2019 Texas HS football

Machinator

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

What? WBT said he was fine and that he’ll play next week.

Evans 1st play in the game, QB Davis kept it on a read option and walked into the end zone. 28-3 North Shore, halftime. 

I can’t decide which of you is dumber. 

Aledo fumbled at the 2 but refs blew the call
https://www.facebook.com/416663281785054/posts/2584748021643225/

That’s pretty lucky for Aledo. I saw another video on FB where the Line Judge(side judge?) on the offensive right is looking in to the sun so there was no way he saw it.

OT winner followed by this squeaker makes me worry for next week.

That’s pretty lucky for Aledo. I saw another video on FB where the Line Judge(side judge?) on the offensive right is looking in to the sun so there was no way he saw it.

OT winner followed by this squeaker makes me worry for next week.

Not the first and not the last time Aledo has been on the receiving end of some benefits of the doubt type calls. Some of the ref chapters favor Aledo so they get picked to call these games on the later rounds. Especially from the Houston chapter.

23 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Was at the North Shore game. My goodness that team is big and fast. Their Oline looks like Bama. #s 77 & 74 were both 350 lbs. They didn’t even need Evans.

They do look impressive.

Going to be hard for D'ville to get the revenge I was hoping for,  especially with JQJ apparently out.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Not the first and not the last time Aledo has been on the receiving end of some benefits of the doubt type calls. Some of the ref chapters favor Aledo so they get picked to call these games on the later rounds. Especially from the Houston chapter.

One team doesn’t get to pick the refs for a playoff game.

15 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

One team doesn’t get to pick the refs for a playoff game.

True.  But one can have more input and play the chess game with the other enough to sway it more favorable to them.   There  are some chapters who will get on the good side of some of the power schools knowing this time of year they can get in line for the higher revenue games.  The Houston Chapter is one of them and if you seen them in action compared to other chapters during playoff season , they will call stuff other chapters don’t.   A few years ago we went to state and used the Houston chapter twice with one of them being in the state title game.   We never once got called for a chop block in any other of the playoff games with Refs from San Antonio, Abilene, and Waco.  But the Houston Chapter was all too flag happy.  

• Like 1

Saw a postgame interview with the Duncanville freshman on YouTube. He’s not very tall but he looks & sounds like he could be 21 years old. Definitely has his work cut out for him, but I hope they can pull off the W.

Westlake has to love their chances against Guyer. Yes they’re a strong team but they’re not the athletically superior buzzsaw that Westlake always seems to run into in the state semifinal and state title games. I’m picking Westlake to win that one by 2 or 3 touchdowns.

Edited by Helobious
  • Like 1

On 12/14/2019 at 12:53 AM, Longhorn Al said:

Hail Mary was an awful decision. 

And I was saying all 2nd half he should have replaced #8 on D. Put in 2 WRs at DB. They attacked #8 over and over and over.

I honest to God have no clue what the thought process was there. He did come out of Rod Hess's old run and shoot where you just kept throwing, but man that play seemed doomed from the start. 

I was getting updates from a poster here because I do not do well when it's nervous time so I missed many of the plays on defense. 

I hope that hanging tough and losing a heartbreaker against the best team in their class lets them know they are ready to be that kind of program going forward. They should be right back in this round next year. Be awesome if the Battlin' Badgers finally knock that door down.

Just recapping for anybody who is just now catching up.  State championship games for the big divisions:

• 6A Division 1: North Shore vs. Duncanville; Saturday 3pm.  A clash of the titans, part deux.  Regrettably, Duncanville's QB (Jaquinden Jackson, Texas commit) was injured last week
  • 6A Division 2: Westlake vs. Denton Guyer; Saturday 7pm.  Both teams are hot and playing very well
  • 5A Division 1: Alvin Shadow Creek vs. Denton Ryan; Friday 7pm.  Both teams are stocked with D1 players.  Shadow Creek was formed by splitting Manvel High in two, and Shadow Creek is 30-1 in two seasons of play.
  • 5A Division 2: Fort Bend Marshall vs. Aledo; Saturday, 11am.  Malik Hornsby/Devon Achane vs perennial power Aledo and Jase McClellan

On December 14, 2019 at 11:13 AM, blacklab said:

Damn the Lampasas game was tough. More than half the town was there and you could see the hopes and dreams of making it to the state final for the first time ever on their faces.

Damn that was tough.

Finally get a stop in the second half, go down score and get 2 point conversion to tie it up at 42 with 2:49 left. Drive included a 4th and 14 where Cameron Evert, Lampasas' best player and AF academy bound WR/RB caught a pass in triple coverage. Cameron was every bit as good as Dixon last night. 

Felt just like the end of UT-USC. If we stop them I know we're going to go down and score the game winner. Unfortunatly Carthage promptly goes down the field and scores with 17 seconds left. They do a short pooch kick and Lampasas gets it at the 40. A deep slant connects and they are down at the 20 with 2 seconds left. A pass went into the endzone and the Lampasas WR had his hands on it but it was knocked loose as he came down.

The stands were morbid after that.Went from a party to a funeral in 10 seconds.

Two things cost Lampasas the game. They came out scared and nervous. Lots of bad throws, dropped passes and bad angles to start the game. After they settled down and looked like they looked all season they outscored them 42-35. The other thing was the pick 6 on the last play of the half. They just take a knee on that drive and they go to the locker room up 20-14 with all the confidence in the world. Instead they moped into the locker room down 21-20.

Nice account. Been there. Both sides. Sucks when on the wrong side.

• Like 1