PSA: IT'S NOT A BREAKFAST TACO UNLESS IT HAS EGGS IN IT.

Beau Vine

On 1/17/2019 at 2:21 PM, Mitch Cumsteen said:

If you want to really split hairs, you can debate the unofficial nomenclature of ordering breakfast tacos.

For example, you would never order a cheese and bean taco. That's just wrong. It's always bean and cheese.

Also, it's always ______ and egg (e.g., potato and egg, bacon and egg, chorizo and egg, wiener and egg, etc.) and then any extras (cheese, guac, or god forbid sour cream, etc). The correct usage is: "Give me a potato and egg with cheese and guacamole." Don't fucking say, "Give a taco with cheese, guacamole, eggs and potato."

If you have a taco with eggs, beans and cheese, it's always a bean and egg with cheese. It's not a bean and cheese with eggs. Why? I have no fucking clue but that's the way it is. 

Important to communicate what exactly I want sometimes.  

Since some taquerias do the chopped up bacon in the eggs as their ‘bacon and egg’, and  I like whole pieces of bacon on my tacos, if I want a bacon potato and eggs taco I will say, potato and egg with bacon.  I usually will get what I want.  

I like to go to torchy’s and get a couple breakfast tacos in bowls instead of tortillas. Usually a Democrat in a bowl (add a runny egg on it for more awesomeness) and a spinach egg and bacon breakfast taco in a bowl.

#lowcarbbreakfasttacos

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Covri said:

I like to go to torchy’s and get a couple breakfast tacos in bowls instead of tortillas. Usually a Democrat in a bowl (add a runny egg on it for more awesomeness) and a spinach egg and bacon breakfast taco in a bowl.

#lowcarbbreffistacos

FIFY

• Like 1

Oh, I didn’t realize that was the way Torchy’s does it. I bow down to them as the first purveyors of tacos in Texas. Please, my “nice” pairs of chonies are older than torchy’s.

Bacon and egg with spinach or #6, as a consumer you can’t help that they’re dumb.

...also, you’re lucky my diet has been shit and I could use some roughage...spinach?!?

19 hours ago, Teamdirtyleg said:

Taco hot take:   Torchy’s sucks.  

They don’t even bother to reheat their store bought tortillas before they serve them to you.  

I live in the 620/2222 area,which is taco wasteland.  A couple of months ago, the Torcy’s in Lakeway started using different tortillas.   Can’t tell if they a fresh, but they seem to be.  Definitely thicker and better.  I have not been to another location since then to see if this is a broader change.

Oh, and breakfast tacos do require eggs.  You can have whatever you want in your taco at breakfast time (except oatmeal), but without eggs it’s just a taco you are eating at breakfast time, not a breakfast taco

1 hour ago, AustinMT said:

I live in the 620/2222 area,which is taco wasteland.  

No it is not, as a matter of fact right on the corner of 2222 and 620 there are two good taco options:

In the 7/11 on the corner is a Taco place, they have good flour tortillas and make really good tacos (Just look for the long line of yard workers from the area who stop in). 

In the Food Truck Park next to Thundercloud subs is a truck (behind the mighty fine truck) called Tacos Dona Rosita, good street style tacos and tortas. 

Just now, hornbri said:

No it is not, as a matter of fact right on the corner of 2222 and 620 there are two good taco options:

In the 7/11 on the corner is a Taco place, they have good flour tortillas and make really good tacos (Just look for the long line of yard workers from the area who stop in). 

In the Food Truck Park next to Thundercloud subs is a truck (behind the mighty fine truck) called Tacos Dona Rosita, good street style tacos and tortas. 

The tacos at the 7-11 are not bad (they have a similar set up at the one inHudson Bend); biggest issue is they cook up a load of the fillings and they set on the steam table.  Tortillas are good, though

Haven’t tried the truck in the truck park —will check it out.

The tacos from the little trailer by the old gas station at Marshall Ford aren’t bad, but they aren’t always open.

Just now, AustinMT said:

The tacos from the little trailer by the old gas station at Marshall Ford aren’t bad, but they aren’t always open.

Have not tried those, the corner of 620 and Boulder has a Top Taco next to the gas station (where specs is) only stopped in once for Lunch so far but they were good.