Dan Crenshaw

Ted Lange

I, too, am in dan’s district (Lake Houston area), and I somehow got on his email list. I know they don’t read them because I always reply and ask “what is Dan doing for Black people in his district who feel unsafe?” and I get nothing except..more emails.

I’m moving in the fall to basically Shepherd & Crosstimbers. I swear to Christ if that’s dan’s district too, somebody is gonna get punched.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Lol, stanning for Kingwood. It's unremarkable and is entirely indistinguishable from every other strip mall suburban vomit as all other areas of Houston more than 10 miles outside the loop. Except Kingwood is older. Strip Malls with a fuck ton of Old Navy/Ulta 3/DSW Shoes and crammed with delightful eateries like Chilis, Texas Roadhouse, Gringos and maybe a Pappadeaux or Pappasitos if you're feeling real bougie. But there's a price to pay for that kind of fine living, so unfortunately that kind of grandiose lifestyle means you might have to commute into Houston for 90 or so minutes of your day for work. But the good news is, you get a school system that ranks decidedly beneath Katy, Tomball, Pearland, Fort Bend, Klein, Magnolia...well shit. And lets not forget that it's completely full of Aggy. Then again, Donkey is Aggy, so of course he's smitten with the area. 

Sorry macanudo. 

The good news it rains enough in Houston that of all the areas listed in Sidney's post it also is the area that rains and floods the worst.  Outside of living on Braeswood Blvd., it might be the worst flooded part of town.

I, too, am in dan’s district (Lake Houston area), and I somehow got on his email list. I know they don’t read them because I always reply and ask “what is Dan doing for Black people in his district who feel unsafe?” and I get nothing except..more emails.
I’m moving in the fall to basically Shepherd & Crosstimbers. I swear to Christ if that’s dan’s district too, somebody is gonna get punched.
SJL I believe.

13 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Lots of things in this world aren't inherently terrible. That also doesn't mean I'm going to go out of my way to suck them off the way dipshit is sucking off Kingwood. 

"Adequate under the right circumstances" shouldn't be considered high praise by anyone, and yet here we are...

There used to be a poster on the alcoholic thread who lived in Austin and would stay sober but would fall off the wagon every time he went back to Kingwood to see his parents. 

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:
19 hours ago, Pancho said:

SJL I believe.

Better. Still terrible, but better?

8 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

There used to be a poster on the alcoholic thread who lived in Austin and would stay sober but would fall off the wagon every time he went back to Kingwood to see his parents. 

those chili's margaritas will get you !

• Hook 'Em 1

Holy shit, it’s a blink182 tribute band? Haha haha haha. I guess bowling for soup turned them down as well.

Fitting since we have a tribute to a congressman on office. (By that I mean semen on a picture of trump)

The only one of those that is closer than 8-10  miles from me is a Texas Roadhouse.   Kingwood actually has a variety of pretty decent places to eat that are not chains.  The rest of those hack, chain type places are down near Deerbrook Mall (10 miles away) or up in Porter.  

But the reasons for living here have dwindled. 59 is mess now and they just keep tearing out trees and pouring more concrete between downtown 610 and the Grand Parkway.  Traffic in Kingwood is a fucking mess.  A couple of years ago, our city councilman (Dave Martin) tried to tell everyone that getting from the mid point in Kingwood (Kingwood Dr and Lake Houston Parkway) was only a 5-7 minute drive.  He had driven it on Christmas Day.   And his big ass Catholic church on Northpark fucks up traffic something fierce any day they have mass. 

Property taxes suck ass out here too.  

On 6/18/2021 at 2:36 PM, deech said:

The good news it rains enough in Houston that of all the areas listed in Sidney's post it also is the area that rains and floods the worst.  Outside of living on Braeswood Blvd., it might be the worst flooded part of town.

Oh, yeah.   A good hard rain out here floods somebody now.  It's been quite a treat seeing 2" come down and a neighborhood that hadn't flooded ever, even during Harvey, Imelda,  the Memorial Day floods or Tax Day floods all of a sudden have homes flooded with 2 feet of water in them.  

• 1 month later...

dan ran 5-6 points ahead of trump in this district, so he's probably ok, but part of me wonders if someone particularly trumpy might win the primary and actually lose the general.  guess it might depend a bit on how redistricting goes.  based on vote shares the 2 additional districts would be democrats, generally, so they'll need to water down republican districts to pick up both.  is dan safe enough at +8 on his own?

36 minutes ago, elfenix said:

dan ran 5-6 points ahead of trump in this district, so he's probably ok, but part of me wonders if someone particularly trumpy might win the primary and actually lose the general.  guess it might depend a bit on how redistricting goes.  based on vote shares the 2 additional districts would be democrats, generally, so they'll need to water down republican districts to pick up both.  is dan safe enough at +8 on his own?

He's safe.   Kingwood loves his, and Trump's, bullshit.

1 hour ago, elfenix said:

I bet you’re right that he will lose some support with the new district maps. If he ran that far ahead of trump, the state gop will pull some voters for someone else especially if you assume that Houston has another district.

Yeah, this is horseshit. Guy doesn't get any kind of credit for literally not walking into a room, taking off his pants, sticking his ass up in the air and NOT raining down diarrhea on everyone in attendance. Just like no one should high five Matt Gaetz for not fucking an underage girl today. Don't give someone credit for being human cancer in a sea of human aids. 
rock-gif1.gif
  • Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, Macanudo said:

He's safe.   Kingwood loves his, and Trump's, bullshit.

While that’s true, his current district has some verrry blue areas. I could see a super Trumpy republican primarying him and then that candidate getting beaten in the general based on central Houston turnout. His best bet may be redistricting where the Rs decide to cede Montrose and other parts of central Houston to the Ds and shore up their Kingwood stronghold.

6 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yeah, this is horseshit. Guy doesn't get any kind of credit for literally not walking into a room, taking off his pants, sticking his ass up in the air and NOT raining down diarrhea on everyone in attendance. Just like no one should high five Matt Gaetz for not fucking an underage girl today. Don't give someone credit for being human cancer in a sea of human aids. 

This. He still signed onto the Texas lawsuit to overturn the election results. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, royiv said:

While that’s true, his current district has some verrry blue areas. I could see a super Trumpy republican primarying him and then that candidate getting beaten in the general based on central Houston turnout. His best bet may be redistricting where the Rs decide to cede Montrose and other parts of central Houston to the Ds and shore up their Kingwood stronghold.

His district is so gerrymandered the blue votes don't make a difference. Kingwood/Humble is keeping him in office.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Oddly specific.  

15 hours ago, Js1 said:

This. He still signed onto the Texas lawsuit to overturn the election results. 

And it's all he should ever be known for. I don't give a shit how long he pretends to be some sort of "moderate" Republican, he sided against American democracy.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...