Ghostbusters (2020)

BigOrange1

Reboots of movies driven by the actors themselves don't make much sense.  Ghostbusters was funny because Bill Murray was funny and the other 3 plus Moranis, Sigorney Weaver, Peck made good enough sides.  Why would we think this movie will be any better than any other comedy made by spares?  Ghostbusting itself isn't inherently funny.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Survey says....That was Ally McBeal

Sorry, I watch "Veep", not "Ally McBeal"...but sorry you wasted so many hours of your life watching a show that wasn't funny.  

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Sorry, I watch "Veep", not "Ally McBeal"...but sorry you wasted so many hours of your life watching a show that wasn't funny.  

I didn't watch Ally McBeal jackass, that was just the show that revived his career....not Ghostbusters 2.  If you're going to try to be an asshole and least pick the right fucking moment.

Did Ally McBeal start that long ago?  I swear Ghostbusters 2 came out first.  I'm getting old.  

Anyway, I wonder if this is enough for Rick Moranis to get back to live action movies again.  I completely understand why he left acting, but this would be a wonderful way to return as his children are grown and the world is a little sadder without Harold Ramis.  

2 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

That is a lucid, intelligent, well-thought out argument.

Hollywood is now going to remake Caddyshack as a starring vehicle for Leslie Jones and Howard from The Big Bang Theory.

They are going to have to dig one big gopher hole for Leslie Jones 

• Like 1

Her comedic acting chops were finally respected and completely solidified by the jocular tour-de-force that was the Ghostbusters reboot...and now hacks like Bill Murray, Jason Reitman, et. al. are going to crap on her legacy just months before the next round of Mark Twain award voting?  Bullshit I say, bullshit!  

Jesus christmas.  The female reboot wasn't all that bad, kind of dumb but watchable.   Leslie Jones needs to shut the hell up, she was the weakest link of that movie.  They better  find some solid comedic actors to pull this off, and have them take part in the writing.  I hope it doesn't become another SNL reunion movie though.   Good lord, what if they do something dumb like cast Chris parnell, Andy sandburg, Keenan Thompson and someone else like Seth Rogan.   

She seems bitter. I think you take a roll like that knowing people are skeptical and many don’t see the need to remake classics or do sequels, especially decades later with a different cast.  To be successful, the movie should be awesome. It may need to be better than the original. The Star Trek reboot comes to mind. I find it hard to believe she looked at the script and believed this was a high quality reboot. 

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

The funniest character in that movie was Hemsworth and he’s not a comedian. Not a great sign.

Didn't see Ghostbusters 2020, but have seen Hemsworth in all the Thor movies. He's a good comedic actor. The writers in the Marvel series morphed the character some to accommodate those skills. I think it may be tougher for a stand up comic to act than for an actor with good timing to do a comedy role. I know Dangerfield had a tough time in Caddyshack, cause he had trouble adapting to not getting laughs. I think they made so many of his scenes in front of a crowd so he could get a reaction during the take. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 1/21/2019 at 9:20 PM, BurntEyes said:

I'm in love with Eva Green.. so, I'll watch this as soon as it's released to streaming.

Never have watched the second. Seriously doubt I ever will.

She isnt in this movie unfortunately. 

• 5 months later...
11 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

who the hell is the intended audience?   10 year olds?  it is even a comedy?  let's say this twinkee represents how shitty the previous ghostbuster reboot was.  according to this preview, this movie would be . . . 

Strong work overreacting to a trailer.

The first one was a bit of a dark comedy as well. Bunch of failed or odd characters watching the end of the world. I'd also hope there is quite a bit of humor saved for the actual movie. Granted lets not go overboard like they did with the all women reboot (failed humor at that).