Coming to America sequel

Hmbre97

3 hours ago, JimmyHoffa said:

My kids love when I do this joke for them-

I had been working with a guy for about 5 years when he comes in after a random weekend and comes up to me and says, "Coming to America! THAT'S where you get it from!"

Whenever something clicks for someone, it's pretty common that I give the Eddie Murphy "Aha!"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Wait. Let me guess. We are all set for a charming romp where..

eddie Murphy has a kid who is at ‘that’ age and is being pressured to marry when they feel unready, but it not a HE it’s a SHE (Whaaaaaaaaaat??) Eddie plays the lovable, funny, overprotective dad who just wants the best for his girl but has reservations because of the man he was in his youth.

So this insanely rich, glamorous, pretty and perhaps slightly spoiled girl goes to LA (Whaaaaaaaaat???) to find true love, but actually... finds herself. 

She meets a charming, handsome and successful guy that she instantly falls in love with and developes an unhealthy obsession. He is attached and too much of a pussy/stupid to act on a sure thing so she is forced to, through a series of wacky series lies and farces, make him see the girl he’s with is not the girl for him. He finds out about her deceit, gets mad and rejects her but then later realizes he loves her and the movie closes with an elaborate 30 min “rush to the train station” bit where he pontificates his love for her.

...But she cant be with him because she fell in love with the male friend she made that reluctantly helped her with her hygienist. (Whaaaaaaaaat???) He is a slightly less handsome, poor guy in a shitty job/position that is also coincidentally respectable or noble. 

Movie ends.

We all leave feeling like we got ripped off.

Eddie Murphy get slightly richer.

Edited by Doc Reeves

12 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

Wait. Let me guess. We are all set for a charming romp where..

eddie Murphy has a kid who is at ‘that’ age and is being pressured to marry when they feel unready, but it not a HE it’s a SHE (Whaaaaaaaaaat??) Eddie plays the lovable, funny, overprotective dad who just wants the best for his girl but has reservations because of the man he was in his youth.

So this insanely rich, glamorous, pretty and perhaps slightly spoiled girl goes to LA (Whaaaaaaaaat???) to find true love, but actually... finds herself. 

She meets a charming, handsome and successful guy that she instantly falls in love with and developes an unhealthy obsession. He is attached and too much of a pussy/stupid to act on a sure thing so she is forced to, through a series of wacky series lies and farces, make him see the girl he’s with is not the girl for him. He finds out about her deceit, gets mad and rejects her but then later realizes he loves her and the movie closes with an elaborate 30 min “rush to the train station” bit where he pontificates his love for her.

...But she cant be with him because she fell in love with the male friend she made that reluctantly helped her with her hygienist. (Whaaaaaaaaat???) He is a slightly less handsome, poor guy in a shitty job/position that is also coincidentally respectable or noble. 

Movie ends.

We all leave feeling like we got ripped off.

Eddie Murphy get slightly richer.

You just made Drew’s nipples hard. 

Prince is King. 

Landlord runs Trump Tower. 

Body by Jake owns Cab Company. 

Queen has been banging Soul Glo guy on side. 

Sexual Chocolate is a mega-band now, selling out arenas/stadiums across the country. 

Hold up Man - out on parole, working at McDowells. 

Semmi married tranny. 

Maurice - as been mentioned - asst. mgr of McDowells. 

Saul - still waiting on spoon for soup. 

4 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Am I the only one who thought the original was only marginally funny?  Because I thought it was only marginally funny.  Probably because Arsenio makes my butt itch.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=5899426

Sorry couldn't leave that one out.

It's campy as shit and funny as hell. Even without Arsenio Eddie is in his prime. I am not saying it's anywhere close to his best work but it's really good. And much better than marginally funny.

• Like 2