South Lake Tahoe/Heavenly

Spoosner

29 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Driving from Carmel to South Lake Tahoe today to meet my family.  31 people in a house should be interesting.  

We are doing dinner on a boat one night.  I’m renting a tritoon one day and taking a bunch of the kids tubing.  We will ride bikes and hike a bunch.  Skipping the Gondola.  

Yes, but is it a Gawn-dela or a Gone-Dola?

• 2 weeks later...
any steakhouse recs in south lake tahoe?
headed out thursday, looking for a nice romantic dinner sunday night, husband's birthday
have noted Primo's... trying to decide between italian and steak! 
Ive eaten at the steakhouse atop of Harrahs, its good, has great west views of the lake and mountains so sunsets are nice.

Theres another one in Harveys and Hardrock, have not eaten at either, have ben tild both are good
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, mchookem said:

any steakhouse recs in south lake tahoe?

headed out thursday, looking for a nice romantic dinner sunday night, husband's birthday 😊

have noted Primo's... trying to decide between italian and steak! 

I think there is one at Edgewood that is supposed to be good.  And has a Great Lake view.  

Was there last week.  I suggest renting a small boat and running around the lake.  We used Ski Hill marina boat rental.  Ask and they will give you a 15 percent discount.   

• Like 1

Going to Incline Village in mid September for a wedding on the beach at the Hyatt. 

Have a 9:30 AM tee time at the Champions course about a mile from the hotel. Yelp reviews say it takes five and a half motherfucking hours to play a round of golf there. Can this be true?

Any bars/restaurants not at the Hyatt worth checking out?

14 hours ago, Orange&White said:

Going to Incline Village in mid September for a wedding on the beach at the Hyatt. 

Have a 9:30 AM tee time at the Champions course about a mile from the hotel. Yelp reviews say it takes five and a half motherfucking hours to play a round of golf there. Can this be true?

I’ve only been to Crosby’s Tavern and Gaming. It’s ok. I think there’s a bar across the street from the hotel. The Hyatt Regency does have a sports book, if you’re looking to kill time. 

• Like 1

On 8/14/2019 at 8:47 AM, Orange&White said:

I thought Bite (on the main road, Tahoe Blvd., in Incline Village) was really good (however we had just had a gummy beforehand so YMMV). 

Austin's, across the street from the Hyatt on Country Club Dr. is a good change of pace from the high prices and average food in the Hyatt.  The bar next door to it (owned by the same people) isn't bad either.

Austin's is named after Austin TX (FWIW).  Original owners were from TX.

Edited by DDD Dad
  • Like 1

On 8/14/2019 at 8:47 AM, Orange&White said:

Also, if you don't want a 5 plus hour round and are willing to drive 30 minutes you should see if you can get on one of the private courses up near Truckee.  We played Schaffer's Mill one day and got around really fast.  If you're a member somewhere they can get you on easily.  If not, I believe they have times open to the public on Mondays and/or Tuesdays.  Check their website or give them a call.  Nice layout and beautiful views.  The Champions course was okay but it wasn't my favorite.  

Edgewood is on the south side and gorgeous.  It's also about 3 bills to play and I'm not sure it was worth the tariff.  We played it the Monday morning of the celebrity tournament week, and it was in perfect shape.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Also, if you don't want a 5 plus hour round and are willing to drive 30 minutes you should see if you can get on one of the private courses up near Truckee.  We played Schaffer's Mill one day and got around really fast.  If you're a member somewhere they can get you on easily.  If not, I believe they have times open to the public on Mondays and/or Tuesdays.  Check their website or give them a call.  Nice layout and beautiful views.  The Champions course was okay but it wasn't my favorite.  

Edgewood is on the south side and gorgeous.  It's also about 3 bills to play and I'm not sure it was worth the tariff.  We played it the Monday morning of the celebrity tournament week, and it was in perfect shape.

One other suggestion--Old Greenwood and Gray's Crossing.  Both are daily fee, and I've heard they are very nice.  

• Like 1

I thought Bite (on the main road, Tahoe Blvd., in Incline Village) was really good (however we had just had a gummy beforehand so YMMV). 
Austin's, across the street from the Hyatt on Country Club Dr. is a good change of pace from the high prices and average food in the Hyatt.  The bar next door to it (owned by the same people) isn't bad either.
Austin's is named after Austin TX (FWIW).  Original owners were from TX.
Agree with DD, Id add mofos Italian, Jack Rabbit moon and alibi aleworx

Havent played thay course so cant comment, edgewood in southlake is a good course

here now. this place is the shit.

highly recommend Tahoe Pourhouse for lunch/brunch. they have a wine wall, beautiful patio, good food, outside of town on California side, much less crowded.

Lucky Beaver is legit late night burger. 

gonna try Himmel House tonight, Friday's Station tomorrow. 

McP's taphouse seems like a good choice, but definitely skip it. worst food we've had. 

seriously, this place is stupid gorgeous. balloon ride was a bust bc of wind renting a boat tomorrow instead. there are way more people in the water than i would have expected given the temp 😎

took the gondola and did the coaster. best view and so fun. bring water, skip any food/drink up top, totally worth it IMO.

🤘