2019 Tampa Bay Rays Thread

Fawesome

I am no longer commissioner. however, the "push trades through" case was clearly overruled by most people. i had no idea yall waited to the exact minute to accept trades to account for the 24 hour period of voting. 

wish i could have helped but i am no longer involved in the decisions of this league.  

8 hours ago, Fawesome said:

I am no longer commissioner. however, the "push trades through" case was clearly overruled by most people. i had no idea yall waited to the exact minute to accept trades to account for the 24 hour period of voting. 

wish i could have helped but i am no longer involved in the decisions of this league.  

um, what?

i thought you were still the commish, but that was a one-time fuck up of the trade procedures.  there is no "pushing through" of trades (just like the last 10 years of this league).  rely on espn's timeline process.  

nobody voted to oust you.  and i hate to even ask this, but...who is the commissioner if you're not?

59 minutes ago, NOMAAA said:

A few trades have been pushed through I believe. Go back a few pages. What’s really awesome is derka and big o haven’t even checked in in a day. 

i really don't know what i have to do with any of this. i'm not aware of any trades being pushed through besides the one. And i had no idea that Fawesome is apparently no longer the commish. also if our trade had been pushed through this morning you would have had castillo in your lineup and he gave up 2 hits and 2 ER while recording zero outs today, so good for you that we went by standard operating procedure. 

just for the record- if the commish were to push the trade between myself and nomaaa through right now then there would be no problems- the trade is going to process around 8am, and pushing a trade through in a case like that is not uncommon, and simply gives each party a bit of extra time to adjust his roster while not affecting any matchups. that is not a problem at all, whereas pushing a trade through early does affect matchups. that's the only issue. 

12 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

when eddie rosario wasn't hitting 4 bombs in 24 hours he had the likes of Dee Gordon and Lorenzo Cain picking up his HR slack. What a brutal week. 

DG has the lowest HR% of anyone with as many at bats in the league.  So yeah.  You're welcome.

Let me paint a picture for you: 

-27 year old, 6 foot 1, 225 lb 2B

-played 162 games in 2016, hitting 25 HR and 28 doubles, while driving in 82 runs

-was an All Star in 2017, playing 160 games while hitting 32 HR and 35 doubles, driving in a league best 105 RBI at his position, with a .293 BA and an .843 OPS

-Was hurt throughout 2018 but still hit 20+ HR and 20+ 2B despite being traded and suffering injuries which is unusual for him

his name is Jonathan Schoop and he's for sale. I'm looking for a SP, and I have 3 closers and am willing to package a starter and a closer or any number of relievers plus Schoop for one SP. He's simply surplus to requirements for my team. Anyone who needs a 2B or who already has a 2B good enough to play UTIL come holler at me. I'll even take a lesser value player because I have no pitching and need it that bad. 

Let me paint a picture for you: 

-27 year old, 6 foot 1, 225 lb 2B

-played 162 games in 2016, hitting 25 HR and 28 doubles, while driving in 82 runs

-was an All Star in 2017, playing 160 games while hitting 32 HR and 35 doubles, driving in a league best 105 RBI at his position, with a .293 BA and an .843 OPS

-Was hurt throughout 2018 but still hit 20+ HR and 20+ 2B despite being traded and suffering injuries which is unusual for him

his name is Jonathan Schoop and he's for sale. I'm looking for a SP, and I have 3 closers and am willing to package a starter and a closer or any number of relievers plus Schoop for one SP. He's simply surplus to requirements for my team. Anyone who needs a 2B or who already has a 2B good enough to play UTIL come holler at me. Same goes for anyone who needs saves. I'll even take a lesser value player because I have no pitching and need it that bad. 

Edited by Goo Punch

henrygndorf tried to downplay the accomplishments and straight clout of my surplus second baseman. bro. i looked him dead in his eyes...and i said bbbbiiieeetttccchhhhh

The offer will still be good three weeks from now when Schoop's PR15 is above 10.0. and HG has already added two new 2B. #isaidbiiieeettccchhh

On 4/29/2019 at 9:40 PM, Goo Punch said:

henrygndorf tried to downplay the accomplishments and straight clout of my surplus second baseman. bro. i looked him dead in his eyes...and i said bbbbiiieeetttccchhhhh

The offer will still be good three weeks from now when Schoop's PR15 is above 10.0. and HG has already added two new 2B. #isaidbiiieeettccchhh

if schoop is so good and you can't get a good return, then you should keep him and try to moove moose instead.

4 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

Is 3/31 good? 

no, it most certainly is not, particularly with who all i have offensively. i had realmuto, freddie freeman. jose ramirez, vladdy jr, xander boagerts, moose, piscotty, and eddie rosario combine to go 1/26 yesterday. just...how? hope that means i'm in for a big day today