2019 Tampa Bay Rays Thread

Fawesome

uh, i'm cool with 14 as well, but thus far our vetting process is...nonexistent. if we're going to add two more people let's make sure that they're down to manage their teams and stay involved for the entire season. i've seen enough people give up when they're losing at fantasy freaking football to know that not everyone is cut out for a competitive fantasy baseball league with a marathon schedule. we're all familiar with how deftly and calmly i've handled it in the past whenever people have stopped tending to their rosters, but i can't promise that i'll always be able to maintain that trademark level headedness that i'm known for if we add a couple of jabronis who lose interest in managing their teams half way through June. Nah mean?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

we're all familiar with how deftly and calmly i've handled it in the past whenever people have stopped tending to their rosters, but i can't promise that i'll always be able to maintain that trademark level headedness that i'm known for if we add a couple of jabronis who lose interest in managing their teams half way through June. 

now that's good shit.

11 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

i don't know utphil at all, but i know he's been posting on these boards (specifically baseball) for as long as i remember.  feels like he'd be a good addition to the league.

yeah UTPhil will be a solid addition. He's no Hamiltonian, but he'll do. 

can i call clock? i'd like to put a 24-48 clock on the addition of two new members. the truth is i've never felt confident that we could get two new people from shaggy because as i said, it's a big commitment that probably can only be filled by die hard baseball fans, and just not that many die hards even want to commit to something that costs $100 and lasts six months. Anybody else agree with a 24-48 hour clock on adding members? I'd think we'd have a better shot at adding a couple of real life friends who love baseball but who don't post here than we would finding two more posters to add.

Edited by Goo Punch

here is my count (based only upon this thread):

1. fawesome
  2. capn81
  3. northloop
  4. planet houston
  5. nomaaa
  6. goo punch
  7. henrygandorf
  8. bigorange
  9. huge
  10. beer

potential additions:

• utphil

don't see any reason this has to be done in the next couple of days, but i do think we should have everything sorted out by march 1st-ish.

1 hour ago, BigOrange1 said:

1. fawesome
  2. capn81
  3. northloop
  4. planet houston
  5. nomaaa
  6. goo punch
  7. henrygandorf
  8. bigorange
  9. huge
  10. beer

potential additions:

• utphil

don't see any reason this has to be done in the next couple of days, but i do think we should have everything sorted out by march 1st-ish.

if this is correct, let's find one more solid addition and call it a day at 12.  agreed also that we don't need to get into draft order any time soon.

derka wants to start mocking so badly.

1 hour ago, BigOrange1 said:

1. fawesome
  2. capn81
  3. northloop
  4. planet houston
  5. nomaaa
  6. goo punch
  7. henrygandorf
  8. bigorange
  9. huge
  10. beer

potential additions:

• utphil

11. Hitby

Additions:

12. utphil

Is now the time we start gritching about fucking 3.2 inning starts, qs and holds?  It would be nice to have a category where proper research of less than stellar pitching yielded something but I understand in advance that nobody wants hold as a category. There are so few relievers to be competitive in that category without sacrificing something major. Ill hang up and take my answer off the air. 

38 minutes ago, beer said:

Is now the time we start gritching about fucking 3.2 inning starts, qs and holds?  It would be nice to have a category where proper research of less than stellar pitching yielded something but I understand in advance that nobody wants hold as a category. There are so few relievers to be competitive in that category without sacrificing something major. Ill hang up and take my answer off the air. 

nomaaa, huge, and i are in an nl only league that uses holds.  it should be mentioned, it's a 10x10 so it uses everything not nailed down.  holds are fine, but in my opinion - holds aren't that hard to find, or that fun to get.  a single game can have 2-3 holds in it.  there are a group of guys that get a ton of holds, and those guys are plenty valuable even without the category because of their multi-inning outings, high k's, and potential for wins.  it just doesn't make things more fun in my opinion.

in the age-old wins vs qs debate, i have cited that i enjoy wins because of the randomness and luck involved sometimes (in both rooting for, and against wins).  just like fantasy football when a random 3rd down back vultures a td, i think there should be some unpredictability to fantasy baseball.