Alabama Football - Now Featuring Kalen DeBoer

LTtxfan

• 2 weeks later...

Louisville Coach Implies Alabama Tampered With Team’s WR Transfer

MIKE MCDANIEL     9 HOURS AGO

With college football hitting unprecedented roster turnover in the new age of NIL legislation and transfers without restrictions, rumors and allegations of tampering are at an all-time high.

And for one ACC school, there are questions as to whether or not a departed wide receiver was tampered with by the University of Alabama.

Louisville wide receiver Tyler Harrell entered the transfer portal in April, and upon his entry into the portal, 247Sports reported that he would head to Tuscaloosa.

According to a report from 247Sports, Louisville coach Scott Satterfield believes that tampering occurred behind the scenes in the case of his former wide receiver Harrell.

“I think it’s not only him, it’s happened before here. Last year, we had a few guys that jumped into the portal and the next day they’re announcing where they’re going. You can look at that and know that something went on before they were in the portal,” Satterfield said.

Allegations of tampering are not just happening at Louisville. Pittsburgh coach Pat Narduzzi reportedly called new USC coach Lincoln Riley to “express his displeasure” regarding rumors that Biletnikoff winner Jordan Addison was entering the portal to leave Pittsburgh in favor of a lucrative NIL deal with Riley and the Trojans.

College football is in the middle of unprecedented times, where there are few regulations regarding NIL, the transfer portal and the implications of potential tampering across the sport. Which direction the sport heads next is anybody’s guess.

8 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Hmmm...  This just found by Hipho

Lede buried.  Go to 5:00 in for the payoff.   I agree with Saban that NIL is being misused.  But I’d prefer to let it be a free for all and have dumb rich guys waste their money.  When half of Aggie’s (and other schools’) class has transferred in 2 years, the bagmen are going to be feeling pretty stupid.  

My hope is that these collectives burn out and the NIL does what it is supposed to do for players that can find gigs.   There is ROI for both sides having Bijan do a Covert commercial or Quinn getting the cover of a video game.   But giving money to players to come to a school under the guise of NIL is not sustainable long term.  Particularly since it is more or less legal now. A lot of money is going to get blown for no payoff and a lot of bagmen are going to be feel really dumb when these kids, who are pretty smart and seem to get the game, start transferring, or threaten to transfer, for more money.   

1 hour ago, A-Tex Devil said:

Lede buried.  Go to 5:00 in for the payoff.   I agree with Saban that NIL is being misused.  But I’d prefer to let it be a free for all and have dumb rich guys waste their money.  When half of Aggie’s (and other schools’) class has transferred in 2 years, the bagmen are going to be feeling pretty stupid.  

My hope is that these collectives burn out and the NIL does what it is supposed to do for players that can find gigs.   There is ROI for both sides having Bijan do a Covert commercial or Quinn getting the cover of a video game.   But giving money to players to come to a school under the guise of NIL is not sustainable long term.  Particularly since it is more or less legal now. A lot of money is going to get blown for no payoff and a lot of bagmen are going to be feel really dumb when these kids, who are pretty smart and seem to get the game, start transferring, or threaten to transfer, for more money.   

Giving multi-million deals to 17/18-year-old kids who have never played a down of college football? What could go wrong?

It will take a few years but this will all work itself out IMO. These two to three HS classes are going to bank in the meantime.

• Like 1

Damn - I feel sorry for Nick and the Tide, no way they can compete with A&M and Jackson State. 
What I really think is that it would be a pay cut to some Bama players to have to take NIL money, and Old $t Nick don't like anyone cutting into his territory

Hey Nick - if you are reading this.....fuck you, from your fans in East Lansing, you cut and run, money grabbing SOB

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4
  • Fuck You 1

re: **JIMBO Press Conference*** (link in OP)Posted on 5/19/22 at 10:21 am to Farmer1906
bkm1.png
So Jimbo ultimately said nothing other than throw some insults at Saban.

-told people to talk to coaches that worked for Saban and they’ll tell you the shady shit he does, but being a coach that worked under Saban, didn’t actually say anything

-stated they did nothing wrong but also claimed to not know anything about NIL at A&M or how it works

-claimed they violated no state laws but said nothing about the NCAA

-lots of insults regarding Saban’s character
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Saban is pissed because now that everyone can pay recruits it takes away his edge. 

Bingo.

There's no way all these uber-talented black city kids went to country ass towns in the Deep South for the last 15 years solely because they believed those coaches would get them to the NFL.  As if Texas, USC, and Michigan never put anybody into the league.  Give me a fucking break.

15 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Bingo.

There's no way all these uber-talented black city kids went to country ass towns in the Deep South for the last 15 years solely because they believed those coaches would get them to the NFL.  As if Texas, USC, and Michigan never put anybody into the league.  Give me a fucking break.

If You Say So Reaction GIF by IdentityMight want to scratch Texas off this list.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

If You Say So Reaction GIF by IdentityMight want to scratch Texas off this list.

Yeah, now.  But 12 to 15 years ago?  When the vast majority of the top 100 kids stopped wanting to play for Texas and USC and started wanting to play in the Deep South?  Why, just so they could play for or against Nick Saban?  So they could make the league, because none of the guys they'd grown up watching at Texas and USC had been drafted?  Nonsense.

The SEC's been paying kids for well over a decade.  The fact that Saban can make an accusation like this with a straight face speaks to how absolutely unfuckingtouchable he knows he is.

He's right, of course, that aggy bought that entire recruiting class.  But Jumbo is right that Saban shouldn't be pointing that finger at anybody.

I just hope it all escalates.  Aggy got out of big brother's shadow and into the "good cultural fit" SEC and they're gonna wind up being even more hated than ever.  It's perfect. 

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Having heard the actual audio and context of what Saban had to say, it didn't come off to me as anywhere near as incendiary as it is being played out in the media.  It was a comment (which almost came off to me as an aside) in the context of the state of NIL and I think the real purpose of this comment, especially given the forum/audience he was speaking to, was to impress on the Bama supporters to start giving more money.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Yeah, now.  But 12 to 15 years ago?  When the vast majority of the top 100 kids stopped wanting to play for Texas and USC and started wanting to play in the Deep South?  Why, just so they could play for or against Nick Saban?  So they could make the league, because none of the guys they'd grown up watching at Texas and USC had been drafted?  Nonsense.

The SEC's been paying kids for well over a decade.  The fact that Saban can make an accusation like this with a straight face speaks to how absolutely unfuckingtouchable he knows he is.

He's right, of course, that aggy bought that entire recruiting class.  But Jumbo is right that Saban shouldn't be pointing that finger at anybody.

I just hope it all escalates.  Aggy got out of big brother's shadow and into the "good cultural fit" SEC and they're gonna wind up being even more hated than ever.  It's perfect. 

I’m not arguing any of your points.

Its more about us not putting anyone in the League. 

homer simpson beer GIF

• Rage+1 3

14 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Bingo.

If the NCAA legalized performance enhancing drugs, it would make Saban’s head explode. 

14 hours ago, mdleast said:

Having heard the actual audio and context of what Saban had to say, it didn't come off to me as anywhere near as incendiary as it is being played out in the media.  It was a comment (which almost came off to me as an aside) in the context of the state of NIL and I think the real purpose of this comment, especially given the forum/audience he was speaking to, was to impress on the Bama supporters to start giving more money.

How is it you’re the “least” brother and not the “most” brother? 

7 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Who is aggy going to dickride now that they’re all pissed at bama? 

And just what do you think their corps does, just knit happy socks?

16 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Bingo.

This post isn’t in touch with reality. 

I believe this was a very calculated move by Saban he knew there would be fallout he also knew this would bring everything to the national spot light.  He knows bama can not compete with NIL his statements are essentially his “broken arrow”. Blow it all up and start over because he knows there is no going back now

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, ApocalypseTexas said:

I believe this was a very calculated move by Saban he knew there would be fallout he also knew this would bring everything to the national spot light.  He knows bama can not compete with NIL his statements are essentially his “broken arrow”. Blow it all up and start over because he knows there is no going back now

User name checks out

34 minutes ago, ApocalypseTexas said:

04d2aefc6360ec76154d27be6c0e4b58.gif

"Russians Don't Take A Dump, Son, Without A Plan"

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Alabama Football - Now Featuring Kalen DeBoer
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic