2019 Texas HS football

Machinator

8 minutes ago, Red Five said:

This Cobbs guy seems like he should have better offers than he does.

Starting RB for a 6A state championship, heard Craig Way say this Cobbs kid also has a 5.0 GPA and is the valedictorian.   That kid probably goes to school wherever he wants without athletics

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Half the starters on both teams look injured.

Texas High School Football, baby. Not for the feint of heart.

To think some people want FBS players to play this schedule. Shit, is impossible  except for every other level of college football and high school football.

15 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

The other thing about a freshman QB is that the odds are real good that he's physically immature compared to the rest of the guys on the field.

Even if hes fairly grown, he hasn't had the benefit of S&C for 2-3 years.  This kid for Guyer looks to be on the small side, as in undeveloped.

Yeah I find it hard to believe there isn't a junior or senior that played qb as a freshman or jv that would give them a better chance to move the ball.  You can't fault the kid at all as he is giving good effort but he just doesn't look strong or fast enough to be competitive.

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

Usually just means an offer to play on the team. Yeah no thanks, I’ll go play at Stanford, Northwestern, Vandy or Rice for free.

Usually Academic money is thrown in with the offer to play. But yeah, it isn't a full ride like an athletic scholarship that you would get from P5 schools. But if those schools are not offering, you take the academic money.

8 minutes ago, WBT said:

Yeah I find it hard to believe there isn't a junior or senior that played qb as a freshman or jv that would give them a better chance to move the ball.  You can't fault the kid at all as he is giving good effort but he just doesn't look strong or fast enough to be competitive.

Maybe their planned backup is hurt or otherwise unavailable.

32 minutes ago, F250 said:

Yes.

No.  Ivy’s can’t offer direct athlscholarships.  Instead you get preferred admissions and merit aid.  But you don’t have to play football after you are admitted and put your deposit down.  A kid at Westlake a year behind me was all state, smart, and wrangled that into a Harvard Admission.  Quit football the day he matriculated. Last I heard he was printing money at Goldman.

Edited by Bateshorn

3 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

No.  Ivy’s can’t offer direct athlscholarships.  Instead you get preferred admissions and merit aid.  But you don’t have to play football after you are admitted and put your deposit down.  A kid at Westlake a year behind me was all state, smart, and wrangled that into a Harvard Admission.  Quit football the day he matriculated. 

Academic money doesn't count as athletic scholarships. My buddy got some of that from Princeton for football. Yeah, it didn't cover everything or most of the costs but it was a chunk of change. Dude is a surgeon now in Boston so I guess he did well enough.

11 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Westlake's QB only has an offer from Fordham? Wow

He’s a baseball player too. Maybe he’ll go that way. I’ve thought it was strange too. Taylor Anderson didn’t get many offers either though. 

Happy for my alma mater but it was kinda cool to have the only championship be from when I was there. 

• Like 1

So DFW went 1-3 in the finals?  Does Aledo count?  Home field isn't what it used to be I guess.
I would think aledo counts, maybe what, 25 miles away? But I see your slight.

None of the teams play at jerryworld. Not home field advantage. UIL doesnt want to play in hood ass houston or san Antonio.
  • Like 1