Dallas Cowboys 2019 Offseason Thread of Mediocrity

Assman

Rewatching that video, that was pretty fucking harmless. Zeke leans into him and the dude fell back that would make James Harden and the soccer players proud. Didn't extend any arms or threw a punch.

Having a simple argument with the woman. Did not put his hands on her at all.

But because it's Dallas and Zeke, this will over spun into Zeke being some violent monster. Shit was wack as fuck. 

Just a couple weeks ago local sports talk radio guys were commenting on how Zeke's kept his name out of the news for "bad character" stuff, had paid for that kids funeral and has been a model citizen since he served his suspension,  more or less.

I guess Zeke heard 'em talking.

On 5/17/2019 at 4:23 PM, Drew said:

And thus, the best, most concise reason that we can't really pretend that we've seen the best of Dak.

And for those of you bemoaning the Red Zone efficiency last season, I suggest you go read Bob Sturm's stuff on the Atlantic.  It was more to do with looks, personnel groupings, and predictable play calling that ruined them than Dak.  Other teams make it easier on the QB/Offense in the RZ, the Cowboys did the opposite.  And if you want to throw Dak's stats as proof that he sucks in the RZ, than you damn sure better throw in Zeke's lack of production in the RZ too.

Zero argument here.  If I had one it would be Garrett’s influence on the offense.  That might be enoug( to not completely harpoon Linehan.

Just now went back and watched the video and to me it looks a lot worse than those clowns on 105.3 were making it sound earlier today. He looks drunk as shit and is getting in the security guards face pushing him backwards against the railing. Even if it wasn't a very violent outburst it was very aggressive and confrontational and he's 100% at fault for being an asshole it would appear. Based on his past issues I think a two to three game suspension is going to happen

Just now went back and watched the video and to me it looks a lot worse than those clowns on 105.3 were making it sound earlier today. He looks drunk as shit and is getting in the security guards face pushing him backwards against the railing. Even if it wasn't a very violent outburst it was very aggressive and confrontational and he's 100% at fault for being an asshole it would appear. Based on his past issues I think a two to three game suspension is going to happen
Good Lord you over exaggerate everything. Like you thought the world was ending when we beat the Giants the last game and their reward ending up being Daniel Jones. This was fucking nothing. That frail ass security guard fell over some flimsy guard rail. Zeke never put his hands on anyone.

The reason they said it was nothing is because it was nothing.
  • Haha 1

I bet if some big 230 lb monster running back was in your face and shoulder checking you into a rail you would feel differently about it. Or if he was doing that same exact thing to your wife. You would definitely think it was aggressive and confrontational then. You don't have to punch somebody or slam somebody to the ground to be violently aggressive with someone. He's going to get at least two games and he deserves it. He's consistently fucking up something. 

and winning that last game was still stupid as fuck no matter what the Giants did with the pick. Which is still an unknown because nobody knows what any of these quarterbacks will be until they actually step on the field. besides, the biggest issue I had with that game was not resting a defense that was completely worn out from just putting together that winning streak to make the playoffs. I'm sure the mediocre run-blocking Rams offensive line was very appreciative of Garrett stupidity when they were throwing our defense around like fucking rag dolls because they were spent. 

Edited by Junior Miller

9 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

Also I don't think the security guard was flopping. I think he was backing up as he was being shoulder checked and he tripped over the railing that he was being pushed into

The continued bitchassedness of your posts is quite alarming.   I think you need to get checked for a tumor, not sure if this level of full regard is normal 

• Like 3

Maybe mouth breathing (good running back) shouldn’t have girlfriends? Clearly he gets aggressive with girls. Also wearing a Lebron Lakers jersey doesn’t help. His girl could wear pants also. To be fair this isn’t the first time the Ewok has been this way with women folk

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Maybe mouth breathing (good running back) shouldn’t have girlfriends? Clearly he gets aggressive with girls. Also wearing a Lebron Lakers jersey doesn’t help. His girl could wear pants also. To be fair this isn’t the first time the Ewok has been this way with women folk

You sound delightful 

2 minutes ago, TornACL said:

He looks drunk as shit, but I don't see the "aggressive" part. He looks like he's got the wobbles. He was either drunk as hell or high as shit. Wandering around aimlessly like a motherfucker. 

Does Junior Miller = Drew ?

That’s an insult to Drew. I would imagine

The shitty thing is, if he didn’t already have history with the league, this gets swept under the rug like it’s no problem. Would it really shock anyone in here if he ended up with a 2 game suspension because the league doesn’t know what the fuck it’s doing. Then, instead of just accepting the punishment at the beginning of the year where we would probably still go 1-1 at the very worst without him, we appeal until the meat of our schedule and go 0-2 instead. For a guy that has a ton of leverage if he ever wanted to hold out, if he gets suspended again it’s time to start calling him a fucking idiot. Get this guy a fucking Dez Bryant babysitter or something. 

Running backs burn out fast, and running backs who abuse themselves with drugs, booze, and tons of partying burn out even faster. He's only about to turn 24 this summer but I'm thinking he has maybe 3 to 4 more seasons at most of being a top 5 RB. Wouldn't sign him. Trade him or let him walk and get the comp pick. 

55 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

The shitty thing is, if he didn’t already have history with the league, this gets swept under the rug like it’s no problem. Would it really shock anyone in here if he ended up with a 2 game suspension because the league doesn’t know what the fuck it’s doing. Then, instead of just accepting the punishment at the beginning of the year where we would probably still go 1-1 at the very worst without him, we appeal until the meat of our schedule and go 0-2 instead. For a guy that has a ton of leverage if he ever wanted to hold out, if he gets suspended again it’s time to start calling him a fucking idiot. Get this guy a fucking Dez Bryant babysitter or something. 

Let's face it..... He's a fucking idiot and seems to have some drinking/substance abuse issues (A lot of stories about his epic partying in college).  I'm not gonna crush 20 year olds who want to party but he seems to make a lot of bad decisions around females when he does.  Probably needs to lay off the sauce if he's gonna be around the fairer sex as he already knows he's under a microscope around these type of situations.  I wouldn't extend him beyond a franchise tag year but Jerrah probably will.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

I bet if some big 230 lb monster running back was in your face and shoulder checking you into a rail you would feel differently about it. Or if he was doing that same exact thing to your wife. You would definitely think it was aggressive and confrontational then. You don't have to punch somebody or slam somebody to the ground to be violently aggressive with someone. He's going to get at least two games and he deserves it. He's consistently fucking up something. 

and winning that last game was still stupid as fuck no matter what the Giants did with the pick. Which is still an unknown because nobody knows what any of these quarterbacks will be until they actually step on the field. besides, the biggest issue I had with that game was not resting a defense that was completely worn out from just putting together that winning streak to make the playoffs. I'm sure the mediocre run-blocking Rams offensive line was very appreciative of Garrett stupidity when they were throwing our defense around like fucking rag dolls because they were spent. 

Running at you? Lulz. Being dramatic as usual. Did you even watch the video? Zeke didn't run at anyone. He got in his face and leaned into him and then the frail ass security guard fell over some weak ass gate that made noise. You could tell Zeke was drunk and was not keeping his balance like normal. That had a big part of why he leaned into the guard. Did that sequence scare you and think Zeke is some big bad monster? No one is denying he was drunk in public but this wasn't some huge deal. Hence why nothing happened after he was detained. Hell a Cowboys player pulled out a rifle in public over a parking spot and that shit didn't even make the waves that this did. But he was a no name player and this is Zeke. Everything that happens to him is usually overblown into something much bigger.

34 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Running at you? Lulz. Being dramatic as usual. Did you even watch the video? Zeke didn't run at anyone. He got in his face and leaned into him and then the frail ass security guard fell over some weak ass gate that made noise. You could tell Zeke was drunk and was not keeping his balance like normal. That had a big part of why he leaned into the guard. Did that sequence scare you and think Zeke is some big bad monster? No one is denying he was drunk in public but this wasn't some huge deal. Hence why nothing happened after he was detained. Hell a Cowboys player pulled out a rifle in public over a parking spot and that shit didn't even make the waves that this did. But he was a no name player and this is Zeke. Everything that happens to him is usually overblown into something much bigger.

I have zero idea how you could read what I wrote and see "running at you". I'm no psychiatrist but I feel like you might be a fucking retard. 

7 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

The continued bitchassedness of your posts is quite alarming.   I think you need to get checked for a tumor, not sure if this level of full regard is normal 

I'm flattered I'm inside your head so much that you like to constantly ride my nuts, but I have to admit I can't think of a single thing you've ever posted that wasn't about me. Nothing stands out at all. You're boring and uninteresting as can be. 

Take a glimpse into the cowboys future of paying elite QB money to a journeyman level QB who needs elite talent around him. 

"Welcome to the Quarterback Trap, Minnesota Vikings! You walked right into it last year when you signed Kirk Cousins to a fully guaranteed three-year, $84 million deal. Now you might have to gnaw off your tight end in a flailing effort to escape.

The Quarterback Trap is part Catch-22, part carnivorous plant, part kindergarten finger puzzle. Its mechanisms are simple. NFL teams cannot maintain success without excellent quarterback play. But excellent quarterback play is usually so expensive that it prevents NFL teams from maintaining success.

So far, teams have discovered only two reliable escape routes from the Quarterback Trap:

• Win before your quarterback becomes expensive, ideally while he's still under his rookie contract.
  • Employ Tom Brady.

2019 is the last chance to steal a title. I'd be sending one year make good offers to Suh, Gerald McCoy, and Eric Berry to go all in because once Dak gets paid contending is over. Good luck. 

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2837179-minnesota-vikings-are-desperate-to-escape-the-nfls-worst-quarterback-trap.amp.html

15 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

Take a glimpse into the cowboys future of paying elite QB money to a journeyman level QB who needs elite talent around him. 

"Welcome to the Quarterback Trap, Minnesota Vikings! You walked right into it last year when you signed Kirk Cousins to a fully guaranteed three-year, $84 million deal. Now you might have to gnaw off your tight end in a flailing effort to escape.

The Quarterback Trap is part Catch-22, part carnivorous plant, part kindergarten finger puzzle. Its mechanisms are simple. NFL teams cannot maintain success without excellent quarterback play. But excellent quarterback play is usually so expensive that it prevents NFL teams from maintaining success.

So far, teams have discovered only two reliable escape routes from the Quarterback Trap:

• Win before your quarterback becomes expensive, ideally while he's still under his rookie contract.
  • Employ Tom Brady.

2019 is the last chance to steal a title. I'd be sending one year make good offers to Suh, Gerald McCoy, and Eric Berry to go all in because once Dak gets paid contending is over. Good luck. 

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2837179-minnesota-vikings-are-desperate-to-escape-the-nfls-worst-quarterback-trap.amp.html

A bit of a reach bruh. Cousins has never been the guy to get his team a win when they need it. He's worse than Dak in the redzone. Not to mention, his documented difficulty in beating winning teams. He's never won shit, and he probably never will. That's just who he is. 

In 7 years, he's only had 9 4th quarter comebacks, that includes last year with one (a tie with GB). He's also only led 12 game winning drives in 7 years. Last year, he had a great defense and exceptional receiving group, and couldn't even make the playoffs in a year that GB sucked ass. 

Dak has 8 4th quarter comebacks and 14 game winning drives........in three years.. He has proven he can compete at a high level when the game's on the line. 

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Machinator said:

Great news, looks like all the Boys are getting back to form. Frederick is back to controlling things in the middle, Zeke is back to pending disciplinary results, and Dak is lobbing ducks downfield. 

• Haha 1

I find it kind of funny that literally everyone is picking the eagles to win this division, even though Carson Wentz is like 1-4 against Dallas for his career (the one being a zeke suspension game. I get that they have the advantage at HC, and QB if you can guarantee that wentz is healthy, but top to bottom I feel like our roster shits on theirs. This team rarely handles expectations well, so hopefully this eagles love continues and we can fly under the radar as much as a division champion cowboys team possibly can.

Eagles are weird team, they seemed to actually respond and play better with Foles even though he's not nearly the talent that Wentz is.  May just be a coincidental thing as expectations deflate when Wentz isn't playing or a little more veteran presence calmed them.  They've lost some locker room presence but they're still an extremely talented team.  They probably have better offensive weapons than we do and their OL if Peters can play a decent level is still pretty good.  Should be a battle whenever we play.  Key is to sweep the Gmen and Washington for the division IMO.  3-1 is tolerable but we're definitely more talented than those teams.

9 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I find it kind of funny that literally everyone is picking the eagles to win this division, even though Carson Wentz is like 1-4 against Dallas for his career (the one being a zeke suspension game. I get that they have the advantage at HC, and QB if you can guarantee that wentz is healthy, but top to bottom I feel like our roster shits on theirs. This team rarely handles expectations well, so hopefully this eagles love continues and we can fly under the radar as much as a division champion cowboys team possibly can.

Read some opinions on here and elsewhere about Wentz and you'd think he's already in the hall of fame and one of the best QBs ever. Dude isn't even the best QB in his division. Dak has owned him in every game they played except one. Has not even taken a snap in a playoff game. And both times he goes out, his team goes on a big run and plays better.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2019 at 8:30 AM, youdunnf'dup said:

The fecals have dominated the offseason championship for over a decade.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2019 at 8:30 AM, youdunnf'dup said:

Wentz is really white and looks the part of an NFL QB, so of course everyone loads up on optimism in the offseason. 

Does anyone else think if a couple of prominent white players came out in support of using weed instead of opiates the NFL rule would be changed? 

See, the problem is the white players that use it like Chris Long aren't complete idiots like Randy Gregory and David Irving. They know they only get tested once a year and it's in the off-season so they just stop smoking a couple months before. If you're only using it as medicine for the physical grind of the season you shouldn't need it in the off-season anyway. 

I hope the NFL keeps the ban on it. It weeds out the complete fucking morons like Gregory, Irving and Josh Gordon. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1