Game 16: Texas vs Texas Tech, 1 PM, LHN

Machinator

47 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Take the over and take Texas imo

Tech and the under is the only thing that makes sense, which in and of itself means that Texas and the over must hit because wtf is the reasoning behind Texas being the favorite? 

This should be a low scoring battle. I wouldn't be surprised if both teams went into the half in the 20's. KenPom has it 61-60 for TTU which sounds about right. Although if the mine weren't so strange i'd probably be guessing more along the lines of TTU winning 65-58 or so. 

Edited by Goo Punch

5 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

no way we score 70.

I feel that way too on Tech’s defense alone, but also think Tech is good for some turnovers that will convert to ‘gimme’ points for UT.

Tech’s PG play is craptastic.  We’ll see what Beard has done to MacGuyver this shit together.

Edited by slorch

For all of you who are picking Texas can i have some of what you're smoking?  I'm afraid it's going to ugly. Although, i guess you can argue that we can't shoot worse than we did against OSU.  Just think Tech is too good and too well coached. I'm happy to be wrong. 

For all of you who are picking Texas can i have some of what you're smoking?  I'm afraid it's going to ugly. Although, i guess you can argue that we can't shoot worse than we did against OSU.  Just think Tech is too good and too well coached. I'm happy to be wrong. 

Tecas Tech is #1 nationally in AdjD by a HUGE margin. I'm talking WAY better than UVA's best defense of recent years. If they stay within a few points of where they currently are (82.8) they will smash the all time record. I cannot make sense of this Texas team being favored over that defense.

f51346cb1d7f1f50e1bf686d90bc19b6.jpg

40608e9f834b9b01e179a6e46df217d6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

I have a couple of Tech family members already whining to me about the game being on LHN. It’s glorious. 

Fuck LHN.

It's not on Xfinity, or it's not on the package I buy.

Either way, not a fucking chance in hell I'd add it to watch one fucking game.

Third world bullshit to hijack a Big XII conference tilt like this.  Oh well, maybe it'll protect Shaka's reputation.

Just now, slorch said:

Fuck LHN.

Third world bullshit to hijack a Big XII conference tilt like this.  Oh well, maybe it'll protect Shaka's reputation.

This is why the internet exists.

1 minute ago, slorch said:

Fuck LHN.

Maybe Tech should join another conference if big bully Texas is so bad.   

Our dribble, drive, handoff offense is really dumb when a team is playing a super sag man defense. It’s basicall a match up zone look they are sagging into the lane so much and the dribble drive handoff is designed to attack super aggressive man to man defense and it doesn’t shock me that Shaka doesn’t know this and tries to run it consecutive times down the court and guys have no drive lanes because 2-3 guys are camped out in it. He blows so bad.