Dan Crenshaw

Ted Lange

Ouch, Ted.  Acevedo dunking on you.  He did you a big solid but sealing off leaks about your wife's more-than-disturbing behavior many years ago.  

I know your first instinct right now is gonna tweet something you think is really pithy and full of wit.  But don't.  Art's got some flaws but he's trying to make a good point here, don't go down the rabbit hole.  Your daughters do not to learn what kind of place Heidi was in 10-15 years ago.  And they sure as shit don't need to hear it on social media.  I know you're thinking about to write back, but just accept you were owned by Art and move on to something else.  A lot of people have helped you cover up what a shitbag you are over the years, no need to call in the chip.

• 2 months later...

Jameson Ellis, whatever else you might say about him, appears to be a real human being.  Crenshaw on the other hand was likely grown in a lab.  He seems to me like a throwback to Bush-era conservatism, which in some ways (a million dead in Iraq over boldfaced lies, the formation of ISIS, etc.) is worse than what we have today.

Edited by Starfleet Command

On 5/11/2022 at 8:31 PM, atomheartbevo said:

Crenshaw going hard in the paint.  These kinds of lucid comments....if he was like this all the time, and didn't descend into Trumpism, he'd be a solid Republican you could back in Texas.

Crenshaw basically said in another tweet that with Ukraine we are able to kill a great many of our enemy without losing one American soldier so what's not to like?  Keep in mind the people being massacred are Christians and Crenshaw has the temerity to call himself one as well.

7 minutes ago, Starfleet Command said:

Jameson Ellis, whatever else you might say about him, appears to be a real human being.  Crenshaw on the other hand was likely grown in a lab.  He seems to me like a throwback to Bush-era conservatism, which in some ways (a million dead in Iraq over boldfaced lies, the formation of ISIS, etc.) is worse than what we have today.

have to disagree with you there. I'm not supporting many Bush policies but GQP is a bad direction for the old GOP.

• Like 4

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

have to disagree with you there. I'm not supporting many Bush policies but GQP is a bad direction for the old GOP.

GQP is just the GOP post-great recession.  Crenshaw is a man out of time.  There is very little appetite in this country for what he wants to do (wars).  That time has passed.

33 minutes ago, Starfleet Command said:

GQP is just the GOP post-great recession.  Crenshaw is a man out of time.  There is very little appetite in this country for what he wants to do (wars).  That time has passed.

I wouldn't vote for Crenshaw but I find him to be one of the more reasonable republicans in office. I can definitely see why GQP want him out of office.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I wouldn't vote for Crenshaw but I find him to be one of the more reasonable republicans in office. I can definitely see why GQP want him out of office.

Crenshaw operates within the traditional American political framework and usually finds himself in trouble when he calls out his own party members for playing out of bounds. It's crazy that normal is now considered abnormal. Every person challenging him is running on the bat shit crazy platform.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Naw man. 

I'm no Crenshaw fanboi, but saying he's basically MTG isn't accurate at all.  He's well educated and knows better than some of the shit that he says on occasion, but he's somewhat sane, which there is less and less of in the modern GQP.

At NRG in the 2020 early voting and election day, there were goons wearing Crenshaw gear intimidating the voters in those long lines.  They worked from the 100 ft boundary and out.  I'm not saying he directed it, but no way he didn't know it was going on and allowed it.  He's no better than the rest of them, he just comes at being an asshole from a different direction.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

I really don't fucking get the people still desperately hoping for some "normal" Republicans. 

"He's not literally as stupid, insane, and vicious as she is, he just acts like a stupid, insane, and vicious person to keep his office!" doesn't make me like or respect him more, it makes me hate him more.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 5

Pandering to crazy assholes is definitely worse.  It's what takes loathing for Ted Cruz to 11.  Crenshaw knew better when he was sucking up to Trump.  He doesn't get a pass for all of that now.

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Starfleet Command said:

Crenshaw basically said in another tweet that with Ukraine we are able to kill a great many of our enemy without losing one American soldier so what's not to like?  Keep in mind the people being massacred are Christians and Crenshaw has the temerity to call himself one as well.

Here's the tweet, and yeah, I totally agree with him. The destruction of the Russian military in Ukraine is incredible, and shows them to be the paper tiger they are. I hate that many of those Russian soldiers were sent there on false premises and unwillingly, but they are the ones continuing to invade and destroy a sovereign nation. Nearly anything we can do to further hurt Russia via this proxy war is  worthwhile. Fuck Russia, fuck their invasion, and fuck them regardless of whatever stupid religion you think they believe. 40B is a drop in the bucket of a 5 Trillion dollar budget. We spent plenty more than that on the remnants of Iraq, the civil war in Syria and the occupation Afghanistan, all while Russia was arming the insurgents against us.

Edited by Dutchrudder

24 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I really don't fucking get the people still desperately hoping for some "normal" Republicans. 

"He's not literally as stupid, insane, and vicious as she is, he just acts like a stupid, insane, and vicious person to keep his office!" doesn't make me like or respect him more, it makes me hate him more.

16 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Pandering to crazy assholes is definitely worse.  It's what takes loathing for Ted Cruz to 11.  Crenshaw knew better when he was sucking up to Trump.  He doesn't get a pass for all of that now.

This is my spouse's take. Because those two officials actually wield real power (as opposed to Joe or Jill Message Board user) and have the awareness of their responsibilities, they are despicable for it.

14 hours ago, Bullneck said:

Let those idiots fight amongst themselves.

2 hours ago, F250 said:

Crenshaw operates within the traditional American political framework and usually finds himself in trouble when he calls out his own party members for playing out of bounds. It's crazy that normal is now considered abnormal. Every person challenging him is running on the bat shit crazy platform.

Dan is learning the new Law of the GQP -- and it is the only law, there are no others: Thou shalt show 100% fealty to Trump and Trumpism, whatever that may mean at any given second.

It's not about any particular idea, or policy position.  It's just about slavish devotion to the GodKing, full stop.  Any deviation from that makes you an apostate, and you must be cast out.  That is the entirety of the GQP platform and belief system now.  You can't be "mostly" in agreement with Trump, because that implies some disagreement, and ANY disagreement is unacceptable heresy.

TLDR; it's a cult, and the #1 rule of any cult is "obey and worship the cult leader 100% at all times."  Failure to do so makes you a heretic.

59 minutes ago, Starfleet Command said:

I think there's something deeply wrong with celebrating mass loss of human life, especially for someone like Crenshaw.  If you worship Moloch then just come out and say it.  

The tweet above isn't exactly celebrating the Russians' death but maybe there is one, I don't know. Regardless I would also guess that Crenshaw's main opinion is that the Russian should retreat back to their country if they want to avoid more deaths.

It's also a reality of modern war that if you can defeat your enemy with no loss of life on your side, you leverage that situation. 

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The tweet above isn't exactly celebrating the Russians' death but maybe there is one, I don't know. Regardless I would also guess that Crenshaw's main opinion is that the Russian should retreat back to their country if they want to avoid more deaths.

It's also a reality of modern war that if you can defeat your enemy with no loss of life on your side, you leverage that situation. 

Even today, "destruction of your adversary's military" obviously entails a great amount of killing.  Maybe if bleeding Russia out in Ukraine somehow saved the lives of Americans then it would be cause for celebration or at least a "necessary evil."  That's not true though, and if anything it places our lives in harms way should the conflict escalate.  

Also, I am not defending Russia.  Ultimately they are responsible for what is happening in Ukraine.  Our role should be to minimize and de-escalate the conflict through negotiation.  We aren't doing that and instead are doing the opposite of that - escalating the conflict as much as we can while keeping it within Ukraine.  With Congress being little more than an arms dealer at this point, it's not surprising to see the glee from Crenshaw, but again it's odious and points to the rot within the soul of our nation. 

1 hour ago, Starfleet Command said:

I think there's something deeply wrong with celebrating mass loss of human life, especially for someone like Crenshaw.  If you worship Moloch then just come out and say it.  

Meh, fuck Russia and Russians.  Hope the Ukes continue killing them w/ extreme prejudice. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Starfleet Command said:

Even today, "destruction of your adversary's military" obviously entails a great amount of killing.  Maybe if bleeding Russia out in Ukraine somehow saved the lives of Americans then it would be cause for celebration or at least a "necessary evil."  That's not true though, and if anything it places our lives in harms way should the conflict escalate.  

Also, I am not defending Russia.  Ultimately they are responsible for what is happening in Ukraine.  Our role should be to minimize and de-escalate the conflict through negotiation.  We aren't doing that and instead are doing the opposite of that - escalating the conflict as much as we can while keeping it within Ukraine.  With Congress being little more than an arms dealer at this point, it's not surprising to see the glee from Crenshaw, but again it's odious and points to the rot within the soul of our nation. 

It's not about saving American lives, it's about saving the country of Ukraine from being absorbed by Russia. Weakening their military in the process is just a happy coincidence, whether that be a loss of tanks, hardware, men or money.  We should not allow Russia to expand its influence anywhere in the world at this point, drive them into a corner of their own making, and let them slowly fade out of relevance.  

Biden shouldn't be negotiating with an invading force, he should be pushing the UN to revoke their seat on the Security Council. He should be pushing to admit Ukraine into NATO. He should be supplying them with weapons, intel and supplies to try to preserve their independence.  It doesn't matter how many Russians die in the process, every one of those lives lost is entirely Putin's doing, and if you think he's running a "Christian Nation" and this is the output of those "Christian Values" then you're a fucking dipshit. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

On 2/17/2022 at 11:55 PM, atomheartbevo said:

One of Crenshaw's challengers, LOL.  

I don't know how he will hold them accountable and expose their voting records when their voting records are public.

The only thing that would make that a better tweet is if he was "Machine Gun" Ellis or "Six Shooter" Ellis.  

(Also, just 1 reply since mid February?  That seems weak)

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

It's not about saving American lives, it's about saving the country of Ukraine from being absorbed by Russia. Weakening their military in the process is just a happy coincidence, whether that be a loss of tanks, hardware, men or money.  We should not allow Russia to expand its influence anywhere in the world at this point, drive them into a corner of their own making, and let them slowly fade out of relevance.  

Biden shouldn't be negotiating with an invading force, he should be pushing the UN to revoke their seat on the Security Council. He should be pushing to admit Ukraine into NATO. He should be supplying them with weapons, intel and supplies to try to preserve their independence.  It doesn't matter how many Russians die in the process, every one of those lives lost is entirely Putin's doing, and if you think he's running a "Christian Nation" and this is the output of those "Christian Values" then you're a fucking dipshit. 

I don’t like Putin and he’s primarily responsible for what is taking place. However, the US has agency as well and the ability to affect events in Ukraine.  I find it doubtful that the war would still be ongoing without our involvement. Indeed, it’s possible that the war would not have started he we chosen a different tack years ago before the fall of the Ukrainian government in 2014. 

With the above in mind, the US is at least possibly responsible for the ongoing loss of Russian and Ukrainian lives. That’s a real cost that will affect peoples lives there for a long time. A lot of sons, brothers, and fathers are gone. 

The US realizes this, but views the ongoing tragedy as a feature, not a bug. Moreover, it’s a feature specific to US’ material interests, not necessarily the Ukrainians’.  You don’t find that to be a little disgusting?  I think if the tables were turned you would. 

• Fuck You 1

15 minutes ago, Starfleet Command said:

However, the US has agency as well and the ability to affect events in Ukraine.

Luckily this is correct and we've given Ukraine the support they've requested without starting WW3. You can lie down and let Russia dominate what they want if you wish, but that doesn't appear to be the will of the Ukrainian people so far. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

I don’t like Putin and he’s primarily responsible for what is taking place.

Putin is 100% responsible.  Whether you think he made this decision back in 2014 after they got away with illegally annexing Crimea, or he made it last summer when he pushed out his little manifesto questioning Ukraine's right to exist, he was 100% responsible for this invasion and war.

And by the way, Putin and Co. have long had a desire to take over Ukraine, and they were never shy about it.  In fact, it's a part of the Russian psyche going back centuries, that somehow Russia has the right to fuck around with its neighbors.

However, the US has agency as well and the ability to affect events in Ukraine.

Which we are doing, in a very positive manner, without escalating to the point of US troops versus Russian troops.

I find it doubtful that the war would still be ongoing without our involvement.

If we had not provided aid, and weapons (and "we" includes the US, Canada, Europe and elsewhere), you are somewhat right, the war would have simply moved to an insurgency phase.

However, Putin would have been also been preparing to conquer the next country on his list, whether that's Moldova or Georgia or who knows what.

Indeed, it’s possible that the war would not have started he we chosen a different tack years ago before the fall of the Ukrainian government in 2014. 

Somewhat agree - had Ukraine been welcomed into NATO before 2014, then Putin never orders an invasion and does not annex Crimea.

The problem is that the Russians were working to install pro-Russian politicians, and Ukraine's desire to join NATO was shelved in 2010 or 2011 after a pro-Russian politician shelved it.  Putin worked very hard to keep Ukraine out of NATO, and tens of thousands of dead Ukrainians have paid that price, along with tens of thousands of dead Russian soldiers.

@Starfleet Command don't mistake Putin's claims that NATO wants to invade Russia with Putin's desire to keep countries out of NATO so that he can fuck with them as he pleases.  

Lest we forget, NATO never invaded the Warsaw Pact or the Soviet Union or Russia.  In fact, it was the Warsaw Pact/Soviet Union/Russia that invaded Warsaw Pact countries (and former Soviet republics).

Nobody has invaded Russia because Russia has a shit-ton of nukes.  It's not hard to understand that principle.