2019 Texas HS football

Machinator

8 hours ago, Helobious said:

Zach Gomez had 9 rushing TD's in a game for La Villa a couple years ago, allegedly while high on cocaine. But he's never said if that was one of the games he played on drugs, and it's not like anyone has any proof. Probably urban legend. 

Maybe a relation to Hollywood Henderson?

On 8/31/2019 at 12:33 PM, fellside said:

What are the UIL rules on playing a guy in a JV game and then suiting them up for a Varsity game the next day?  Are you allowed to play a guy in two different games the same week?

No. Player can only participate in one game a week, or one game every 5 calendar days. 

On 8/31/2019 at 9:23 AM, phdhorn said:

... and they should.  This might be the suckiest LT team since the big runs with GG (squints) in the early 00's.  Listened to the game, the defense is completely lost and the offense seems to go nowhere when Card is blitzed (that is, rushed, not drunk).

Man that was a fucking beatdown.  If not for a really stupid throw by the Martin QB to close out the first half (allowing an LT player to intercept and run down to the 30 and score quickly), it would have been worse.  Martin totally dominated that game in every aspect. 

Both Westlake and LT are flawed. Both are too heavily reliant on their pass game and lack a dominant runner. Arlington Martin has a really quick QB, like Westlake relied on for the last two years to beat LT. Westlake lacks that dimension this season. I don’t expect either team to win a title but LT traditionally improves through the season so we shall see. Go Chaps! 

Wow.

From the Bay City Tribune

The Van Vleck community and football program is mourning the loss of one of its football coaches.

Paul Bienen, 52, died Friday, Aug. 30 after suffering a massive heart attack at the school.

“We released the kids early after one of our coaches collapsed at the school,” said a shaken Van Vleck Superintendent John O’Brien. 

The news of the coach’s passing ripped through the Van Vleck community and the surrounding area as Bienen coached in both Van Vleck and Bay City during his career and also included a stint in Oklahoma as well. 

O’Brien and Van Vleck issued the following statement after the announcement was made to cancel Friday’s game with Boling.

“Friday was definitely very traumatic for us all,” O’Brien said. “It is always tough when you lose a colleague and a friend and it is even more traumatic when it is unexpected.”

O’Brien said Bienen was working out in the weight room with a fellow coach when he collapsed. The district’s crisis team was put into action to perform CPR on Bienen.

“I was overly impressed and thankful for our crisis team that performed CPR on Paul and at least gave him a fighting chance,” O’Brien said. 

O’Brien said counseling is being offered to both staff and students at the high school.

On Sunday evening, the Van Vleck football team, coaches and parents gathered for a private tribute to Bienen at Van Vleck High School after a parent, whom is also a preacher, offered to lead a service for the coach. 

“This allowed for a lot of counseling for the kids,” O’Brien said.

O’Brien said a number of the kids from the team had thought of quitting football after Bienen’s passing but after counseling are back on the practice field working for the program.

“It has been very healthy to meet with everyone as we learned this lesson in life that we are learning together,” O’Brien said.

O’Brien said Van Vleck returned to the practice field Monday and will go ahead with plans of playing this Saturday when the Leopards travel to take on Houston Wheatley.

Lake Travis beating Mansfield timberview pretty good tonight.  

Timberview has some real players. Hullaby is their best player, not a very good QB though.  Kimber pretty good.  I think Hullabys younger brother is going to be a stud safety, playing CB now but he's big and is good at football. 

1 hour ago, F250 said:

Is Hendrickson-Pflugerville any good?

At the Smithson Valley vs. Hendrickson game and Hendrickson scored two touchdowns in the first half. Trying to figure out if the SVHS defense is off or Hendrickson is a good team or not.

Turns out Hendrickson isn't good. The Pflugerville part should have been a clue. They wouldn't score for the rest of the game.

Smithson Valley 43 Hendrickson 15

45 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

Lake Travis beating Mansfield timberview pretty good tonight.  

Timberview has some real players. Hullaby is their best player, not a very good QB though.  Kimber pretty good.  I think Hullabys younger brother is going to be a stud safety, playing CB now but he's big and is good at football. 

Did LT up and move to DFW and I didn't notice?

Yoakum 40

Cuero 21

I went to Wimberley-Giddings.  Wimberley led 14-10 with 6 minutes left and then there were 4 more lead changes.  Won 29-22.

Allen 38

Dickinson 24

Katy 56

Atascosita 14😲

Argyle 49

La Vega 35

(it was 42-21 at half)

Refugio 35

Goliad 6

Newton 52 

Silbee 21 😲

Hutto 42 

Liberty Hill 14

36 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Yoakum 40

Cuero 21

I went to Wimberley-Giddings.  Wimberley led 14-10 with 6 minutes left and then there were 4 more lead changes.  Won 29-22.

Allen 38

Dickinson 24

Katy 56

Atascosita 14😲

Argyle 49

La Vega 35

(it was 42-21 at half)

Refugio 35

Goliad 6

Newton 52 

Silbee 21 😲

Hutto 42 

Liberty Hill 14

My ancestral homes Refugio and Goliad duking it out tonight.