2019 Tampa Bay Rays Thread

Fawesome

20 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

not worried about my offense.

Maybe you should check out what my offense did to Derka last week.  As soon as Mondesi comes back to shore up steals, watch the fuck out...

But if we're being honest, I'm more worried about your team than any other in the league.

6 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

Maybe you should check out what my offense did to Derka last week.  As soon as Mondesi comes back to shore up steals, watch the fuck out...

But if we're being honest, I'm more worried about your team than any other in the league.

i would've gone 7-5 vs you (although i likely would've streamed an additional starter to overtake your narrow victory in k's).  and my team couldn't hit for shit.  it took half the week to get over the mendoza line.

that's why they play the games.

8 hours ago, Planet Houston said:

yeah no shit. everyone has been donating to the "lets all make sure that HG is the first three-time winner of the league fund" with their retarded ass trades with him. his team is stacked. 

you see what i'm saying?

0168289cb9ea97ffbbad43c90a0e76fb.jpg

every fucking week with this shit. every goddamn time i go to see what my opponent is doing it's that shit.

how can my entire lineup all be top 5 at their position the majority of the year only for me to lose 4-5 offensive categories every week? christ this is a beating. i usually have fun in this league even when i dint do well, but this shit and my injury crisis are wearing me thin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

July 2, 2019

Hello fantasy players! Today we’ve released our first batch of updates to make detailed league histories accessible on the new website. 

For those of you who have played in ESPN Fantasy Baseball leagues for longer than one season you will notice the following improvements:

• Complete league standings for every season of your league, accessible via dropdown on  the Standings page
  • Complete matchup results history for every season, accessible via dropdown on the Scoreboard page
  • Playoff bracket information for every season, accessible via dropdown on the Playoff Bracket page

This is the first of several planned League History releases. We are actively working to make historical draft results, team rosters, and player stats information available as soon as possible, as well as other improvements.

On the heels of Shohei Ohtani's success, another two-way star has been added to the mix in Rays Pitcher/1B Brendan McKay. McKay will serve as one player with the ability to be started as either a pitcher or a hitter. He will only accrue stats for the role that you choose, meaning that on days where you have him activated as a starting pitcher, he’ll only receive credit for his pitching statistics and on days where you have him activated as a 1B/utility, he’ll only receive credit for his hitting statistics. 

This release also fixed a variety of bugs to improve gameplay and performance.

We are listening to your feature requests and feedback! As always, please reach out to us via the tools provided at the bottom of the page to send us your thoughts. Any and all feedback is appreciated.

Thank you for playing ESPN Fantasy Baseball and we hope you enjoy the latest updates!

announcement: i currently have a grand total of four, count em, four SP. I also have five offensive guys who are either on my bench or injured (Rosario is rumored to be back tomorrow). bottom line is this- i need to make a deal and i intend to make it happen soon. i'm looking for one (or more!) SP in exchange for some of my offensive talent. and just a reminder, the list includes:

Realmuto

Freeman

Moose

Jose

Xander

Vladdy

Rosario

Ozuna

Robles

Seager

Khris "I go crazy and hit 25-30 bombs after the ASG every year" Davis (also currently hitting well below .247, so, you know...)

and Nick "how is he so good every year, what is he like 40?" Markakis

they're all available. i also have three closers, and they're available as well. every trade i've made this year has benefited my trade partner, my team is out of playoff contention, and i'm itching to make a move. the only question is- will you take advantage?

Edited by Goo Punch

11 hours ago, NOMAAA said:

Nice match inverted swingers. Kenley kept me out of the playoffs I think. 

Would've grabbed that K category all to myself if I hadn't picked up a pitcher that was supposed to start on Sunday but then got traded before I realized it. He probably woulda jacked up my ERA though so maybe it was a wash. 

We were pretty dead ass tied on every category until your team decided to mash it up on Sunday. 

Edited by NorthLoop

On 7/14/2019 at 9:15 PM, huge said:

Derka you were the recipient of some good breaks today.

wouldn't know, i am drink and at the beach. at least one of you mofos needs to take advantage of me i. this trade business. i'm super susceptible right now. please send offers that give me a SP. 

also, if you see a latona lady covered in tattoos, mike those homies smile now cry layers tattoos, and she has a herringbone gold chain on, that shit is mine and i want it back. also she sucks at tattoos so don't get one from jerD 

11 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

wouldn't know, i am drink and at the beach. at least one of you mofos needs to take advantage of me i. this trade business. i'm super susceptible right now. please send offers that give me a SP. 

also, if you see a latona lady covered in tattoos, mike those homies smile now cry layers tattoos, and she has a herringbone gold chain on, that shit is mine and i want it back. also she sucks at tattoos so don't get one from jerD 

Lol awesome.

I got screwed by the app tonight. Tried to sub in Woodruff well before his start tonight, and it said something like “roster move can only be made for future game” or some shit like that. Didn’t have a chance to get in front of a desktop, though I suppose I could have gone through the browser on my iPhone. Oh well, Baseball Person blows. He probably traded some great players to HG. 

this has to be a league first- i've had three different players go on the paternity list in the last three weeks. Jose Ramirez, JT Realmuto, and now Raisel Iglesias. These guys need to start knocking these chicks up right before spring training so we can avoid this going forward. 

Edited by Goo Punch

that's week one of the playoffs - the wildcard round.  it has to be set manually because of the format we use.

the top 2 teams in each division make the playoffs as the 1-4 seeds, then the next two best records regardless of division become 5/6.

that week, 3 plays 6 and 4 plays 5 (and 1/2 get byes).  fawesome will (presumably) set them when we get there.  including the week starting today, i believe we have 4 weeks left in the regular season. 

• Like 1