Dan Crenshaw

Ted Lange

22 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

Trump had a 104 weeks with those conditions and never made the wall this kind of priority until the Dems controlled the House. Hell just 2-3 weeks ago the border was a 'humanitarian crisis' according to Trump.

Maybe with two eyes you could see that. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Is this the eye patch guy who rode a PR stunt caused by a SNL skit into victory?

And now as a freshman rep, is using his bully pulpit to spout his opinions and ideas with little to no actual experience? But his supporters don’t seem to mind all that much?

Man, why haven’t we been talking about and analyzing this guy’s every word for months? He’s even got a fucking eye patch!!! And he’s from TEXAS!

I just cannot understand why y’all haven’t been.......oh. Yeah. Riiiiiight. I wonder if there’s a NYU message board with a very long thread dedicated to ole Dan. Nah, probably not.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

Trump had a 104 weeks with those conditions and never made the wall this kind of priority until the Dems controlled the House. Hell just 2-3 weeks ago the border was a 'humanitarian crisis' according to Trump.

it's not about the wall

3 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Is this the eye patch guy who rode a PR stunt caused by a SNL skit into victory?

And now as a freshman rep, is using his bully pulpit to spout his opinions and ideas with little to no actual experience? But his supporters don’t seem to mind all that much?

Man, why haven’t we been talking about and analyzing this guy’s every word for months? He’s even got a fucking eye patch!!! And he’s from TEXAS!

I just cannot understand why y’all haven’t been.......oh. Yeah. Riiiiiight. I wonder if there’s a NYU message board with a very long thread dedicated to ole Dan. Nah, probably not.

imgur

We overesteem SEALS in this country. Yes, they are badasses, but should they be in elected office? To be as badass as they are, you kinda have to be a psycho....A friend of mine -- ten year army vet, combat duty in Bosnia in Iraq -- told me about going day-drinking with a bunch of them in the Old Ebbitt Grill in DC bar a while back. He said the clientele sort of recognized and saluted them as they came in, as they were recognized as SEALs. As the drinks flowed and the hours rolled by, my buddy notice peculiar thing -- the rest of the customers were picking up their drinks and moving to tables as far away from the SEALs as they could get. The stories they were telling were that psychotic and that disgusting. Bear in mind, this is coming from a guy who had to dig up mass graves of women and children in Bosnia. And they come back over here fucked up but are regarded as rock stars, which, in the limited circle of the military, they are. But I mean, look at Chris Kyle. Had he lived he'd probably be a Rep by now, even with all the ridiculous lies he told his biographers and reporters. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I have a relative that is a military therapist and she told me psychopaths make the finest soldiers.

SEALs are not soldiers (most soldiers don't have tell-all book contracts waiting when they leave the service), and no, psychopaths don't make the finest soldiers.  

Psychopaths do stupid shit that

1. Can get them and/or their fellow soldiers killed.
  2. Turns the civilian populace against you (see #1)
  3. Causes problems for other soldiers and the upper ranks (see #1 and #2)
  4. Screws with unit cohesion (as in the unit turns against them)
  5. Makes them have to be babysat or transferred elsewhere
  6. And so on....

Do psychopaths make it into the military?  Yep, there's not some magical full-proof screening process that can keep them out if they've kept a clean nose in their civilian life.  But at least the Army and Marines try and weed them out during basic/boot camp, or at least push them into non-Combat Arms MOSes.  Source: my own observations during basic, plus being stationed at a base with a large basic training program and rooming with a drill instructor during that time (and this was in the 90s - it's probably more of a problem nowadays).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

The existence of Dan Crenshaw is actually Charlie Wilson’s fault. If he had of kept selling weapons to Al Qaeda they would have had enough fire power to blow off more than an eye. 

Or we coulda just built a damned school.