Alabama Football - Now Featuring Kalen DeBoer

LTtxfan

Wrong time to ask that, as they have set up home and homes with Texas, OU, ND and WVU since last year. As for why they did all the neutral site games, ATL and DFW threw a fuckton of money at them. Finally, it got tough to get other teams to agree to them, so they had to go back to the home and home thing, which I much prefer, as a season ticket holder. Hell, they have even set up a 2 for 1 with USF. It had zero to do with fear.

18 minutes ago, bamachine said:

There are no excuses, we just got bitchslapped. Do I think the coaches fucked up, yep and that comes back on Saban. He is a great coach but he also is far from perfect.

You sound quite unlike a jawja or aggy fan here. Probably helps that your team has actually won something in your lifetime.

1 minute ago, Walden Ponderer said:

You sound quite unlike a jawja or aggy fan here. Probably helps that your team has actually won something in your lifetime.

I am also middle aged and a centrist in most things. I see a little from both sides. Like the above tidbits were taken out of context. Still, he should not have even brought that stuff up. He should have known that they would be taken out of context. I was sitting in the room when he said those things and I cringed a little. He basically said they(Clemson) were focused and we(Bama) were not. He gave Clemson credit but then opened himself up for targeting. Just move on, do better next time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"Saban: Bama working toward 10 Power 5 games" 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27357431/saban-bama-working-10-power-5-games  

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- Alabama coach Nick Saban would like to see schools from Power 5 conferences play at least 10 games a year against Power 5 foes and/or Notre Dame in the regular season, and he said his program is working to make that happen on future schedules.  "I've always said, 'Let's play all Power 5 games,'" Saban told ESPN on Friday. "I was in the NFL where we played all the games against NFL teams. But let's play at least 10 Power 5 games. It would be better for the players, better for the fans, and I think you wouldn't have to worry that if you lost a game that you wouldn't have as much of a chance to still be in [the College Football Playoff]. They talk about strength of schedule now, but how do you really evaluate that?" 

With growing concern about declining college football attendance numbers, Saban said it's time the sport starts thinking more about the fans.  "We have to have a good show if we want people to come," Saban said.  Saban said the model Alabama is discussing would be to play one nonconference Power 5 game annually as part of a home-and-home series and another at a neutral site. That's as long as the SEC sticks with just eight conference games. The ACC and SEC are the only Power 5 leagues that play eight regular-season conference games, while the Big 12, Big Ten and Pac-12 each play nine.

Saban has previously said he would be in favor of playing nine conference games in the SEC. The SEC athletic directors met earlier this week in Asheville, North Carolina, and Alabama athletic director Greg Byrne told ESPN, "I think there's a reality that all programs, coaches and ADs are facing that we need to have good games for our team, our fans and our programs. Whether that's additional conference games or additional [Power 5] nonconference games, I think you're going to continue to see it move in that direction."

Alabama leads all Power 5 schools with 17 games over the past three years against teams that finished the season ranked in the final Associated Press Top 25 poll. The Crimson Tide are 14-3 in those games, including a 4-2 record in the College Football Playoff.  This season, of Alabama's four nonconference games, only the neutral-site season opener against Duke is against a Power 5 school. The others are at home against FBS independent New Mexico State, Southern Miss of Conference USA and FCS school Western Carolina.  Over the past decade, Alabama has played primarily neutral-site games against nonconference foes, but Saban said there has been a concerted effort going forward by the Crimson Tide to schedule home-and-home series against marquee opponents. Among those series already scheduled are Texas in 2022-23, Wisconsin in 2024-25, West Virginia in 2026-27, Notre Dame in 2028-29 and Oklahoma in 2032-33.

In addition, Alabama has a 2-for-1 series scheduled with South Florida of the American Athletic Conference. Alabama will play in Tampa in 2023 with USF coming to play at Alabama in 2024 and 2026.  Alabama is also in the process of trying to finalize a neutral-site game with Florida State in Atlanta in 2025. Alabama will open the 2020 season against USC in Arlington, Texas, and face Miami in Atlanta in 2021.  "We're almost all home-and-home games from here on out and trying to get another one," Saban said. "You've got to make them match up because if you're playing an away home-and-home game and a neutral-site game in the same season, you don't have enough home games."

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

IIRC, Bama offered Moses when he was an 8th Grade star in Baton Rouge. 

Bama may not suck balls but they will be down a little this year and give LSU and Georgia a chance. Tua needs to stay healthy for Bama to win the conference.

On 5/30/2019 at 1:20 PM, bamachine said:

This is why most of the assistants that get hired elsewhere do not pan out. Those that leave because, "man ,I need a break", tend to go to the other extreme. It is the guys that stick around longer, that tend to pan out, a la Kirby. Of course, it helps being in a talent rich state. By pan out, I mean guys that win 10+ games, compete for conf titles. Very few coaches get to compete for CFP titles.

If Kirby were coaching anywhere other than Georgia, he would get maybe 8 wins a season, and that's with paying players. He's not a good coach, he's just in a pussy east conference. 

• Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Alabama Football - Now Featuring Kalen DeBoer
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic