Poona Ford

Machinator

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Why are people assuming he will go late in the draft?  Because no combine invite?  Actual nfl coaches are watching him perform today and will watch his game tape, and see his numbers. He could easily end up a mid round pick and be a leroi Glover type DT. 

Because NFL GMs consistently fall in love with measurables.

Edited by TrashMaster G

12 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

When will they post pro-day numbers? Do we have to wait until this garbage-ass 8pm LHN recap?

So far I've seen:

Height: 5-11 1/4

Weight: 312

40 time: 5.16/5.24 (run 1, run 2)

Broad jump: 9 feet, 3 inches

3-cone shuttle: 7.4 seconds

1 hour ago, Chad said:

Poona is a beast, it's hard to believe he wasn't invited to the combine. I know his measurables aren't exactly ideal, but he's been extremely productive throughout his career.

Not SEC good </aggy>

Edited by SW Horn

Any word on draft interest? Have yet to see him show up on any mock drafts but I haven't looked at many.

I tend to agree it would be better to be a ufa than a draft pick after the 4th rd or so.

Edited by pacman

12 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

So, where are folks thinking Poona gets drafted?  First, second or third day?  

What tech does he settle in?  Where do you expect him to play?  What team may benefit from him?

What success could he have?  Backup?  Rotational?  Starter?  Pro Bowler?

My guess is day 3 pick. The rest of the answers are 100% dependent on who takes him, but I would be shocked if he does not become a starter at some point in his career. 

Edited by Vertigo

People have to remember that NFL GMs are idiots and that the Draft ain't fair.

Jamaal Charles went in the 3rd round after like 6 mediocre as fuck RBs.  He's the all-time leader in YPC. 

There's always some guys that go in the 6th and 7th rounds that end up being franchise, All-Pro talents. 

Poona is gonna be fine.  Dude is a monster.  We're going to be seeing a lot of him on Sundays for a long time.

• 2 weeks later...