2019 Texas Softball - Connie's overboard, Anchors Aweigh!

TrashMaster G

Good opening weekend for MW. 32-3 scoring margin with 8 run rules.

Bollinger and Elish look outstanding. Think O’Leary will be a very capable #3.

We will win a lot of 3 game series with being able to go Elish-Bollinger-Elish. O’Leary will have opportunities early with some big games. Gotta see what she can do in the non conf against regional teams. Elish and Bollinger can handle the elite teams. 

Edited by Js1

27 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Oregon actually went 5-0 this weekend too with wins over Kansas and Mizzou. Guess they won't be cancelling their season

KU ain’t good

Mizzou beats #12 ASU, loses to #25 Oregon and Oregon State. Puzzling 

Mizzou also had some key transfers out and a new coach. 

Im more curious how the Ducks do against LSU, JMU, Kentucky, Florida, Barn, Michigan, tenn and OK state before  they get into P12 play. though UK already has losses to UH, ok state and Illinois 

Edited by Js1

Games and scores of note - 

Both #19 Baylor and UNC beat #9 SC

ND upset #2 Washington (which beat Baylor yesterday)

#17 Auburn dropped 2 games to Missouri State and La Tech

#20 Texas A&M got HAMMERED by UNT

#7 Georgia lost to Indiana

NC State took down #6 Arizona

Mizzou took down #12 ASU

Illinois with wins over #13 Kentucky and a split with #22 Ok State

In Big 12 after the opening weekend:

OU (5-0), Tech (5-0) and Texas (4-0) are the only undefeated teams left.  Tech took 2 against Nebraska and 1 against Wisconsin.  OU played no one, just like us - Syracuse twice, Grand Canyon, Charlotte and SDSU. 
Ok State 4-1 (L to Illinois)
Baylor 3-2 (L to BYU and #2 Washington)
Iowa State 1-4
KU (and Coach McFalls) 0-5

23 hours ago, Js1 said:

Very good barometer of where Texas is coming up this weekend in Florida -

RV Cal (3-0 but playing 2 games against ULL today)
FAU (3-2)
#10 LSU (6-0 with 6 run-rule wins and 4/6 shutouts) -- ESPNU
#15 Kentucky (2-3) -- SEC Network

ahhhh, FAU home of one of the greatest female athletes this country has ever produced. If you don't know the story of FAU coach Joan Joyce, do yourself a favor and google the name. A truly incredible woman, who recruited my daughter very hard for 3 years. She is a national treasure.

10 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

ahhhh, FAU home of one of the greatest female athletes this country has ever produced. If you don't know the story of FAU coach Joan Joyce, do yourself a favor and google the name. A truly incredible woman, who recruited my daughter very hard for 3 years. She is a national treasure.

Your post is needed over here:

On 2/11/2019 at 8:44 AM, Js1 said:

Very good barometer of where Texas is coming up this weekend in Florida -

#29 (RV) Cal (3-2 after getting swept 14-4 in the ULL DH yesterday) - ESPNU/Thurs @ noon
FAU (3-2) - Friday @ 11:30am
#8/13 LSU (6-0 with 6 run-rule wins and 4/6 shutouts) -- ESPNU/Friday @ 3pm
#18/19 Kentucky (2-3) -- SEC Network/Saturday @ 9am

Updated.

Texas is up to #11 in the NFCA Coaches Poll and #7 in the Softball America poll

Edited by Js1

Texas announces that Ellsworth will have a minor surgery on her hand today after suffering an injury opening weekend.  Week to week status going forward.

Was hitting .500 (3-6) with 4 RBI. 

Definitely glad to have Iakopo now and opportunities when she's catching for other players to make themselves heard at the DP spot (Burke, Espinosa, maybe even Elish when she's not pitching)

Edited by Js1

Schedule beginning today:  (CST times)

Elite Invitational

Thursday-Saturday, Clearwater, Fla.
Thursday — No. 11 Texas vs. Cal, noon, ESPNU, 105.3
Friday — No. 11 Texas vs. Florida Atlantic, 11:30 a.m., 105.3; No. 11 Texas vs. No. 8 LSU, 3 p.m., ESNU, 105.3
Saturday — No. 11 Texas vs. No. 18 Kentucky, 9 a.m., SEC Network, 105.3

• Like 1

Early on, it's hard to tell which of these is true (could be all 3):

• Kenny G is a really good coach and has done well with Show OR
  • Jo Evans just fucking sucks at Connie-levels and neglected to develop Show after he freshman year OR
  • LSU's offense hasn't changed and feasts against bad competition but looks overmatched against on-par talent

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

Early on, it's hard to tell which of these is true (could be all 3):

• Kenny G is a really good coach and has done well with Show OR
  • Jo Evans just fucking sucks at Connie-levels and neglected to develop Show after he freshman year OR
  • LSU's offense hasn't changed and feasts against bad competition but looks overmatched against on-par talent

I'll take a combination of #2 and #3.

Jo Evans is terrible, but I tried to tell everyone last year about Beth Torina. She is a great recruiter, and a terrible coach. She would be a great hire as a pitching coach, but that LSU program should be much better than they are.

Just now, FloridaHorn said:

I'll take a combination of #2 and #3.

Jo Evans is terrible, but I tried to tell everyone last year about Beth Torina. She is a great recruiter, and a terrible coach. She would be a great hire as a pitching coach, but that LSU program should be much better than they are.

Sometimes that LSU program has started to remind me of Texas 2003-2006

Great pitching.  But holy hell that offense on a big stage can be downright bad.

I bet Cat watches LSU games and has PTSD. 

1 minute ago, Goodman said:

Our 3rd baseman looks the part but has struggled at the plate and every throw tails off target. 

Does Elish always wear a sleeve or just sore to start the season?

I don't recall her wearing a sleeve at Oregon.  But my memory is fuzzy sometimes. 

Dobson is an absolute idiot as a hitting coach. He makes great players look good and good players below average with his instruction. LSU will struggle big time, when they get to conference play and have to outscore Florida and Alabama.

Back on the subject of Texas, it is refreshing to see our players come to the plate with some sort of a plan. This team is going to continue to improve, and Coach White's determination and fiery personality will start to show. Gonna be a fun season.

11 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Our 3rd baseman looks the part but has struggled at the plate and every throw tails off target. 

Meh.  Going to be a lot of shuffling at the infield lineup except 2B.  

Fuck yeah Rhodes.  Oregon Ducks have our only HR of the same (Iakopo and RHodes) 

• Like 1