Dan Crenshaw

Ted Lange

Crenshaw will run away with his race in 2020.  Yes he didn’t win by much in 2018 compared to what Poe used to see but Crenshaw also had Cruz at the top.  With trump at the top, the 2nd district will come back strong gop.  From a quick check, it also looks like Crenshaw has raised over 6m while his opponent is at less than 2.

17 minutes ago, tchookem said:

This is making it's way through the echo chambers. It's what you think it is,Trump did everything he could, Nancy Pelosi stalled things, but I'm not here to defend Trump.

Yep.  This is what the Rs do so much better than the Ds.  They have their talking points and they stick to them, without fail.

29 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Yep.  This is what the Rs do so much better than the Ds.  They have their talking points and they stick to them, without fail.

And they’re simple talking points that they don’t have to spend 10 minutes explaining. 

18 minutes ago, tchookem said:

This is making it's way through the echo chambers. It's what you think it is,Trump did everything he could, Nancy Pelosi stalled things, but I'm not here to defend Trump.

Trumpers are hanging on the exchange with Maher, proclaiming he took him to the woodshed.  Haven't watched as of yet, so no idea.

That's because Maher is a shitty interviewer and never challenges.  He could have asked how the head of Senate Intel knew yet Trump didn't and the whole thing falls apart.

Crenshaw also told a fantastic lie of a story at the end about a houseful of illegals in Houston voting.  Maher didn't push back at all.

That's because Maher is a shitty interviewer and never challenges.  He could have asked how the head of Senate Intel knew yet Trump didn't and the whole thing falls apart.
Crenshaw also told a fantastic lie of a story at the end about a houseful of illegals in Houston voting.  Maher didn't push back at all.
There's a reason why he didn't pull this shit on Face the Nation. You can tell Maher was completely unprepared. I wonder how Crenshaw would do with John Oliver. Same network, same type show (news as entertainment), but you know Oliver and his staff would be spending the week leading up preparing and ready to follow up.

22 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Maher didn’t have his audience and he was caught flat footed. 

I don’t think either side should brag about who knew what and did what. That’s the fucking problem. Endless finger pointing. The head of senate intel was an absolute piece of shit on this.

1 minute ago, 4th&Five said:

the maher interview was terrible. if that's the best he can do during social distancing then please don't put any more republicans on.

His show during quarantine pales in comparison to John Oliver's.  They are both strange without an audience though.

8 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Bullshit. The fucking problem isn't that Dems criticized Trump, it's that Trump knew and did nothing and nearly 50,000 Americans have already died as a result. Fuck you and fuck your bothsides bullshit.

You’re a fucking idiot, a very special one. Congrats, that takes talent.

• Fuck You 2

22 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

His show during quarantine pales in comparison to John Oliver's.  They are both strange without an audience though.

Oliver's is easier to pull off. Most of Maher's show revolves around a panel. 

I think Colbert is doing the best at home show. 

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

colbert seems like a really deep dude and having one guest a night without an audience gives him a chance to get more personal with people.  

I’ve honestly not watched since he went to the networks. Guess I probably should. I like him a lot. 

3 hours ago, Grade of D as in David said:

It's probably second hand information. No way he has laid eyes on that evidence.

Yeah he actually said that. Something about a gop colleague in Texas stopping by houses to talk to registered voters and claimed that the house was all illegals. Of course, I’m sure not sure how he knows they’re illegal. Have to ponder on that one.

12 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Yeah he actually said that. Something about a gop colleague in Texas stopping by houses to talk to registered voters and claimed that the house was all illegals. Of course, I’m sure not sure how he knows they’re illegal. Have to ponder on that one.

There's a house across the street that for decades has Salvadorians that live there and others that rent.  I don't know how many live there but I talk with the sons that don't like the present political situation. I've asked if they've voted and they say no.  I asked them if they voted in the local elections because our town council isn't so great either and it seems like with the larger number of Hispanics in the area, they could get their own representation.  Again, nope.  I pushed on it since they've lived here longer than I have and they said they're not citizens.  I've always suspected that Latinos don't vote because they'd have a larger voice in local elections if they did.  The fact that they don't proves out again and again that they do not vote.  I've gone to several local polling stations on a number of occasions and seldom see any--even when there were large lines waiting to vote for Obama.  

If there was any truth to Dan's story, he'd have done something.  That's where his story falls apart for me.  

when you listen to the stories like the one Crenshaw pushed, holes quickly appear.  First many people complain about immigrants voting but they actually are stating that the undocumented immigrant is registered.  Now we don't want undoc immigrants registering but it doesn't impact vote results.  Second, I question how people know whether someone is an immigrant or not. You have to wonder if these are only assumptions because someone looks to be Hispanic and have a strong accent or doesn't speak English. I doubt many undocumented (or if you prefer illegal) immigrants openly tell strangers that are not living here legally.

Crenshaw is a dangerous GOP politician. At a shallow level, he's a military hero and has a calm, reassuring voice from the GOP. However he has done nothing but support Trump 100% including leading the charge. Now perhaps he's only doing that out of political necessity or perhaps he really is a far right nut.

Finally Crenshaw's main political attribute seems to be losing his eye while serving. Now politicians have long used their military service and sacrifice to get votes but I don't recall someone using it as their main logo in ads.   Personally I find it very sad that he has to resort to only using his lost eye to get a vote.

8 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

The man wears a fucking eye patch like a fucking pirate.  He's a cartoon.  This simulation sucks.

This.  I appreciate his service, but it's hard to take him seriously when he makes the patch a cornerstone of his entire persona.  Maybe there is a legit reason why a glass eye is not an option?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

This.  I appreciate his service, but it's hard to take him seriously when he makes the patch a cornerstone of his entire persona.  Maybe there is a legit reason why a glass eye is not an option?

It's not an option because it's not just the eyeball, there's a chunk of the eye and orbital bone and corresponding cavity that are gone.  It's rough looking.  Not so much that an adult couldn't handle it and not Richard-from-Boardwalk-empire rough, but cut him some slack.  It's not his persona, it's the hand he was dealt.  You think the eyepatch is a distraction, the alternative is much tougher to look at while actually hearing his words.  I disagree with his defense of Trump, and he doesn't get a pass on ignorance just because of his JSOC experience and loss of a chunk of his head.  

He is a really frustrating enigma.  There are Republicans who speak even more insanely when they are in front of their donor class.  There are Republicans who are about the same on or off camera.  And then there are a handful of those that are actually more pragmatic and sensible when they are in front of their donor class, and will actually challenge the status quo of the party.  Crenshaw is an enigma in that he'll speak more logically to issues like climate change, deficit spending, and social progressiveness but still tows the Trump ballsack worship line.  Because he and his smart donors know that science is right on global warming, Covid-19, and blacks seem to commit more crimes because they get arrested disproportionately.  But that small group of folks know you have to throw enough red meat to Trump and his idiot minions to get re-elected and continue the macro agenda.  

He's a perfect encapsulation of the DT non-covid thread.  Many of the folks on there are smart, educated, worldly, and have some financial means.  They know better in many instances.  But they go along with Trump because of his 62 million voters, 30-50 million of them have to be fed and indoctrinated or else they'll stray from the farm.  Crenshaw knows how to do that beyond what any other freshman (or even 10 year seasoned operator) Congressman could possibly do.  He has well-versed and well-informed opinions that are downright centrist, even slightly left.  But he knows exactly how to appear as massaging the President so as to maintain the rouse for the ~40 million truly idiotic morons that follow Trump over each and every cliff.  

Nobody wants to admit so much of their heart and mind was wasted on a charlatan.  It's the basis of "The Music Man", and many of the Trump voters on this site are Shirley Jones.  It's the reason we still have shit like organized religion, Donald Trump, and the Cheesecake Factory.  

7 hours ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

Can someone school me on how you vote illegally? I'm not asking for an "amigo"

Well, it's like this.  On Election Day, you just walk up to your friendly local precinct and someone (no doubtably employed by George Soros)  will be over in the parking lot, just standing there, looking shady and they will hand you a envelope with your election card, your new ID, and a note on who to vote for just so you won't make a mistake, and a $100 bill.

At least that's how I saw it explained on Facebook a few years back.  I'm assuming the same protocols will work this November.

• Like 1