2019 Tampa Bay Rays Thread

Fawesome

one week to go, lots of storylines to follow in a matchup that has been right around even since friday's goldschmidt slam.

i think 10-11 categories are still up for grabs (fucking whip).

-will the astros' 2 days off hurt ph?

-will mookie ever come back?

-will acquisitions or sp limits come into play? (both are about even right now)

my bold prediction - whomever wins steals will win this matchup...currently ph is leading 5-4.

ok, so i have an issue.

it looks like mookie is out for at least the rest of this week (yay!) and the system is not letting me drop him (he's too high a pick, and not on the ir technically)

i am trying to drop mookie and pick up mercado from cleveland.  i'm putting it here so it's timestamped and on the record.

hopefully @Fawesome can make it happen.

@Planet Houston cc'ing you on this, just so you're in the loop.

Just now, Planet Houston said:

No issues here, thanks for the heads up.  Hope you can get it resolved, that's stupid.  I'll run into the same issue if I want to drop deGrom or Kershaw after their next starts - I'll obviously have no use for them, but they're "un-droppable" right now.

yeah, this is the first season i've seen such issues with the combination of ir and sept call-ups.

both hiura and buxton technically came off their team's ir, but remained dtd and didn't ever get back into their lineups (still haven't).  but i was forced to drop them to make moves, since i could no longer stash them on the ir, and they weren't actually playing yet.

annoying.

just found this thru an exhaustive 45 second google session:

If you'd like to turn it off for any reason, the League Manager can do so by doing the following:

Turn off Undroppable Players List for League Manager leagues (Web Only)

Click on the "LM Tools" tab

Click on "Edit League Settings"

Click on "edit" next to "Player Rules" before selecting "No" next to "Observe ESPN's Undroppable Player List"

Here’s a question - my team shows all of my pitchers in red with “MAX” written across them. I realize I have maxed out my starters, but since they are all relievers, their stats will count once the program verifies they didn’t start, right?

Not 100% sure but I think that’s correct.

On 7/1/2019 at 3:00 PM, Planet Houston said:

But if we're being honest, I'm more worried about your team than any other in the league.

@henrygandorf this post from July 1 stayed true to the very last day of the season. Great run. Really tough break with Yelich’s injury - it certainly could have decided the championship. 

I found it somewhat poetic that I won on the day I wore my trucker hat to MMP for the first time. 

We have a lot more fun baseball in front of us...

2 hours ago, Planet Houston said:

@henrygandorf this post from July 1 stayed true to the very last day of the season. Great run. Really tough break with Yelich’s injury - it certainly could have decided the championship. 

and mookie.  sigh.

too much pitching, and playing against yordan/bregs/brantley is the definition of cruel and unusual, especially when we're fighting for homefield.  glad it's over, well played and well managed.

i have no idea what the breakdown is, but someone can pm me for my venmo (i haven't paid entry fee i don't think, so deduct $100).

until next year, when tommy edman and i will have our revenge.

ufc 206 GIF

• Like 1

Congrats to PH on winning the 2019 regular season and playoff championship. Hell of a run. 

Payout Info:

$150 - Regular Season Champ (best overall record) - PH 

$550 - League Champion - PH

$300 - 2nd place - HG

$200 - 3rd place - Fawesome

Since no one has paid, each winner should subtract $100 from their total winnings. Here is the breakdown of who should send who money:

PH = $600 ( NL, beer, huge, UTPhil, BigO, Capt)

HG = $200 (Derka and Nomaa)

Fawesome = $100 (hitby)

PM the winners for their PayPal or Venmo links. I don't know if they want their shit on blast here. 

2 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

It’s Monday and I don’t have a fantasy baseball team to run. What the fuck am I supposed to do?!?

i've clicked on my bookmark twice already today.

time to delete it i guess.

in the past years, i at least used it as a good scoretracker for my desktop.  but it sucks now, so it gone.

Just now, henrygandorf said:

i've clicked on my bookmark twice already today.

time to delete it i guess.

in the past years, i at least used it as a good scoretracker for my desktop.  but it sucks now, so it gone.

i think thats my biggest complaint this year. the tracker was god awful. 

On 9/8/2019 at 10:28 PM, Goo Punch said:

sorry, i can't hear you, i have a championship in each ear. 

Hey - now I can’t hear either! 

And yeah - I want that motherfucking trophy, complete with all prior champions. Derka, was it you that was going to look into getting it? 

If worse comes to worse, I’ll do it myself and y’all can jointly pick up my entry fee next year. 

Hey - now I can’t hear either! 
And yeah - I want that motherfucking trophy, complete with all prior champions. Derka, was it you that was going to look into getting it? 
If worse comes to worse, I’ll do it myself and y’all can jointly pick up my entry fee next year. 

The company I had the mock up design drafted isn’t around.

I’ll get something new designed