The way too early 2019 LSU at Texas game discussion

4th and 5

2 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

We’re going to win. LSU, Joe Burrow and the entire sec is overrated.

All of the above may be true.  But it will be well worth leaving the tailgate a little early on that steamy September evening (surely this will be the prime time game) to check out the full LSU band and Golden Girls as they assemble for a rendition of what Tiger fans call "Pregame."  Timing is everything:

(A) Find out where the visiting band forms up.  

(B) Get your ass to the point of that area which is nearest DKR.  

(C) Observe the band marching up in cadence, noting the nubile, agile and extremely pulchritudinous Golden Girls in the vanguard.  As the entire mass marches to a halt, note carefully the glistening, pert nose of the nearest Golden Girl.

(D) A drop of sweat will sliiide down and then drop through space into some tawny, divine cleavage.  Believe me, it's worth doing.

Then comes the classic Pregame trademark drumline intro and the four famous notes - DAHHH, DAH-DAHHHHH-DAT! and all the LSU fans howl and holla and go bat shit.  After a few bars, the whole bouncing phalanx double times it into DKR.  A great time will be had by all before the game even starts.

Edited by Bama Llama
spacing was schmutzed up
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I don’t know why, but LSU has always been the one team in the SEC that I’ve always liked. I find myself rooting for them in just about all their games. But on 9/7/19, all that goes out the window.

I'm with you here.  Maybe it's due to the fact most LSU fans or Alums I know keep it real and unlike aggy and Ou Sucks for that matter, will not scapegoat Bama or any of their fellow SEC schools when they suck or sugar coat mediocrity.   Try saying that about aggy, pre or current SEC days.  LOL

I'll be in Austin for this game and the return trip to Baton Rouge in 2020.  I've been to the campus, but never for football at Death Valley and it's always been a goal to get to a game over there.  Now I have an absloute reason to go.

Edited by Nueces River Rat

1 hour ago, Nueces River Rat said:

I'm with you here.  Maybe it's due to the fact most LSU fans or Alums I know keep it real and unlike aggy and Ou Sucks for that matter, will not scapegoat Bama or any of their fellow SEC schools when they suck or sugar coat mediocrity.   Try saying that about aggy, pre or current SEC days.  LOL

I'll be in Austin for this game and the return trip to Baton Rouge in 2020.  I've been to the campus, but never for football at Death Valley and it's always been a goal to get to a game over there.  Now I have an absloute reason to go.

Same here.  I've been to two games in Baton Rouge, and can admit that the LSU tailgating blows ours out of the water.  Their fans are for the most part pretty cool and welcoming.   

I don’t know why, but LSU has always been the one team in the SEC that I’ve always liked. I find myself rooting for them in just about all their games. But on 9/7/19, all that goes out the window.
Probably because they buck the SEC OOC trend and have been playing anyone, anywhere for a while. And in my experience they are the SEC fanbase that does the least secsecsec dipshit crowing. And they party hard. I'd love to have the game on a regular basis tbh

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Probably because they buck the SEC OOC trend and have been playing anyone, anywhere for a while. And in my experience they are the SEC fanbase that does the least secsecsec dipshit crowing. And they party hard. I'd love to have the game on a regular basis tbh

It's hard not to like a bunch of hard partying friendly drunks.  Plus they gave us Better than Ezra.

32 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

That is pretty spot on, actually. 

On 1/14/2019 at 12:19 PM, sushihorn said:

DBU goes back at least 40 years to Collin's dad - Johnnie Johnson who was a consensus AA and NFL HOFer.  Maybe some of you can remember stuff from before that.  Texas produced AA and Thorpe finalists seemingly every year under Mack.  The bad years from 2010-2016 give LSU an edge recently but they are way behind in overall program history.

This is a pretty good list of 54 DBs (with some listed who should not be on there)

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Rod-Babers-ranks-the-top-DBs-in-Texas-Longhorns-history-179744/

12 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Interesting coaching path....

Pedo grad asst => Saints asst QC => Lsu asst WRs

"New Orleans Saints offensive assistant Joe Brady has been hired by LSU coach Ed Orgeron to be the Tigers' passing game coordinator, an LSU official confirmed with The Advocate Saturday.

Brady will also assist LSU assistant coach Mickey Joseph in coaching the wide receivers, filling in the role held by Sullivan, who retired from LSU on Jan. 9.  Brady spent two seasons with the Saints and, prior to that, spent two seasons at Penn State as a graduate assistant."

10 hours ago, TexasGolf said:

Here in Nola for the weekend sporting Texas gear and an LSU fan taps me on the shoulder saying playfully “week 2 next year, we coming for ya”.  Love it 🤘🏻

Awesome.  I've actually gotten along pretty well with LSU fans compared to other SEC schools.  This should be a fun series.

20 hours ago, TexasGolf said:

Here in Nola for the weekend sporting Texas gear and an LSU fan taps me on the shoulder saying playfully “week 2 next year, we coming for ya”.  Love it 🤘🏻

Since the dawn of the Mack Brown era, Texas is 22-10 against the current SEC and 1-0 versus LSU. I hope they’re fucking ready, because the last 20 years, they’ve basically shown up about 31% of the time. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 10:35 AM, closetojumping said:

Since the dawn of the Mack Brown era, Texas is 22-10 against the current SEC and 1-0 versus LSU. I hope they’re fucking ready, because the last 20 years, they’ve basically shown up about 31% of the time. 

Are you counting Mizzou and aggy in that 22-10 record?

LSU style defense X's and O's

New Defensive Strategies: Simulated Pressure System

https://td328-5f8d55.pages.infusionsoft.net

From Article:

The Simulated Pressure System

"The low-risk, high-reward pressure package that is super-easy for defensive coordinators—and a flat-out “nightmare” for offensive coordinators, quarterbacks, o-line coaches, and running backs… because it gives your defensive coordinator the ability to dictate, then manipulate protection schemes."

If you haven’t heard of Simulated Pressures, or “Replace” blitzes as they are also known, don’t worry. You’re not alone. It’s the hottest new pressure trend this off-season—and for good reason. This new pressure system flat-out keeps offensive coordinators in a lose/lose situation by bringing control back to the defense.

My research team and I have been tracking this system for a few years. It’s the brain-child of some of the most effective defensive minds in all of football…

• Dave Aranda, Defensive Coordinator, LSU
  • Pete Golding, Defensive Coordinator, Alabama
  • Ron Roberts, Defensive Coordinator, University of Louisiana

In simple terms, Simulated Pressure is four-man rushes that attack an aspect of the protection or blocking scheme by overloading that particular player or side. This part of it is no different than any other pressure package. But, the difference in Simulated Pressure is that by only sending four in the rush (and not five), coverage isn’t compromised like a traditional fire zone.

(Somebody forward this info to Hermanator, Orlando & Hand)

Edited by LTtxfan

On 2/8/2019 at 8:13 AM, South Austin said:

Are you counting Mizzou and aggy in that 22-10 record?

Hard to come up with a way where we haven't dominated the SEC unless you consider Vanderbilt the only SEC school.

AllTime Texas Record Against:

Current SEC Teams - 191-91-9 (.672 WPCT)
Except TAMU and MU - 97-48-4 (.664 WPCT)
Old 10 (remove South Carolina and Arkansas, too) - 41-25-4 (.614 WPCT)

On 1/14/2019 at 11:40 AM, BurntEyes said:

I know I'm crazy but right now I'm primarily concerned with La Tech.

I know, I know, it's a gimme opener..

Just like the last two years.

So I shouldn't worry about it, just like the last two years.

But as I stated, I'm crazy, so I am concerned about La Tech and how shitty post season always is.. in here.. 

Tom , that you?

10 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Hard to come up with a way where we haven't dominated the SEC unless you consider Vanderbilt the only SEC school.

AllTime Texas Record Against:

Current SEC Teams - 191-91-9 (.672 WPCT)
Except TAMU and MU - 97-48-4 (.664 WPCT)
Old 10 (remove South Carolina and Arkansas, too) - 41-25-4 (.614 WPCT)

Last game against Vandy was 1928, and Vandy was a power then.