The way too early 2019 LSU at Texas game discussion

4th and 5

13 minutes ago, cj2002 said:

Your article is behind a paywall. But the comment you're replying to is stating that OU doesn't have Texas' secondary (and thus they would be a preferable opponent for LSU when compared with Texas). Not that LSU doesn't have a good secondary.

Edited by TommyGufano
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

just what fucking planet are you on thinking that we’re not going to show up?

i can guarantee that we WANT to be there, and we’re going to show the fuck up with our best effort. we’re a veteran squad with sr and jr leadership all over our lineup on both sides of the ball. they know what’s up.

you have our full attention. we’re coming with our hair on fire and motivated...best believe that.

if your hopes lie in us taking you or this game lightly, that we can show up and smile and get it done, you’d do well to dash those hopes immediately.

You say this, yet Chaisson keeps talking about the shit 12 and how much better LSU is, etc. Dude is about to get his mouth shut for him. Maybe someone should take away his social media. You don't speak for the team, bud. They think they're walking out with a 'W', but their sorry ass offense and overrated defense is about to find out this is just another week in the "Shit 12" for us. I saw parts of y'alls game, and y'all were at the time I watched struggling to run the ball. 

Did you miss the part where your great DB's allowed Hardy 10 catches for 181 yds and 1-2 TD's, while our frosh DB didn't allow him a catch until midway in the 3rd? I get you're hyped for this game, but the team absolutely has this Georgia mindset that they're walking out with a win. They're not. 

yeah...god forbid we don’t just fold up and go home.

i mean, the audacity of us to be confident and think we’re going to win.

you’re right, Frankie...we suck. just awful. how dare we not be intimidated and just go ahead bow down to the burnt orange.

fucking Frankie...stay your ass in Nova Scotia and stick to the weather.

giphy.gif

fucking Frankie...

• Like 1

LSU is going to beat Texas pretty convincingly. While you shouldn't let this game get you down on the rest of your season you're definitely wearing orange tinted glasses if you think Texas is going to win this. 

Texas is green, good but green and it will show.

The first half will be fairly competitive but by the end of the 3rd Quarter the calls to fire Herman will be deafening. 

Don't worry, by the time you lose to OU you'll be over this loss.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 43

2 minutes ago, BlueFalcon said:

LSU is going to beat Texas pretty convincingly. While you shouldn't let this game get you down on the rest of your season you're definitely wearing orange tinted glasses if you think Texas is going to win this. 

The first half will be fairly competitive but by the end of the 3rd Quarter the calls to fire Herman will be deafening. 

😂😂😂😂😂😂 Shocked another aggy sock would come to suck off another big brother on their eldest brother's site. 

And just joined 14 mins ago 

Edited by Spider2YBanana
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, BlueFalcon said:

EXO4JF.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

yeah...god forbid we don’t just fold up and go home.

i mean, the audacity of us to be confident and think we’re going to win.

you’re right, Frankie...we suck. just awful. how dare we not be intimidated and just go ahead bow down to the burnt orange.

fucking Frankie...stay your ass in Nova Scotia and stick to the weather.

giphy.gif

fucking Frankie...

If we can’t use the word “cocky” to describe a player saying a guy that threw for 3300/25/5 last year isn’t a threat with his arm, can we use the words “fucking idiot”?

please advise...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Expect LSU to go after Kobe Boyce early and often. His coverage skills are trash and will give up multiple big plays if allowed to stay in the game. Looks like Blake Gideon out there

Blake Gideon thinks that's an insult to Blake Gideon.

spacer.png

Edited by Voluminous Banality
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

I was at that game, LSU basically overlooked Troy - who played the most inspired 1st half of football that I've ever seen.

I dont see the Tigers overlooking the horns in the same manner.

It's not an indictment on their talent, but more their coach. Herman > Ogre and it's not even close. LSU should have sleep walked through that game, but Ogre being Ogre. 

I do agree that Troy played inspired, but Ogre isn't Chuckles (thanks, CTJ), and at the very least should have won by a td. 

I mean, we lost to Kansas. But we fired that regard. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana

18 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Expect LSU to go after Kobe Boyce early and often. His coverage skills are trash and will give up multiple big plays if allowed to stay in the game. Looks like Blake Gideon out there

He’s a liability. He was last year too. I mean his celebration and total lack of awareness is just unacceptable

It's not an indictment on their talent, but more their coach. Herman > Ogre and it's not even close. LSU should have sleep walked through that game, but Ogre being Ogre. 

I do agree that Troy played inspired, but Ogre isn't Chuckles (thanks, CTJ), and at the very least should have won by a td. 

Not even close. . .go on, elaborate, please.

5 minutes ago, TexasCPA said:

I tried to read tigerdroppings but after seeing “frick” for the 3rd time, I couldn’t do it anymore. 

Texas replaces 3 starting o linemen and 3 d linemen

Spoiler

Idiots first:

We're winning this game because our d line is going to absolutely dominate their o line, and our o line will dominate with Charles back at lt.

If you guys miss the days of LSU completely dominating their opponent in the trenches, guess what. They're fricking back.

---------------------

Their weak spot is the left side of the O Line. Chassion plays on the left side iconpopcorn.gif

---------------------

quote:
Their weak spot is the left side of the O Line

The have to replace their starting LT and both guards, but hey they got a transfer in at LG from powerhouse program Georgia Tech Iconrotflmao.gif

---------------------

This one has something of a clue:

Our weak spot is also the left side of our O line. I actually think we may dominate but completely disagree that it will be in the trenches. UT has a couple of very good nose tackles, Sweat and number 99, and one or two good linebackers. UT O line looks pretty solid as well. I think UT's weakness is in the secondary and they play alot of soft zone on first and second downs, which is exactly what Ga Southern did and look how that turned out. Watch and see if Emery doesn't catch a few and break them off for huge yardage.

Most posting on that thread know nothing of Texas and little more than the name of Chaisson or how he will be used. Chaisson will line up and stunt from different points of attack. To be fair, we have our share of oblivious chest thumping bloviators in our fan base.

Just now, sith_horn said:

Hide contents

Idiots first:

We're winning this game because our d line is going to absolutely dominate their o line, and our o line will dominate with Charles back at lt.

If you guys miss the days of LSU completely dominating their opponent in the trenches, guess what. They're fricking back.

---------------------

Their weak spot is the left side of the O Line. Chassion plays on the left side iconpopcorn.gif

---------------------

quote:
Their weak spot is the left side of the O Line

The have to replace their starting LT and both guards, but hey they got a transfer in at LG from powerhouse program Georgia Tech Iconrotflmao.gif

---------------------

Our weak spot is also the left side of our O line. I actually think we may dominate but completely disagree that it will be in the trenches. UT has a couple of very good nose tackles, Sweat and number 99, and one or two good linebackers. UT O line looks pretty solid as well. I think UT's weakness is in the secondary and they play alot of soft zone on first and second downs, which is exactly what Ga Southern did and look how that turned out. Watch and see if Emery doesn't catch a few and break them off for huge yardage.

Most posting on that thread know nothing of Texas and little more than the name of Chaisson or how he will be used. Chaisson will line up and stunt from different points of attack. To be fair, we have our share of oblivious chest thumping bloviators in our fan base.

“The weak spot is the left side of their OL.” 

source.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Of course, because that’s just good manners. Not sure the same etiquette applies when the short-busers from Louisiana come to towns.

Fair enough. You’d have to teach them how to turn on the shower first and that’s just not worth the effort.

Edited by bigcigar

1 minute ago, sith_horn said:

Hide contents

Pretty fair synopsis. Honestly, Chaisson is the least of our worries when facing their D. Delpit is the straw that stirs their drink, and how he gets deployed will go a long way to deciding what we have to do to win. I'd expect a pretty heavy emphasis on trying to take away Duvernay, if Aranda is paying any kind of attention at all. Herman had better be scheming to give Delpit multiple responsibilities / looks, or there will be some tough sledding in parts of the field that usually belong to Sam by default.

As for Emery breaking some off for huge yardage, I don't see it. That will definitely be their game plan, though. Their "new" offense is really just a series of quick passes with a few verticals thrown in for shits & giggles. There's a hell of a lot of "P" and not much "R" in their RPOs.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

I was at that game, LSU basically overlooked Troy - who played the most inspired 1st half of football that I've ever seen.

I dont see the Tigers overlooking the horns in the same manner.

How does a team overlook the team that's beating them? This never made sense to me.

Edited by ShowMeALoss

19 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:
27 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Read more  

Not even close. . .go on, elaborate, please.

Why don't you elaborate on how this mythical LSU great defense allowed UCF w/ a backup and aggy to gash through it like warm butter, but somehow Texas, a team who faces spread teams weekly will struggle. 

2 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

As for Emery breaking some off for huge yardage, I don't see it. That will definitely be their game plan, though. Their "new" offense is really just a series of quick passes with a few verticals thrown in for shits & giggles. There's a hell of a lot of "P" and not much "R" in their RPOs.

Don't be so certain about Emery. He is legit and can put tacklers on skates. Don't overlook Edwards-Hellaire either. He 's a stout runner with good vision and side-shifts. Fournette is more of N/S runner from what I saw. Our D will have to do a much better job of tackling than they did against La-Tech. Of course, I expect a different game plan from TO and first game rust caveats apply, but fundamentals were lacking in our D. LSU's D played fundamentally sound in game 1 and looked like they should. Obviously G. Southern wasn't a passing threat though, so LSU could devote all attention to play the run and trust their CBs on the back end against an inferior opponent.

Just now, Texasborn91 said:

LSU discovered the forward pass and all of a sudden they are football Gods. It’s gonna be tough to stop this offense we’ve never seen before. 

Oh i know. Playing Georgia State and they're now primed for the playoff. We just have to forget all of the other teams that have gashed that mythical "great" defense, and how Texas doesnt have a great DC and a damn good offense. The LSU tears will be extra delicious combined with aggy tears. Like redbull and cranberry vodka together. 

1 minute ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Oh i know. Playing Georgia State and they're now primed for the playoff. We just have to forget all of the other teams that have gashed that mythical "great" defense, and how Texas doesnt have a great DC and a damn good offense. The LSU tears will be extra delicious combined with aggy tears. Like redbull and cranberry vodka together

Know how I know you’re a chick?

• Haha 1

IT

There wasn't a lot of postgame info to gather from the solid win over Louisiana Tech. In the past, Sundays were normally reserved for corrections of the previous day's game but this week the focus immediately switched to LSU. That isn't to say missed tackles or bad angles weren't mentioned in position meetings but they'll focus on correcting that stuff on Tuesday when the pads come on and they take to the field.

Sunday was for familiarizing themselves with an LSU team that has some similarities to Texas, especially now that LSU is using more formations and tempo on offense. Another similarity is the LSU offensive line is stronger on the left side than the right side. That's not uncommon but the drop off from left to right is noticeable.

This will be another dime-heavy game with Todd Orlando likely going with the bigger dime version to help versus the LSU running game. I'm pretty sure we'll see some tinkering with the DB personnel to uniquely tailor the defense to the Tigers. More on that on Friday.

Injuries are going to be a big topic ahead of Saturday. Guys like Sterns and Shackelford who rested on Sunday will be good to go. There's one injury we're paying attention to but probably won't write it. The player will likely be deemed questionable. We'll let the staff handle it.

Some quick notes:

- The staff loved what Roschon gave them on such short notice. He ran hard and fought for yards. He'll get a lot of work this week.

- David Gbenda worked with the running backs on Sunday. He's been working scout team previously -- he'd work with linebackers some, then move over to scout RB -- but is now looking like an emergency option with Daniel Young still out. Like Roschon, he runs hard and has some twitch. "He's really not bad for being a linebacker." If nothing else, it's a good indication of his athleticism and selflessness.

- La Tech is viewed as a positive springboard into this week. It was a confidence builder as well as a clear indication of where work needs to be done. It was just the right type of opener.

- LSU is different and running a lot of 2x2 and 3x1 sets. They still do some things with an H-back/TE. They looked like a Big 12 team in the opener, even going tempo.

- The team is off today but they won't be treating it that way. They'll be on their iPads studying up. LSU's defense of course will have the offense's attention but I think everyone is a bit surprised to see Orgeron follow through on offensive changes.

- I've heard no indication on who will start opposite Jalen Green at corner. I believe that will come down to practice this week. This team needs Anthony Cook to step up in a big way. His physicality is needed, especially in this game.

3 minutes ago, Machinator said:

IT

Hide contents

There wasn't a lot of postgame info to gather from the solid win over Louisiana Tech. In the past, Sundays were normally reserved for corrections of the previous day's game but this week the focus immediately switched to LSU. That isn't to say missed tackles or bad angles weren't mentioned in position meetings but they'll focus on correcting that stuff on Tuesday when the pads come on and they take to the field.

Sunday was for familiarizing themselves with an LSU team that has some similarities to Texas, especially now that LSU is using more formations and tempo on offense. Another similarity is the LSU offensive line is stronger on the left side than the right side. That's not uncommon but the drop off from left to right is noticeable.

This will be another dime-heavy game with Todd Orlando likely going with the bigger dime version to help versus the LSU running game. I'm pretty sure we'll see some tinkering with the DB personnel to uniquely tailor the defense to the Tigers. More on that on Friday.

Injuries are going to be a big topic ahead of Saturday. Guys like Sterns and Shackelford who rested on Sunday will be good to go. There's one injury we're paying attention to but probably won't write it. The player will likely be deemed questionable. We'll let the staff handle it.

Some quick notes:

- The staff loved what Roschon gave them on such short notice. He ran hard and fought for yards. He'll get a lot of work this week.

- David Gbenda worked with the running backs on Sunday. He's been working scout team previously -- he'd work with linebackers some, then move over to scout RB -- but is now looking like an emergency option with Daniel Young still out. Like Roschon, he runs hard and has some twitch. "He's really not bad for being a linebacker." If nothing else, it's a good indication of his athleticism and selflessness.

- La Tech is viewed as a positive springboard into this week. It was a confidence builder as well as a clear indication of where work needs to be done. It was just the right type of opener.

- LSU is different and running a lot of 2x2 and 3x1 sets. They still do some things with an H-back/TE. They looked like a Big 12 team in the opener, even going tempo.

- The team is off today but they won't be treating it that way. They'll be on their iPads studying up. LSU's defense of course will have the offense's attention but I think everyone is a bit surprised to see Orgeron follow through on offensive changes.

- I've heard no indication on who will start opposite Jalen Green at corner. I believe that will come down to practice this week. This team needs Anthony Cook to step up in a big way. His physicality is needed, especially in this game.

We seriously need Cook/Jamison. Boyce ain't the the answer, and I hate to be "that guy", but his best bet is to transfer and open up a scholarship 

SEC Rant is seriously upset that our fans actually believe in our team or have the audacity to talk trash.  Apparently we're being cocky and arrogant.  Have they spent five minutes reading their own board?  We're being mean because we don't recognize LSU and the SEC are comparable to the NFL while the "BDF" and every other conference in college football is comparable to pee wee football.  We should be thankful just for being graced with their presence and the chance to witness greatness.  Upset that we're not kissing the ring. 

Fuck them, fuck their new Big 12-lite offense, fuck their backup choice Shrek on the sidelines, fuck the use of the word frick, and fuck A&M fans who think their school suddenly learned how to play football just because they put a different patch on their jerseys. 

• Like 7

Reading the last few pages has me feeling like it's a big game week. Should be a very physical game like Ohio State back in 2005 (no, I'm not saying this is 2005) that will be a huge boost for whoever wins.

I can see Texas crippling their spread and our offense surprising their defense.

I can also see Fournette's speed and power being a nightmare if we don't tackle with great force. 

Their hurry-up, as watched on the tape provided above, isn't nearly the up-tempo of teams that are comfortable with it.

Sam needs to have a more accurate night than he did against La Tech.

This is going to be electric with Memorial DKR showing that we don't have to have a tradition of yelling to be loud and proud at a big game at home. 

Physical LSU versus Physical Texas. I like that Herman has brought that to a higher level. Nobody's walking over anybody on Saturday, everything will be earned.

Hook 'Em!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

SEC Rant is seriously upset that our fans actually believe in our team or have the audacity to talk trash.  Apparently we're being cocky and arrogant.  Have they spent five minutes reading their own board?  We're being mean because we don't recognize LSU and the SEC are comparable to the NFL while the "BDF" and every other conference in college football is comparable to pee wee football.  We should be thankful just for being graced with their presence and the chance to witness greatness.  Upset that we're not kissing the ring. 

Fuck them, fuck their new Big 12-lite offense, fuck their backup choice Shrek on the sidelines, fuck the use of the word frick, and fuck A&M fans who think their school suddenly learned how to play football just because they put a different patch on their jerseys. 

No. They're swamp aggy. They knuckle the keyboard and fuck their brothers