Poona Ford

Machinator

7 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I think that UDFAs sign 3 year contracts rather than the 4 year contacts that drafted players sign.

So it should be after this coming season.

You're probably right, I wrote that before heading to bed. I bet he gets his this coming season like you said. He deserves it. Hook Em 🤘 

9 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I think that UDFAs sign 3 year contracts rather than the 4 year contacts that drafted players sign.

So it should be after this coming season.

Would like to see Seattle offer Poona a new 3-4 year contract now to better match his production.

Probably won't happen, but would be great to get Poona a little more financial security...

Edited by LTtxfan
typo

• 2 months later...
On 2/19/2020 at 2:04 PM, Blotto said:

I have to assume that futureman's post was a feeble attempt at humor, but it's impossible to tell with his posting history.

Y’all allow him to troll y’all so easily.  I always read his posts as sarcasm, but y’all always take him at face value.  Then, y’all get mad when he plays along just to rile y’all up even more.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 2/14/2020 at 10:55 PM, LTtxfan said:

When does Poona get his 2nd contract??

When you're rooting for players who are generally playing their ass off, is there a more important question?

Just want to see him get paid...and continue wrecking shop on the field.

It's amazing when you look at how many guys we have playing good D in the NFL and compare it to the shittastic defenses we've had the past 6-7 years. 

We kind of think DBU is dead or turning into a misnomer - yet Texas still has 7 DBs on active rosters - most of them start - and that's not including ET who may or may not get another shot.

*It's actually 8 on rosters - Quandre, Phillips, Vaccaro, Boyd, Deshon are all starting right now - Hill is 1st string on IR - PJ Locke 2nd team - B Jones 3rd team

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, ztejas said:

It's amazing when you look at how many guys we have playing good D in the NFL and compare it to the shittastic defenses we've had the past 6-7 years. 

We kind of think DBU is dead or turning into a misnomer - yet Texas still has 7 DBs on active rosters - most of them start - and that's not including ET who may or may not get another shot.

*It's actually 8 on rosters - Quandre, Phillips, Vaccaro, Boyd, Deshon are all starting right now - Hill is 1st string on IR - PJ Locke 2nd team - B Jones 3rd team

DL we got Charles O and Poona. M Brown and Roach doing Saints stuff.

Anyone else still around? Ridgeway?

LB Hicks has been great in AZ after being solid in PHI

BJones is starting for Miami I thought. Making plays too.

I remember back in 2010 or so making madden teams of only horns and actually being very good on D. Offense had no receivers and OL was sus but VY plus JC and Ricky/Benson/Fozzy was too fun.

24 minutes ago, cam4mav said:

Not sure if he's starting or not - he does seem to be making plays with the snaps given to him. He's only had 2 games this season above a 50% snap count on D. Seems like Miami plays DBs by committee, though. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Not sure if he's starting or not - he does seem to be making plays with the snaps given to him. He's only had 2 games this season above a 50% snap count on D. Seems like Miami plays DBs by committee, though. 

A rookie being drafted where he was being enough in the mix to have games where he’s over 50% of snaps is per pet pretty solid. And Miami had some DBs that can play.

2 hours ago, cam4mav said:

DL we got Charles O and Poona. M Brown and Roach doing Saints stuff.  Anyone else still around? Ridgeway?  LB Hicks has been great in AZ after being solid in PHI.  BJones is starting for Miami I thought. Making plays too.  I remember back in 2010 or so making madden teams of only horns and actually being very good on D. Offense had no receivers and OL was sus but VY plus JC and Ricky/Benson/Fozzy was too fun.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cam4mav said:

DL we got Charles O and Poona. M Brown and Roach doing Saints stuff.

Anyone else still around? Ridgeway?

LB Hicks has been great in AZ after being solid in PHI

I remember back in 2010 or so making madden teams of only horns and actually being very good on D. Offense had no receivers and OL was sus but VY plus JC and Ricky/Benson/Fozzy was too fun.

Okafor plays for the chiefs, he’s solid I believe. May have gotten injured this year or end of last year though. I looked him up just to make sure, the dude could have been an all pro but his body has failed him whole career. He’s a warrior without a doubt. Tore his Achilles and made it back to get 3 years $18 mill with the chiefs. 

Edited by WinningIsHard
I’m a tool for not looking it up before posting
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

A rookie being drafted where he was being enough in the mix to have games where he’s over 50% of snaps is per pet pretty solid. And Miami had some DBs that can play.

Oh - for sure. Just saying I'm not sure he's technically a "starter".

• 1 month later...

It is kind of funny to realize how much love there is up here for him when he does literally zero media. We just see him on the field and off it smiling full of that Poona energy lol. That and his teammates/coaches hype him up too.

Walk silently and carry a huge fanbase haha

• Hook 'Em 3

17 minutes ago, cam4mav said:

It is kind of funny to realize how much love there is up here for him when he does literally zero media. We just see him on the field and off it smiling full of that Poona energy lol. That and his teammates/coaches hype him up too.

Walk silently and carry a huge fanbase haha

I always forget who's from or lives in the NW and or Seahawks fans.  

Hopefully Seattle does the right thing and pay's him this off season as he's now free of his rookie contract.   

I still get irrationally pissed off that Poona had to go the UFA route. Obviously we watched him wreck shop on a weekly basis here in Austin so we're a bit biased, but he was big XII lineman of the year, and  nobody in NFL thought he was worthy of a draft pick? I dont know, maybe it was for the better that he could choose where he signed, but he's one of my favorite longhorns of recent memory. Possibly Strong's best contribution to UT (originally committed to Louisville).

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, SDG said:

Good long form article on Poona's past and current year for those interested.  Seattle sports media loves them some Poona even though he never talks to the press.  

Article link:

https://www.seattlepi.com/sports/seahawks/article/Poona-Ford-emerging-as-every-down-player-Seahawks-15826102.php

Great stuff... thanks for posting it.

Love POOOOONA !!! 🤘

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Blotto said:

I still get irrationally pissed off that Poona had to go the UFA route. Obviously we watched him wreck shop on a weekly basis here in Austin so we're a bit biased, but he was big XII lineman of the year, and  nobody in NFL thought he was worthy of a draft pick? I dont know, maybe it was for the better that he could choose where he signed, but he's one of my favorite longhorns of recent memory. Possibly Strong's best contribution to UT (originally committed to Louisville).

same reason Greg Oden went before KD: "Yeah, ok, he's seven feet tall, he moves like George Gervin, shoots like Larry Bird, he dribbles like a point guard, he's humble, and a gym rat, and the best basketball prospect since LeBron, BUT HOW MUCH CAN HE BENCH?!?!?!" makes you wonder if these NFL personnel people even watch film. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Blotto said:

it’s really not that big of a deal and you should relax. michael sam was the defensive player of the year in the SEC; jeffcoat was DPOY. they both suck ass. poona is sub 6’ and it was expected that he would be undrafted. most 5’11” guys do not turn into elite NFL d-linemen. he is definitely a unique player.