2019 Soccer Catchall Thread

Firemans4Horn

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Neymar is still a dickhead.

So PSG blew a 2-0 lead in the Coupe de France (French domestic cup) and lost in PKs.

After the match as they were getting their medals:

https://streamable.com/l0m7p

and

(you might need to go to twitter to see the video)

Might get a major suspension due to that.

https://www.sport-english.com/en/news/ligue-1/psgs-neymar-facing-lengthy-ban-after-striking-supporter-in-the-face-7430627

1 hour ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Easier to bankroll your club when you can make up whatever revenue you want.

Especially with your purchased World Cup coming up.

"The Fighting Middle Eastern War Lords!"...

..."and Slave Owners & Human Traffickers!"

• Like 2

This entire Roma Di Rossi thing is another view into how the clubs are run by the same idiots that run everything in this world.

More details about Roma's decision not to renew De Rossi's contracts are made public, as a WhatsApp voice message from the club captain to a friend is made public.

You can listen to it here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYSkKQDSb5w De Rossi is talking about a meeting he had with Fienga (AS Roma CEO). Here's a quick translation:

…those working in the Press Office and in Comms, you should see them, they’re good guys who work hard. Maybe not all of them, but 5/6 really love me, they’re real Roma fans, they love the club but they’re at the receiving end of a lot of abuse, and when they try to deflect it they get even more shit thrown at them. I feel bad for them as they have got nothing to do with this.

About the contract: I told him, if you think I am not fit and injury-prone, just pay me 100K euros per game, if you think I can only play 10 games per season, then I’ll get 1mil. If I manage to play 30, you’ll pay me 3mil, if I don’t play any game I’ll get nothing, where’s the problem? And Fienga replied: that’s what I want to offer you, 100K euros per game plus a fixed bonus. That was it, the conversation happened after they had told me they were not going to renew my contract, I just wanted to let them know that money wasn’t the issue.

I go back home, later on he calls me and goes “I spoke with the the Owner, and he told me that if that’s what you are ready to accept, then we can give you a contract.’ What? In one year you never called me, no offer on your part, after a 2:30 hour meeting when you just told me you want to get rid of me, you call me back after 40 minutes and you me ‘oh, well, actually that’s fine?’ I mean….seriously?

Now though, today if you listen to the radio, there’ll be people calling in who don’t give a shit about me or the Club , but will just use the situation to have a go at the management and at the owner, it’s self-harm really.

Bayern’s latest Bundesliga title means for the first time in history, the league title in each of Europe’s big five leagues has been retained. 

There have always been big clubs before, rich clubs, but never clubs whose status at the top of the game is so systemically secure. In 67 Premier League games this season one side had 70% possession or more; 15 years ago there was one. That is one in six games that are not in any meaningful sense a contest.

Sobering statistics to where European football is headed (and already at):

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/may/19/manchester-city-sky-blue-smashing-of-watford-proves-football-is-broken?CMP=fb_gu&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1558265409

• Like 1

I feel like this is probably the beat place to ask this.  Is there any reason that Brazil should not win the Copa America at home?  It seems like they should have very little problems and they are currently getting +125 odds.  I’ll be in Vegas next week and this seems like something that is too good to be true.

I would never say very little problems in winning the Copa. They are the favorites, and they have great goal keeping now as well. Still, this team has had issues for a while now, and you have to win three knock out games in a row to win it. I also believe Brazil will be better off once Neymar is no longer on the team.

This is a cool spreadsheet, has all the salaries/contract lengths etc. for the major European leagues. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18eFUrgZCiJhkrS3hiNB7W1rxXaU7hVjWtW662KSY4Y0/htmlview

Observations:

Bayern has 15 of the top 19 highest paid players in the Bundesliga

Juventus have 12 of the top 19 highest paid player in serie a

Ronaldo makes over 400% more than the second highest paid player in serie a

Griezmann is the third highest paid player in Europe, seems way overpaid. 

PSG have the 6 highest paid players in ligue 1 and 14 of the top 20  

Manchester United’s ROI on their highly paid players is terrible

Oh boy, first Ronaldo and now Neymar accused of Rape...

En Espanol

A medical report of tests carried out on May 21 by the woman who accuses Neymar of rape points to bruises, gastric problems, weight loss and symptoms of post-traumatic stress. The tests were performed six days after the player's alleged encounter with this woman.

UOL Esporte had access to the document, which contains details of the treatment and images that show large and dark bruises on the buttocks and legs. The report checked the veracity of the document with legal experts on the subject.

The report also reports a picture of "pain, weight loss, anxiety and gastric problems post-episode emotional stress and bruising from aggressions in the region of the buttocks and legs. Attached images, which will not be reproduced by the report to preserve the woman, show large purple areas. She complained of tremor at the sites of the aggressions.

Among the diagnostic hypotheses, are anxious and depressive mixed disorder, dyspetic syndrome - a set of gastric symptoms and multiple superficial trauma. The report was made by a private physician from a renowned hospital in São Paulo.

On the night of Saturday to Sunday, Neymar went to the social networks to defend himself and said that he was the victim of a trap, repeating the version given by his father last night.

In the video shown by Neymar, in addition to messages exchanged by the application WhatsApp, were exposed several intimate photos of the woman who accuses him of rape.

The attacker of the Brazilian team also released an official note.

It was released today, a few hours ago, a news involving Athlete Neymar Jr., under the charge of rape.

The alleged victim even registered a Bulletin of Occurrence, widely reported in the press.

Although he was surprised by the news, the facts were already known to the Athlete and his courier, considering that a few days ago he was the victim of an attempted extortion, practiced by a lawyer from the city of São Paulo, which, according to his version, represented the interests of the alleged victim.

The athlete's attorneys were immediately notified and since then they have been taking all the necessary measures.

Faced with this unfortunate, illegal and outrageous event, we completely repudiate the unjust accusations and, above all, the exposure in the press of an extremely negative situation.

All evidence of attempted extortion and no rape will be presented to the Police Authority in due course.

Press Office

NR Sports.