Spiderman Far From Home

BigDHornfan

Yes, I often underestimate stupidity.

In a million years Sony couldn't make a Spiderman movie as good as Far From Home. And it's not completely their fault -- Spiderman works so much better as part of a larger universe.

Also, I feel that Sony's kind of stuck. The genie is already out of the bottle.

2 hours ago, Bookman said:

In a million years Sony couldn't make a Spiderman movie as good as Far From Home

They already did, but it was animated. As great as Far From Home is, Into the Spiderverse was better.

Took the fam to see it, really enjoyed it, blah blag blah.  

Looking back, it was cool how they kept dropping subtle clues that Fury's mannerisms/behavior was a bit off, like snapping at Peter for mentioning Captain Marvel's name, etc.  The comment about Kree sleeper cells was also interesting.  Guess they're setting up continued Kree/Skrull conflict.  Here's to also hoping that they introduce Nova in an Annihilation-like origin, except it's when Thanos "decimates" Xandar to get the purple stone.

On 7/5/2019 at 10:06 PM, Patrick Bateman said:

So..... that was all sorts of meh.  The dialogue lacked crispness and the jokes were stale, the villain, while played well, was all sorts of silliness and the tech was gimmicky.  This was one of the poorer Marvel movies, it wasn't bad as much as it was just stale.  Samuel L Jackson as Fury has become old hat.  I think this long break for Marvel comes at a good time.  I think after Endgame, they need a little time to catch their breath and let audiences sort of decompress.  Now, it wasn't all bad.  Holland is a huge talent.  Gyllenhall was solid.  The set pieces were cool -- reminded me of Euro Vacation kind of.  Ned and his gf were sort of funny and the best and funniest gags come at the end playing off of Raimi's original Spider-man.  Also the two post-credit scenes were interesting and set up well for the future.  Overall, this has much more charm than Webb's sort of sullen TAS or Raimi's goofy Spiderman 3, but it's got a real IM3 vibe to it.

Surprised so many liked it.  Not a huge spiderman fan at all, but I've enjoyed the movies to a degree.  Watch them strictly as entertainment.  

This movie sucked.  EXCEPT for the interaction of Peter and MJ.  They have chemistry and when they're on screen together.  But other than that, I thought it was weak.  The villain was fucking terrible, you could literally tell when he said "you don't want to be here for this" within the first 30 seconds of the movie, it was was painfully obvious that this guy was causing whatever evil existed....talk about transparent.

Marisa in mom jeans might have been the highlight for me.  

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
5 hours ago, Chad said:

The Amazing Spider-Man is trending on Twitter for some reason today. I felt it was the best iteration of the Spider-Man movies. The scene of Gwen dying, that shit hurt and Hans Zimmer nailed the soundtrack.

The two Amazing Spidermans were the best of the spideys, and Garfield was almost perfect as Peter Parker. Although i know im in the minority on here

I mean, how could ya'll be so wrong.  Not only was Spiderman 2 the BEST of the Spiderman movies, the 2 new ones are better than both Amazing Spiderman movies.

However, I think Garfield nailed Peter Parker and Emma nailed Gwen and they're chemistry was undeniable...too bad they took place in pretty bad movies.