2019 Tampa Bay Rays Thread

Fawesome

11 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

please stop.

look at capt cool over here.  i dont give two shits, but its a valid argument since wins/qs seems to be debated every year to add both.  also if we are adding an extra of spot, why not add an extra offensive category as well to make it 6x6?  caught stealing, babip and xbh aside, there are probably a couple categories to choose from.  just an idea, not trying to change the fabric of the game over here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NOMAAA said:

look at capt cool over here.  i dont give two shits, but its a valid argument since wins/qs seems to be debated every year to add both.  also if we are adding an extra of spot, why not add an extra offensive category as well to make it 6x6?  caught stealing, babip and xbh aside, there are probably a couple categories to choose from.  just an idea, not trying to change the fabric of the game over here.

wins/quality starts was an either/or thing.  no reason to do both or expand from 6x6.

my response was based on your yearly suggestions to add random stats like caught stealing or babip.

not in my house!

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

i know what you're saying, but with the invention of the "opener", quality starts might be a thing of the past as well.

oh i've never thought quality starts was a great stat or anything.  it just does a better job of measuring a starting pitcher's effectiveness than w/l.

oh i've never thought quality starts was a great stat or anything.  it just does a better job of measuring a starting pitcher's effectiveness than w/l.

I think it would be great to be able to adjust/customize what a quality start is in our league. Obviously, that would need a fully customizable stat tool.

I would still prefer QS if it opened up the category at 5 IP. QS is better than Wins, but QS is quickly fading due to usage.