Dan Crenshaw

Ted Lange

I personally grow tired of how we think everyone who served in the military is some kind of genius.  The military is just like everywhere else.  There are some smart people, average people, and dumb asses and that's regardless of rank.  I worked at a company once where the VP and SVP I reported to were both former Army colonels and they were grade A morons.

I think it goes back to that so few people serve in the military anymore that no one really knows anything about it so we put them all on a pedestal.  In the WWII generation, damn near everyone had some exposure to the military so they knew it for what it was.  That's why they could laugh at Gomer Pyle and some such.

Not everyone in the military in some noble warrior poet.

• Like 9

I attended a 21 gun salute military funeral today of a close family friend that was a helicopter pilot in Vietnam.  I knew him my entire life and I was shocked when they read off all the medals he was awarded, including a Bronze Star.  No one at the service had any idea he had these, including his kids.  It wasn’t something he took pride in or wanted to show off.  Apparently he felt they weren’t of importance because he shouldn’t receive special recognition for doing his duty. 

My kind of hero.

CSB

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 5

17 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Why is he obsessed with Cortez?  

Thread about AOC, freshman rep from The Bronx, who has new and progressive ideas, but is brown and a woman - 82 pages

Thread about Crenshaw, freshman rep from Houston 'burbs, who has stale and boring and canned GOP ideas, blaming libtards/PC culture, but is white and military - 2 pages

giphy.gif

Edited by Js1
  • Like 1

Also Crenshaw seems like he's trying to come in and steal the "common-sense, normal" Republican label from Will Hurd.  White people trying to co-opt minority accomplishments....

Edited by Js1

The political world these days is all about theater.  Looks like Rep. Crenshaw is embracing the stage.  I don't blame him or any of his colleagues so much as the audience itself.  The peanut gallery is out of hand and the folks in the rarified air of the private box seats are the ones who built the theater.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Winona's Big Orange Bevo said:

Give him time, he's not seeing the whole picture. 

tenor.gif?itemid=4673361

He got a chance to be something when Pete Davidson stepped on his dick.  Turns out he's just another hack politician with stale ideas and canned partisan babble.  He basically blew his goodwill this week by not being fresh.  I'm guessing he's seen his last primetime slot for awhile.

Edited by Bateshorn

On 1/14/2019 at 6:12 PM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I attended a 21 gun salute military funeral today of a close family friend that was a helicopter pilot in Vietnam.  I knew him my entire life and I was shocked when they read off all the medals he was awarded, including a Bronze Star.  No one at the service had any idea he had these, including his kids.  It wasn’t something he took pride in or wanted to show off.  Apparently he felt they weren’t of importance because he shouldn’t receive special recognition for doing his duty. 

My kind of hero.

CSB

My mom has a friend who was a Vietnam Vet.  Didn't know much about his service, as he never talked about it.  Just assumed he was in Saigon or something.  Totally normal dude with a white collar job.

My kids were really young one time when we had dinner with him and his wife.  They innocently asked him if he had any shiny medals.  He said sure: "I have a silver one that's really shiny and 2 bronze ones that are kinda neat"  A silver star and two bronze stars.  He let them wear them around while they were playing.  I definitely saw a couple of purple hearts in the shoe box he pulled them out of.

That was the extent of the conversation.  Still don't really know what he did, except it was multiple tours.  Definite CSB

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4673361

He got a chance to be something when Pete Davidson stepped on his dick.  Turns out he's just another hack politician with stale ideas and canned partisan babble.

This. He showed forgiveness and compassion and framed himself as someone who could find common ground even with the drug using, nut job, NYC liberal. I even thought, "Hey, this guys alright". Then.

Someone should ask Crenshaw about this:

The largest single group of asylum seekers ever to cross into the U.S. tunneled beneath the border wall near San Luis, Arizona, on Monday, voluntarily turning themselves into Customs and Border Protection, according to the agency.

Migrants can be seen marching toward Border Patrol agents by the hundreds, according to video obtained by ABC News. Smugglers dug a series of seven holes, only a few feet long beneath the steel border fence, with hundreds going beneath the wall and a smaller number clambering over it, according to CBP.

The fresh sand and scuff marks of shoes on the rusty steel were still there when ABC News visited the site on Thursday.

The agency says 179 of the record 376 people who crossed were children, including over 30 unaccompanied minors -- children under 18 traveling on their own.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/largest-single-group-migrants-ever-tunnels-under-border-114208863--abc-news-topstories.html

SEALs are not soldiers (most soldiers don't have tell-all book contracts waiting when they leave the service), and no, psychopaths don't make the finest soldiers.  
Psychopaths do stupid shit that
  1. Can get them and/or their fellow soldiers killed.
  2. Turns the civilian populace against you (see #1)
  3. Causes problems for other soldiers and the upper ranks (see #1 and #2)
  4. Screws with unit cohesion (as in the unit turns against them)
  5. Makes them have to be babysat or transferred elsewhere
  6. And so on....
Do psychopaths make it into the military?  Yep, there's not some magical full-proof screening process that can keep them out if they've kept a clean nose in their civilian life.  But at least the Army and Marines try and weed them out during basic/boot camp, or at least push them into non-Combat Arms MOSes.  Source: my own observations during basic, plus being stationed at a base with a large basic training program and rooming with a drill instructor during that time (and this was in the 90s - it's probably more of a problem nowadays).
You realize you're "talking" to actual psycho's on CR. Ted, Hugo, etc etc etc.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My kind of hero.
CSB

The reason they do this is because they feel a certain level of shame that they came back while so many of their friends didn’t, especially helicopter pilots.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That's awesome. Hopefully the turnout is even higher (which it should be) in 2020 and that's enough to flip this district. But it's so fucking gerrymandered that it is going to be tough. The fact that Crenshaw represents Montrose is fucking ridiculous. And fuck the stupid fucking Houston shit ass suburbs. Dan Crenshaw is their fault. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

That's awesome. Hopefully the turnout is even higher (which it should be) in 2020 and that's enough to flip this district. But it's so fucking gerrymandered that it is going to be tough. The fact that Crenshaw represents Montrose is fucking ridiculous. And fuck the stupid fucking Houston shit ass suburbs. Dan Crenshaw is their fault. 

wait, is this smug sarcastic sock hank scorpio or super serious hank scorpio?

• Like 1

On 1/14/2019 at 5:12 PM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

My kind of hero.

CSB

My grandfather got a silver star at Iwo Jima and I didn't know until I was an adult.

If asked, he would talk about his exploits in the Pacific War (he was at all the major Pacific battles- Iwo Jima, Guadacanal, Okinawa), but only reluctantly, and only to other adult males. Never kids or women.

I think to him, joining the navy after Pearl Harbor was just something you did if you were a healthy male. 

5 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I saw she taught (teachers?) HS science. I wonder which was the harder job: navy officer or HS science teacher?

She teaches at as private school.    shes also the swim coach.  her school photo is not flattering either.

5 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

My grandfather got a silver star at Iwo Jima and I didn't know until I was an adult.

If asked, he would talk about his exploits in the Pacific War (he was at all the major Pacific battles- Iwo Jima, Guadacanal, Okinawa), but only reluctantly, and only to other adult males. Never kids or women.

I think to him, joining the navy after Pearl Harbor was just something you did if you were a healthy male. 

Meanwhile, my HS classmate who served 3 years in the motor pool (tow truck driver) and never saw any action has his FB page plastered with veteran stuff, has a bunch of Army stickers on his truck, and never leaves home without at least two pieces of military flair.

7 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Meanwhile, my HS classmate who served 3 years in the motor pool (tow truck driver) and never saw any action has his FB page plastered with veteran stuff, has a bunch of Army stickers on his truck, and never leaves home without at least two pieces of military flair.

Look....a dude will do anything to get laid, and as a fellow dude, you need to stay outta his way.