LSU @ Texas

Iowa @ Oklahoma State

Columbia @ Oklahoma

West Virginia @ Oregon State

Northern Illinois @ Kansas 

San Francisco @ Kansas State

Shriner's College Classic:

TCU (vs Houston, vs Texas A&M, vs Rice)

Baylor (vs Texas A&M, vs Rice, vs Texas State)

Frisco College Classic:

Texas Tech (vs Nebraska, vs Mississippi State, vs Sam Houston State)

Friday (3/1):

Texas 8

LSU 1

Oklahoma State 5

Iowa 4 (DH)

Iowa 5

Oklahoma State 4 (DH)

Oklahoma 12

Columbia 3 (DH)

Oklahoma 9

Columbia 1 (DH)

Oregon State 9

West Virginia 2

Kansas 8

Northern Illinois 1 (DH)

Kansas 7

Northern Illinois 2 (DH)

San Francisco 3

Kansas State 1 (DH)

Kansas State 7

San Francisco 0 (DH)

TCU 10

Houston 6

Texas A&M 5

Baylor 2

Nebraska 2

Texas Tech 1

Saturday (3/2):

Texas 8

LSU 4

Iowa 3

Oklahoma State 2

Oklahoma 9

Columbia 0 (DH)

Oklahoma 6

Columbia 2 (DH)

Oregon State 4

West Virginia 2

Kansas 3

Northern Illinois 1

Kansas State 11

San Francisco 5

Texas A&M 1

TCU 0

Rice 6

Baylor 3

Mississippi State 4

Texas Tech 2

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

Have you guys learned nothing about drawing conclusions while we're still in nonconference play?

True teams can improve. TCU and Tech look overrated though. Still good teams. 

TCU in particular. They’re lucky the SHSU game was cancelled (down 10-2 in the 2nd inning). I know it’s early but to get dominated by Rice and SHSU like that is certainly something. 

Edited by texasstrong12

On 3/3/2019 at 3:15 PM, Homercles said:

My Pokes can’t hit for shit. Gonna be a long season and I wish Holliday would find him a hitting coach.

3 close games. I think I saw they got two in the 9th to win the only game of the series correct? Not that losing the series isn't bad but getting swept would have been awful.

B12 notes D1 Baseball Chat:

Tyler: Hey guys.  How does Texas go 4-1 on the week and move up 10 spots and jump Arkansas, when Arkansas goes 4-0? Just curious, thanks.

Kendall Rogers: Tyler — Good question and a pretty simple answer. Texas just swept the No. 2 in the country and made it look pretty easy the first two games of the weekend. Those things happen. I was pretty impressed with the way Eric Kennedy and many of UT’s young players performed over the weekend. Duke Ellis also had a huge weekend for the Hors, while Bryce Elder was as advertised on Friday. I thought this was a bridge year for Texas, but this team is pretty dang good right now.

Marc Noland: Should I be concerned about LSU now especially starting pitching after this weekend performance in Austin?

Kendall Rogers: Marc – It’s way too early for any fan base to press the panic button, but there’s no doubt LSU kind of concerned me this past weekend. I didn’t feel like the Tigers played with a ton of passion for a big series (Texas did), Hess showed flashes of greatness but was ultimately typical Hess, Marceaux is a freshman in his first start on the road (he’ll bless fine), I’ll give him a mulligan. And Eric Walker, I’m told was 81-84 mph with his FB. LSU still has some serious questions to answer on the mound IMO.

Jack: How concerned are you about Texas Tech after how they played last weekend?

Aaron Fitt: I’m not really concerned about the Red Raiders. It was weird to see that offense go AWOL this weekend, just seven hits in two games is very uncharacteristic — but chalk it up to a bad weekend in awful weather conditions against good pitching. The Raiders are going to hit, you can bank on it — there’s too much talent and experience there, and they’re too well coached. The pitching staff will probably wind up mixing and matchup a lot, because there’s plenty of depth, but Erikson Lanning is a nice reliable veteran strike thrower who can eat innings in the rotation, and I still think good things are ahead for Caleb Kilian, who battled through the flu this weekend. Lots of power arms in that bullpen; they’ll be fine on the mound too.

Grayson G: If the reigning Big 12 Pitcher of the Year Cody Bradford can’t get healthy, what do you think the Baylor Bears ceiling is this year?

Kendall Rogers: Grayson — I think Cody will be fine moving forward. Clearly, the Bears are being very safe with his pitch count right now. But he was up to 92-93 mph with his FB along with solid stuff in a short stint yesterday. But yes, if the Bears for whatever reason don’t have Bradford in league play, that’s a tough tough loss and would require some inexperienced arms to step up in roles they might not be ready for just yet. I think Cody will be fine, though.

Chip: Texas drew 22 walks and stole 6 of 7 in 3 games vs LSU. Now they go to Stanford who is averaging 3BB:10K per game as a pitching staff and their catcher does well controlling the run game.  How do you see this series shaking out? Split? 3-1 and who?

Kendall Rogers: Chip — I think a series splits sounds like a good bet right now, but this weekend is a much different challenge than LSU for the simple fact Texas has to go on the road to face an elite team with so many young players. That’s a fascinating series.

https://d1baseball.com/chats/top-25-chat-with-kendall-rogers-and-aaron-fitt/

17 hours ago, Moby Ric said:

After this weekend very much yes.  Tech does not look like the world beaters everyone expected them to be this year.  

TT  may turn out to not be world beaters.for all I know, but come on man, they lost 2-1 and 4-2 to two quality SEC programs.

Hardly a certain indictment of this year's club just yet.  That's the way the baseball go.

Edited by pigmeat markham

INJURY NEWS: @BaylorBaseball LHP Cody Bradford, an All-American and reigning Big 12 Pitcher of the Year, will miss the rest of the season with an injury. He has thoracic outlet syndrome. Bradford was up to 92-93 over the weekend in Houston. #mlbdraft