PSA: IT'S NOT A BREAKFAST TACO UNLESS IT HAS EGGS IN IT.

Beau Vine

Here's the thing. If you tell me you're giving me a bean and cheese breakfast taco, I am going to assume that means eggs, beans, and cheese. 

If it's just beans and cheese I am going to punch you in the face. Don't get me wrong, I will still eat it, but afterwards I will punch you in the face. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, TornACL said:

Here's the thing. If you tell me you're giving me a bean and cheese breakfast taco, I am going to assume that means eggs, beans, and cheese. 

If it's just beans and cheese I am going to punch you in the face. Don't get me wrong, I will still eat it, but afterwards I will punch you in the face. 

Don't you punch him first, then eat it?  Seems much more badass from a showmanship standpoint.

3 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:

I think this is a better PSA:

Don't order a taco, breakfast or otherwise, and assume it has any ingredient not listed in the name.

Taqueria-Hernandez-Mexican-Food-Menu-1.j

Well in this case, of course. Because no one would prefer a fucking potato taco. And if they dared to demand such an abomination, they should be chemically castrated. 

40 minutes ago, ztejas said:

A breakfast burrito is an extraneous foodstuff that never needed to exist. Likewise, anyone calling breakfast tacos breakfast burritos should probably be arrested and submitted for questioning, and anyone that feels the need to eat 5 eggs and half a pound of sausage wrapped in an 18 inch tortilla before noon is equally as suspect. 

Burrito works with a meal in a tortilla thing. Eggs, bacon, sausage, beans, cheese, and potatoes all in one. 

10 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Breakfast burritos >>>>>>>>>>>>>> breakfast tacos

Take that shit back to California

Edited by ztejas
I love how contentious a thread about breakfast tacos is getting. Good work Beau Vine.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Burrito works with a meal in a tortilla thing. Eggs, bacon, sausage, beans, cheese, and potatoes all in one. 

I recently discovered this little gem of a spot in San Pedro.  The Chori Man, where almost everything on the menu has their homemade chorizo in it.  The breakfast burrito (made with over easy eggs instead of scrambled) was one of the best I've ever eaten.

choriman_san_pedro_raygoza.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

Just now, Sbbruin said:

I recently discovered this little gem of a spot in San Pedro.  The Chori Man, where almost everything on the menu has their homemade chorizo in it.  The breakfast burrito (made with over easy eggs instead of scrambled) was one of the best I've ever eaten.

Don't get me wrong, that looks dank, I just would never start my day with it since I'd end up passed out by 11 am. 

This is a perfect 2-3 am meal after you've had 12 drinks and gotten yelled at by some bitch at a bar you didn't want to be at in the first place. 

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Don't get me wrong, that looks dank, I just would never start my day with it since I'd end up passed out by 11 am. 

This is a perfect 2-3 am meal after you've had 12 drinks and gotten yelled at by some bitch at a bar you didn't want to be at in the first place. 

Not so coincidentally, this is exactly how it's listed on the menu. 

32 minutes ago, BigNastyHorn said:

Wrong. 

Papa con Chorizo

Papa con Chile

Bean and Cheese

Potato and Bean 

Barbacoa

all acceptable forms of breakfast tacos 

I am with Brisket all the way. 

Agree...but y'all are missing out if you aren't throwing a little crispy bacon on those bean and cheese tacos.

56 minutes ago, mapplewhite132 said:

Austin has some of the worst breakfast tacos in the state. Fight me. 

Shit man. I moved from Austin to Waco.  You wanna talk about a breakfast taco desert.  We've tried 15 places here and have found 2 that pass our standards and one of them is the Laredo Taco Company inside of Stripes.

And the funny thing is we had Hispanic people tell us to try this or that.  We thought- ok I'll try it.  I bet its good if they recommend it.  Pass.  Absolutely terrible recommendations.  

Any of you anti egg heathens who have never mixed up some leftover chopped brisket and scrambled it into some eggs and wrapped that sumbitch in a tortilla aren't living your best life. 

Nobody here is anti egg or saying that’s bad - it’s awesome, actually.

We just like ALL the breffis tacos. Y’all are arguing that only blondes are suitable for morning loving. We’re noting that like hell, brunettes and redheads are appropriate, too. We love em all.
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

mi madre’s on manor, across from hoover’s.  there you will find a  comparable breakfast burrito. 

Edited by futureman
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ztejas said:

In Lawrence, that place is called Burrito King, and even though I’ve never tasted it before the bars close, I still miss it every damn day.

I actually thought breakfast taco vs burrito was regional. I’d never heard the taco version before I moved to Texas, and I haven’t heard the burrito version since except at non Texas mega fast food chains.

7 hours ago, Landomatic said:

How about, just like every other one of these fucking "rules for food" threads...if you like it, eat it.

If you don't want eggs on your breakfast tacos, don't.

If you want ranch instead of mustard, get it.

Jesus...someone ever tells me pizza is only good hot and for lunch and dinner and I'm punching them in the fucking nuts.

Does this apply to French dressing on brisket?

Team don't need egg to be breakfast taco.  To me they are all just tacos that if i eat in the morning are breakfast tacos.  On the flip side if they are eaten at any other time they are just tacos.  I don't eat lunch tacos or dinner tacos.  i've had many dinners that consisted of just potato and egg tacos.  Maybe one could argue that was breakfast for dinner Mexican style? 

You motherfuckers putting black beans on your breakfast taco might as well be using turkey bacon or pace picante sauce.  Taco about doing it wrong.  That shit is wack.    

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Runny yolk makes me turgid.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, RPM said:

Technically, whatever you eat the first thing after you wake up is breakfast. Eggs or no eggs.

This

My favorite is refried beans, potatoes, cheese with slice avocado.....I eat it in the morning and therefore it is a breakfast taco.

If you live in the area of north Round Rock check out Tequilas on 1431/University between 35 and Grimes. Tacos are amazing.

NSIAP, one of my favorite breakfast tacos is the Otto from tacodeli.  It’s mashed black beans, avocado, and bacon.  I put a schtickle of Dona on there.  There are no eggs on it and if you don’t consider that a breakfast taco, you live in a part of Texas with access to shitty restaurants.  

Sorry some of us live near the original tacodeli where many of their breakfast tacos, including the frontera fundido, don’t feature eggs.