch kick and Lampasas gets it at the 40. A deep slant connects and they are down at the 20 with 2 seconds left. A pass went into the endzone and the Lampasas WR had his hands on it but it was knocked loose as he came down.

The stands were morbid after that.Went from a party to a funeral in 10 seconds.

Two things cost Lampasas the game. They came out scared and nervous. Lots of bad throws, dropped passes and bad angles to start the game. After they settled down and looked like they looked all season they outscored them 42-35. The other thing was the pick 6 on the last play of the half. They just take a knee on that drive and they go to the locker room up 20-14 with all the confidence in the world. Instead they moped into the locker room down 21-20.

Damn great read... Thx!!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Getafix said:

SIAP, yada, yada - if not, PSA - 

- in the Austin area, at 2:30 they're showing Katy Taylor vs. Westlake on TV

- at 4:00, they're also showing Lake Travis vs. North Shore

From the UIL website, it’s KBVO for Westlake and Katy Taylor.  Then it’s KNVA for LT and North Shore.

6 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

It's 2019. Is there a way to watch a livestream of these playoff games?

Maxpreps seems to put up full highlights of these big playoff games on their official YouTube channel that they cut up from a Texans Live or NFHS network broadcast of the games.

The NHFS network will carry or show TexanLive streams.  But subscribing directly to TexanLive leads to disappointment and sadness.