2019 Texas HS football

11 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Made it :38 into that video.  Fuck that guy.  Have some fucking dignity, motherfucker.

He has pretty much run the DCTF website into the ground with all his videos like that which resemble a high school girl's instagram stories.  

Matt Stepp is the only thing making that site worthwhile.  

On 11/22/2019 at 11:24 PM, Helobious said:

Liberty Hill 66 - La Feria 14. Brutal

Welp half the trip to SA was just to see my family for a bit. At least I did that, bc that game was the biggest playoff ass kicking I've ever seen in person. Def the worst loss I've ever seen La Feria take. It's surprising LH went 5-5. 

27 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

My God, what is this?  Was Johnny Weir, of ice skating commentary fame, already booked, so they had to trot out this clown?

When I think of the proud tradition that is Texas high school football, I've never once heard anybody ever describe anything as "crazy town banana pants".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

Heard that the Chill had one "real" possession after they went up by that score, onsides kicks and turnoves.

For the first two-and-a-half quarters on Saturday afternoon, Cedar Hill dominated every facet of the game, shutting down Guyer’s prolific offense and torching its defense. With 4:54 left in the third quarter, the Longhorns took their largest lead at 41-14 — a 27-point advantage that was the largest deficit Guyer had faced all season.

On the ensuing possession, the Wildcats answered with a touchdown, and then turned to an unlikely hero.

Senior lineman Colby Strange came out to attempt an onside kick, which Guyer recovered. The Wildcats had the spark to fuel their comeback.

Guyer (11-1) recovered two more onside kicks and scored 36 unanswered points to end the game, completing an improbable rally to stun Cedar Hill 50-41 in the Class 6A Division II Region I area round at AT&T Stadium.

“After [Cedar Hill] scored [to make it 41-14], the coaches came up to me and said that we were just doing onside kicks the rest of the game,” Strange said. “It feels absolutely amazing. I was nervous, to be honest. But in the end, I cooled my head. I wanted to go win this for my team any way possible.”

Cedar Hill (9-3) only had two possessions in the final 16 minutes, including its last gasp with 1:39 left trailing by nine.

The Wildcats attempted four consecutive onside kicks after pulling to within 41-21, recovering three. With his team’s season on the line, Guyer coach John Walsh knew he had to make a drastic change.

“That was easy,” Walsh said of his decision to exclusively onside kick for the final 16 minutes. “If they were going to score, we needed them to score quick. We wanted to take the clock out of it.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2019 at 5:51 PM, Ths71 said:

bd7d3e3d6aafee145cdefefe6de5d090.jpg485d842867d7fa1cd0fdc4a266e8b5f1.jpg

Halftime

Pleasant Grove 28

Salado 7

This is so much nicer than watching the 2nd half of the Longhorns game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm thinking about checking out the Star for a game this weekend. What's the story on the Star? What to see/do? Where to park/eat? How do tickets work?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BurdineBandit said:

Welp half the trip to SA was just to see my family for a bit. At least I did that, bc that game was the biggest playoff ass kicking I've ever seen in person. Def the worst loss I've ever seen La Feria take. It's surprising LH went 5-5. 

You may not be aware... but according to this thread, whether Liberty Hill wins or loses is completely dependent on the whims of the officiating crew   

16 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

He has pretty much run the DCTF website into the ground with all his videos like that which resemble a high school girl's instagram stories.  

Matt Stepp is the only thing making that site worthwhile.  

Agree on Stepp.  I challenged him on another site on some of their marketing and he answered straight up and represented his work the right way. Won my respect, for whatever that’s worth. 

He also gives the small schools their due,which I appreciate.

I like the site for the scores each week, and especially during the playoffs; they seem to be the quickest and most accurate on updating the upcoming sites and times.

2 hours ago, Saint Austin said:

I'm thinking about checking out the Star for a game this weekend. What's the story on the Star? What to see/do? Where to park/eat? How do tickets work?

They usually direct parking to the Gaylord lot SE of the stadium or the Cowboys Headquarter parking garage just west of the stadium. Parking should be free.

Eat, drink and shop. Kinda like other developments of this type. Champions Plaza in front of the stadium is pretty cool. They will be having a bunch of Christmassy stuff going on. Not a big Cowboy fan but some have told me they enjoyed the tour. Plenty of places to eat. I've only been to a few but most are OK. My favorite, Jose Andres' Zaytinya closed last week.

Neighborhood Service-Pretty good

Tupelo Honey-Hit and miss but usually pretty good.

Mi Cocina-Not that good 

The new Crushcraft Thai is supposed to be good. They just open a Wahlburgers but haven't been. Friends have told me Dee Lincoln Prime is good but most of my friends are degenerates and cant be trusted. 

Weslaco just had a couple bounces not go their way, lost 52-17 to LT. Weslaco East to take on Westlake tonight, maybe the foggy/wet conditions will help their run game and not let them get embarrassed. Doubt it though. Edinburg Vela lost to SA Brandeis 21-14. They led 14-0 at one point but turtled up. While they're not a valley team hopefully Laredo United can have a good showing tonight vs Judson. 

Sharyland Pioneer is who I'm keeping an eye on tomorrow. That offense in the controlled Alamodome conditions could be dangerous. Boerne Champion is a tough team though. 

Wimberley was dead in the water to Rockport-Fulton in the 4th, but then got a TD late to tie, and then a pick-6.  But then they had a terrible pooch-kick that R-F ran back to the 20.  R-F scored with seconds left to make it 42-41, and went for 2, but got stuffed.  We gonna get slaughtered by Navarro next week.

Almost the same story in  Refugio-Shiner.  Shiner was ahead 43-36 late with the ball.  Their FB bounced a ball off his knee and fumbled with no one around him and Refugio recovered at midfield.  They threw a long TD pass with less than a minute left and went for 2 and got stuffed.  They recovered an onside kick and drove down about to the 25.  After an incompletion, they lined up the offense, then ran the FG unit on the field, which took forever.  With the Shiner team and the announcer screaming that the play clock was at 00, they kicked the FG and the refs raised their arms.  45-43 Refugio.