2019 Soccer Catchall Thread

Firemans4Horn

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

OMG OMG OMG

giphy.gif

Mohamed Bouhafsi: In a press conference, President Aulas confirms the news #RMCsport yesterday. He tried to convince José #Mourinho but the Portuguese coach declined, because he's about to take a new job elsewhere.

Reddit thread predictions

Dortmund

ReUnited (LOL)

Madrid (doubt it, unless Zidane is throwing it in again)

Bayern (Tuchel just started)

Everton (hahah)

Spurs (in circumstance that Poch heads to United, but Levy and Mou would be amazing)

• Like 1

Took my kid to the fifa museum today. Only been open 3 years apparently. Only pic I took is of the World Cup trophy that will be given away at the next one, but it’s late and I don’t want to find an image host. 

Some stuff from most cups, usually kits and keeper gloves used during various matches. Interesting display of homemade balls from around the world, from knitted to plastic trash bags bundled and tressed up with twine. 

Cool interactive feature that ends in soccer pinball. 

We got in together for I think 37 francs, so a little under $40. 

• Like 1

Went to Hoffenheim vs schtalke on Sunday. First European match. Home team won 2-0 so got to see some nice goal celebrations. 

Every person got a pat down before entering- men, women, and children. 

After the match on the train back to Frankfurt, I read about the history of the Hoffenheim club. Back in 1996 it was an 8th division club and has moved up to bundesliga over the past 20 years with the financial help of a SAP founder who is a former player.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

A bit of a shameless plug, and a bit late since the MLS season is ending but I got tired of bigsoccer’s style and threw together a surly/shaggy for soccer called AustinVerde.com. I’ll still hang on surly mostly but I thought Austin FC, Austin bold, etc needed a soccer centric forum. It’s still early and a work in progress so check it out and hit me up and let me know what’s fucked up and I need to fix.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, yoladu said:

In the 2015-2016 season, little ole Southampton had THREE of today's Top 20 players on the squad

Mane, VVD, and Tadic.

Not coincidentally, it was Southampton's best season ever: finishing 6th with 63 points  (3 points off a 4th place).

4, if you count The Best Defender In The World

Nervous Champions League GIF by Liverpool FC

1 hour ago, yoladu said:

In the 2015-2016 season, little ole Southampton had THREE of today's Top 20 players on the squad

Mane, VVD, and Tadic.

Not coincidentally, it was Southampton's best season ever: finishing 6th with 63 points  (3 points off a 4th place).

I'm not sure how many people saw VVD's rise coming considering the age at when it happened.