Ghostbusters (2020)

BigOrange1

10 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

Oh cool another original idea by Hollywood.

This.  Just show the original film wrapped around a special event and limited showing in the theaters and I'm in. 

Apparently, Hollywood still doesn't understand you can't re-invent the original success, not matter how many remake flops it keeps churning out.  

"Oh, it will be different this time"...  Right.

Yeah, it's not a remake.  It'll be occurring 35 years after the original.  So the original actors could still play their same roles, aside from Harold Ramis of course (RIP).

I've liked pretty much everything Jason Reitman has done.  If he has an idea that he's in love with, then it's probably going to end up as a pretty good movie.

Edited by utee94
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Yeah, it's not a remake.  It'll be occurring 35 years after the original.  So the original actors could still play their same roles, aside from Harold Ramis of course (RIP).

I've liked pretty much everything Jason Reitman has done.  If he has an idea that he's in love with, then it's probably going to end up as a pretty good movie.

Ramis could play a ghost. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

I hope one of them is a woman, just to see people lose their shit again

The fucking thing lost $70M and after execs boldly predicted a sequel at the opening in 2016, they canned it with little mention - permanently.  This is a steer-around from that mess.

The only ones losing their shit from that movie are Sony executives and the company's profit margin.

• Like 3

On 1/16/2019 at 4:30 PM, phdhorn said:

The fucking thing lost $70M and after execs boldly predicted a sequel at the opening in 2016, they canned it with little mention - permanently.  This is a steer-around from that mess.

The only ones losing their shit from that movie are Sony executives and the company's profit margin.

Yeah, we ought to save our indignation for the defense of a movie that wasn't horrible.

Ghostbusters 2 was a good movie.  It's biggest fault is that it's not nearly as funny as GB1, which is a top 10 comedy for me.  I am particularly fond of 2 because of when it was released (I was a first or second grader).  GB3 is tapping into nostalgia for a certain generation and for others it's tapping into how WILDLY terrible the reboot was. As big of a swing/miss as that reboot was, even a foul-tip will feel like a homerun for GB3.

• Like 1

Actually, one of the few good things about part Two is it relaunched Peter MacNichol’s career.  Without this movie we wouldn’t have him harassing Jonah on Veep