Tathan (Tate) Martell in the Portal

Horn Under a Bad Sign

4 hours ago, C-Man said:

Fields can transfer to Ohio State no matter what. He's just trying to not have to sit out a season. The thing is Fromm looked like hot garbage against us in the Sugar Bowl. If he's as good as he was coming out of HS, he should have a chance at beating out Fromm.

Not necessarily.  Georgia apparently has evidence Ohio St. has been in contact with Fields since November.  I would think that would make Ohio St. unable to take him due to tampering.

18 minutes ago, bullet said:

Not necessarily.  Georgia apparently has evidence Ohio St. has been in contact with Fields since November.  I would think that would make Ohio St. unable to take him due to tampering.

I will not stand here and let you besmirch the good name of Urban Frank Meyer III. Good day sir!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, bullet said:

You need to post a link for those allegations, son.  If true, Fields would not be enrolled at Ohio State right now, which he is.

So reading on this it seems Fields and Haskins both train with this QB whisperer named Avery out of Atlanta.  Apparently Avery thinks highly of Ryan Day.  You can put two and two together and it’s probable that Avery and possibly Haskins started talking up DAy and Ohio State to Fields as they realized that Haskins was going to go pro and Fields was unhappy .  How much if any Day encouraged this, is probably unknowable except to the guys within this circle.  

wrapped up like a douche another rumor in the night.

Anyone who wants to see why "Tathan" is the way he is, simply watch QB1(hell if you watch the first episode you'll see enough to understand).  His parents are his best friends.  They ride on his fucking coattails like a little freshman bitch to the senior QB.  It's no wonder that fucking generation is what it is.

Having said that, this douche talks and talks and talks the shit, but gotdamn if he doesnt back it up.  All the kid did was win and win and win after every bit of shit he talked.  You would hate your daughter dating this mofo, but at the same time, you would know that more than likely whatever he says he can/will do, he'll probably get it done.

He's the QB you want to see get smashed every fucking play until he cries, but it never happens, unfortunately.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VABuckeye said:

You need to post a link for those allegations, son.  If true, Fields would not be enrolled at Ohio State right now, which he is.

Rumors on the Georgia boards.  Heard it from my wife who's a Bulldawg.

We'll find out quick enough if there is something.  Until Georgia produces something, nothing will be done.

1 hour ago, alincoln said:

UGA just wants to move on.  Contesting the waiver increases the likelihood that the racist incident gets more publicity.

Not contesting it, makes it seem true.

Kind of Fields giving UGA a middle finger as he leaves.  I'd nail him on the lie.  Big contrast from when Jacob Eason left Georgia or any number of QBs have left Texas.  Fields hasn't used his redshirt year, so its not like he loses any time.

2 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

wrapped up like a douche another rumor in the night.

Anyone who wants to see why "Tathan" is the way he is, simply watch QB1(hell if you watch the first episode you'll see enough to understand).  His parents are his best friends.  They ride on his fucking coattails like a little freshman bitch to the senior QB.  It's no wonder that fucking generation is what it is.

Having said that, this douche talks and talks and talks the shit, but gotdamn if he doesnt back it up.  All the kid did was win and win and win after every bit of shit he talked.  You would hate your daughter dating this mofo, but at the same time, you would know that more than likely whatever he says he can/will do, he'll probably get it done.

He's the QB you want to see get smashed every fucking play until he cries, but it never happens, unfortunately.

He's been in college for 2 years and has done nothing. I don't know that I would call that "backing up" all his shit-talking. 

It's going to be crazy to watch the QB carousel over the next few years.  What if Martell goes somewhere where he thinks he has a clear opening but some 3 star catches lightning in a bottle and dominates next season and he's in the same spot?   Same issue Rising may face if he transfers.  I think we'll see a ton of transfer activity over the next several seasons but then eventually there is bound to be QB's that move around multiple times and never land starting jobs, that could have probably started eventually at their original school if they were patient, that will be used as cautionary tales.  These kids will learn eventually they are going to have to compete regardless of where they go.

1 minute ago, Skipper said:

These kids will learn eventually they are going to have to compete regardless of where they go.

True, but a transfer looks more attractive to a QB who isn't sitting behind a starter who appears to be entrenched the next two years like Ehlinger.  Rising should expect to compete wherever he goes, but maybe he thinks he has a better chance to start at a school that doesn't have its Sam Ehlinger already in place, even having to sit out one year.

1 minute ago, South Austin said:

True, but a transfer looks more attractive to a QB who isn't sitting behind a starter who appears to be entrenched the next two years like Ehlinger.  Rising should expect to compete wherever he goes, but maybe he thinks he has a better chance to start at a school that doesn't have its Sam Ehlinger already in place, even having to sit out one year.

True.  And if he leaves I'm sure he will pick a place with a Senior QB so he would be in line to compete for starter the next year.  But what if that Senior QB goes down and backup takes the reigns and is the clear cut starter.  Or Sr. QB goes down, redshirts, and comes back the next year.   There is going to be a risk he ends up in the exact same spot (or worse) wherever he goes while guaranteeing he watches another season from the sideline rather than possibly seeing some snaps at Texas (although if Shane comes back, then it certainly makes more sense).  My point wasn't about Rising specifically but rather I think in general there is going to be a ton of movement which will inevitably result in some situations where 4/5 star QB's exhaust eligibility never seeing meaningful PT and will regret making their first move.

On 1/11/2019 at 9:47 AM, Skipper said:

It's going to be crazy to watch the QB carousel over the next few years.  What if Martell goes somewhere where he thinks he has a clear opening but some 3 star catches lightning in a bottle and dominates next season and he's in the same spot?   Same issue Rising may face if he transfers.  I think we'll see a ton of transfer activity over the next several seasons but then eventually there is bound to be QB's that move around multiple times and never land starting jobs, that could have probably started eventually at their original school if they were patient, that will be used as cautionary tales.  These kids will learn eventually they are going to have to compete regardless of where they go.

Except every kid just saw two transfers win the heisman the last two seasons. 

• immamac changed the title to Tathan (Tate) Martell in the Portal