Celebrity Big Brother

BigDHornfan

Celebrity BB is quite different than actual BB, the link may give the specifics, but last year’s (the first ever U.S.  Celebrity edition) was only about two to three weeks, and nowhere near the real thing. However, it was still pretty entertaining, these D-list scrubs keep popping up on these shows because they know how to bring it on reality shows. 

As far as real BB seasons to check out, the most recent was one of the best ever. And I think Season 2 is one of the greatest reality seasons of any show.

(Edited to add the U.S. clarifier on the Celebrity BB comment. Great Britain does celebrity editions all the time, and it’s always a train wreck and quite popular.)

Edited by Vito Andolini

Caitlyn Jenner and Bobby Moynihan were supposed to be in the house, but something happened. 

Well shit, this is essentially the story I heard last week, and they got most of the cast wrong. 

https://www.newsweek.com/caitlyn-jenner-bobby-moynihan-rumored-have-quit-celebrity-big-brother-over-1285568

Lohan, Jenner and Moynihan’s names are found alongside Sean Spicer, Aubrey O’Day, Calvin Johnson, Carson Kressley, Jonathan Bennett, Stephen Baldwin, Tiffany Pollard and Tonya Harding on the unconfirmed list.

This link from EW has a list, and Dalton Ross is usually on top of this pop culture crap.

https://ew.com/tv/celebrity-big-brother-cast-scaramucci/

Joey Lawrence, Dina Lohan, and Anthony Scaramucci are a few of the faces that will be starring in season 2 of Big Brother: Celebrity Edition when it premeires Jan. 21 on CBS. 

Edited by Vito Andolini

18 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

Celebrity BB is quite different than actual BB, the link may give the specifics, but last year’s (the first ever U.S.  Celebrity edition) was only about two to three weeks, and nowhere near the real thing. However, it was still pretty entertaining, these D-list scrubs keep popping up on these shows because they know how to bring it on reality shows. 

As far as real BB seasons to check out, the most recent was one of the best ever. And I think Season 2 is one of the greatest reality seasons of any show.

(Edited to add the U.S. clarifier on the Celebrity BB comment. Great Britain does celebrity editions all the time, and it’s always a train wreck and quite popular.)

This. 

I did enjoy the Celebrity addition as they all can't keep up their guard for the entire length of their stay and you get some "real" moments that you don't get elsewhere. 

21 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

I’ve never watched BB but I enjoy shows like Survivor, The Amazing Race and The Challenge. Should I watch this and, if so, is there a season that’s considered the gold standard?

BB16, BB20, BB13 are good ones to start with.  In that order.

Rooting for Ricky, but either Lolo or Jonathan Bennett is gonna win.

3 hours ago, UTPhil2006 said:

BB16, BB20, BB13 are good ones to start with.  In that order.

Rooting for Ricky, but either Lolo or Jonathan Bennett is gonna win.

Lolo has no shot at winning she will have a break down and be out of the house in the first 3 votes. Guaranteed. 

5 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

I haven’t seen Lolo on reality TV before, other than her drama at the Olympics. I look forward to the shitshow. 

I don't want to make light of it but she has some real trust, emotional, and self confidence issues that are a detriment to her allowing people to get close to her. It was pretty obvious on the MTV show champs vs. stars that she thinks everyone hates her and it snowballs from there. 

55 minutes ago, Scraps said:

No way he wins, but I want Tom Green to stick around as long as possible 

1000% agree. 

I also didn't realize they were going to have so many more "celebs" than last season. Love it. I feel bad for Joey Lawrence as he still seems to be haunted by his stint on blossom and his catch phrase that he clearly hates but is what made him famous that must be a really difficult juggling act. 

I loved the twist but would be pissed. I hope they don't use that in the normal show as it will encourage more contestants to become floaters. 

Complete snoozefest, no drama at all other than Not Toni Braxton snd the Atlanta Real Housewife, and that’s not much. I don’t even need fireworks, interesting people would work too, but I’m not seeing it, other than a few exceptions.

Bennett is playing the Ross Mathews non-threatening (on the surface) witty guy well, Ryan Lochte is reliably stupid, and Joey Lawrence may be almost as dumb. Kato seems like a nice guy. Tom Green is ok, but fuck, how many times is he going to go for the One Ball joke?

And I suspected his introspective nature wouldn’t play well on TV, and Ricky might as well be wallpaper. I checked out some of the BBAD on Pop, and he spent his time playing chess with Atlanta and then putting Vaseline on his ankles. Most of the houseguests were down in the kitchen interacting (they understand they are on a TV show/playing a game). Of course, there is also Lochte, swimming. And swimming some more. Even Lohan isn’t the boozy old hag you wish for on Reality TV. 

The Mooch ain’t Omarosa.

I’m betting the producers have the boy band/actor from last year in the wings (I’m not just being an asshole, I swear I don’t remember his name, but he was great on the show) and ready to come in to shake things up if needed. Maybe even last year’s Boozy Old Hag, Eddie Cibrian’s ex. 

(For the above poster who asked whether this would be a good indicator of what Big Brother is, hellllllll no.)

Good stuf, BigD.

Spoiler

Reading one Twitter feed, there’s some possibilitiy The Mooch wasn’t actually playing the game, but was a “plant” by CBS in the house?... at least that’s what some of the houseguests think. 

Since he’s gone, Real Housewife Atlanta is now on the block, and it seems there’s been more drama between her and Braxton recently.

Lolol. The Celebrity version is just a trainwreck. The endurance comps have little endurance involved so they dont injure them. I'd be surprised if it lasts beyond this season. It has nothing on even the worst regular BB seasons with Paul.

Not sure how much I'll pay attention to this. We had it on last night during supper and not sure if I entertained the thought of rewinding it to see of I missed anything. BB just teases me that it should be summer out. And its fucking below zero out.

2 hours ago, Lat22 said:

Ricky doesn’t seem to be blending in at all. All of his on screen “confessionals” are scripted. Also, I can’t stand all of that jibber jabber coming out of the pie hole of the Braxton broad. 

She is 100% poster child for my annoyance with social media. She's not a celebrity she just has a famous sister and used the family name to remain somewhat relevant as a D list person most people don't know. 

That of course doesn't stop her from taking on the entitled attitude that she is someone that is Uber famous and everyone should know and respect. 

7 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

Good stuf, BigD.

Hide contents

Reading one Twitter feed, there’s some possibilitiy The Mooch wasn’t actually playing the game, but was a “plant” by CBS in the house?... at least that’s what some of the houseguests think. 

Since he’s gone, Real Housewife Atlanta is now on the block, and it seems there’s been more drama between her and Braxton recently.

What do you mean by this?   What would be the purpose of this?  

18 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

What do you mean by this?   What would be the purpose of this?  

I have no idea, it’s apparently what Tom Green and others were claiming on the feeds. I guess we have to watch to find out. Some of the spoiler sites may have more, I’ve had to work today (the Man is keeping me down).

A lot going on, but I think the headline is Kato Kaelin just told Ricky Williams he has thrown a football 70 yards. 

Oh yeah, things that have aired: The Mooch was indeed a plant, and left the game, Jonathan Bennett learned having an alliance ain’t worth shit and was evicted. And they had a brutal, appropriate for real Big Brother HOH endurance comp (hang on a wall that tilts while vile shit is poured on you), and it was won by...

Spoiler

Kato

Also, Ricky is proving to be a pretty sneaky shit stirrer, so that’s good for game play. He seems to be somewhat aligned with the women in the house, yet gets along with Tom Green and Kato, a surprise power coupling. Tom’s decision to target Bennett was very smart gameplay, as they eliminate a super fan.

Edited by Vito Andolini

I don't think Mooch was a plant, I think that was the nonsense they came up with when he wanted to leave.  That or my other theory is he was a very late addition (after Tiffany P and Jenner made their demands) and said he could only do a certain amount of time so they hatched that idea.  But more than likely he wanted out so they made him film that cheesy veto deal.