LTtxfan

Saban and Bama

1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

When I saw the replay, my own football ending play (and Bo's) injury is immediately what I thought of.  I've had my right hip replaced 5 times b/c of a hip fracture just like that.

Hope he's able to return some day. 

You should’ve gotten a different doctor after the first two....just okay is not okay.

3 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

You should’ve gotten a different doctor after the first two....just okay is not okay.

My first one was at 27.  Had a slip and fall while it was healing, got a spiral fracture in my femur and had to get a redo for #2.

The third was at 45 when the original socket (was a polymer) wore out. 

6 minutes ago, Zavala said:

For real, this may be major for the future of Bama.

He fucked up a potential #1 overall NFL QB pick for stats trying run up the score on a shitty sec team.

Tua should just train and go get ready to go play in the NFL. Fuck Bammer. Fuck dickhead Saban.

Hope speedy recovery and big $ for Tua, but damn he got fucked playing for St. Nick.

I can’t blame Saban for this.  Injuries happen.  Players play not 100% all the time for tons of other coaches at tons of other schools.  This injury may have been related to his other injury.  May not have.  Sucks for Tua and hope he recovers but this isn’t on Bama or Saban.

1 hour ago, Zavala said:

He fucked up a potential #1 overall NFL QB pick for stats trying run up the score on a shitty sec team.

Tua should just train and go get ready to go play in the NFL. Fuck Bammer. Fuck dickhead Saban.

Hope speedy recovery and big $ for Tua, but damn he got fucked playing for St. Nick.

You might be retarded.

1 hour ago, Zavala said:

Meh.

Bama always plays an easy schedule.  They play a neutral game to kick off the season and that's never against anyone on their level.  They then play 3 rent a wins and combined with an awful conference slate of the Mississippi schools, Arky, Tenner, and Aggy, those are all guaranteed wins.  They have a two game season every year and they always get a week off before LSU and they play Tenner and Arky before that.  They also play a State level SEC team and then a D3 school before Barn.  They can rest starters and entire month if needed.

They could have an average team and go 10-2 but with their level of recruiting, they'll almost always win one of those games and the CFP committee will always smile on a one loss Bama.

Meh.
Bama always plays an easy schedule.  They play a neutral game to kick off the season and that's never against anyone on their level.  They then play 3 rent a wins and combined with an awful conference slate of the Mississippi schools, Arky, Tenner, and Aggy, those are all guaranteed wins.  They have a two game season every year and they always get a week off before LSU and they play Tenner and Arky before that.  They also play a State level SEC team and then a D3 school before Barn.  They can rest starters and entire month if needed.
They could have an average team and go 10-2 but with their level of recruiting, they'll almost always win one of those games and the CFP committee will always smile on a one loss Bama.
This should be Texas every year with OU being the only challenge. Year in year out. But noooo

I can’t blame Saban for this.  Injuries happen.  Players play not 100% all the time for tons of other coaches at tons of other schools.  This injury may have been related to his other injury.  May not have.  Sucks for Tua and hope he recovers but this isn’t on Bama or Saban.

He didn’t have to trot him out there. Not like the guy needs the practice and Bama should be able to beat that horrible team running the single wing. Saban was trying for style points. It fucked him. It fucked Tua.

5 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

He didn’t have to trot him out there. Not like the guy needs the practice and Bama should be able to beat that horrible team running the single wing. Saban was trying for style points. It fucked him. It fucked Tua.

Bullshit.  So none of the starters should play when they’re playing shitty teams.  Just in case they might get hurt?  Give me a fucking break.  I might give it to you if it was late in the 4th and they were up by 50.  Then sure...what are your starters still doing out there?  This was the second quarter.  Your starters are still in the game.  On every team by every coach.

If your Heisman candidate qb is still banged up, yeah you fucking sit him against a shitty team. Plain and simple. Make him available in case of emergency. Bama sets up their bullshit schedule to rest as many guys as possible. They could afford to sit him.

16 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

If your Heisman candidate qb is still banged up, yeah you fucking sit him against a shitty team. Plain and simple. Make him available in case of emergency. Bama sets up their bullshit schedule to rest as many guys as possible. They could afford to sit him.

Clearly you don’t know much about football.  Everyone’s “banged up” by this point in the season.  You have no clue to what level Tua was “banged up” (looked pretty good before he got hurt) and you have no clue that him being “banged up” had a damn thing to do with this injury (didn’t look like it to me).  Tua’s playing in that game at that moment on almost every team in the country.

Clearly you don’t know much about football.  Everyone’s “banged up” by this point in the season.  You have no clue to what level Tua was “banged up” (looked pretty good before he got hurt) and you have no clue that him being “banged up” had a damn thing to do with this injury (didn’t look like it to me).  Tua’s playing in that game at that moment on almost every team in the country.

I’m well aware of the fact that at this point, practically everyone is nursing some type of injury or ailment. That’s what happens when big strong people knock the fuck out of each other a lot. But unless what I was hearing last week was just made up, Tua wasn’t cleared to play until Wednesday or so. I never even made mention that his previous injury had anything to do with this other than he was out on the field.

Tua has now been injured for the fourth time trying to extend a play when he should have thrown the ball away.  It's a flaw, maybe the only one, in his game.  For the sake of football, I hope his surgery is successful and that he plays again with a bionic hip.  He's the best passer ever at Alabama and I saw Joe Namath play live several times.  Joe, before his knee injury, was a better runner, but Tua's the more accurate.  Tua himself will always be a winner, football or no football. Blaming Nick Saban is off the mark.  This one's on Tua.  Football involves high speed collisions of large, fast bodies.  QBs should avoid them whenever possible.