Shane Buechele

Machinator

On 1/21/2019 at 8:04 PM, LTtxfan said:

Shane still currently on the team while also in the transfer portal.  May go thru both Winter Offseason and Spring Ball too.......

“Shane, so proud for him and excited to see what the future holds for him,” Herman said. “Again, this is new for both of us. What I told him was whatever you’re comfortable with. I think it would be good for you to go through the winter offseason with (strength coach) Yancy (McKnight). I think it would be good for you to go through spring practice and stay sharp.

“But I’m also hoping that he doesn’t have to make a decision until May, either,” Herman added. “We certainly want what’s best for him. Yeah, he’s part of our team.”

https://www.hookem.com/story/transfers-texas-coach-tom-herman-excited-new-look-quarterback-room/

One thing that's clear about Herman, once you're one of his guys, he's ride or die.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2019 at 9:12 PM, bullet said:

He could start for a lot of P5 schools.  He needs to go as much as it hurts not to have a reliable backup.

Best wishes.

This. Shane has done everything asked of him good or bad and never was a prima donna. Shane is a Longhorn. It doesn't matter what team he plays for.

He should do what's best for his future. 

Edited by RPM
  • Like 1

On 1/21/2019 at 10:04 PM, LTtxfan said:

“Shane, so proud for him and excited to see what the future holds for him,” Herman said. “Again, this is new for both of us. What I told him was whatever you’re comfortable with. I think it would be good for you to go through the winter offseason with (strength coach) Yancy (McKnight).

Please let this happen if he comes to SMU. Work your magic Yancy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Machinator changed the title to Shane Buechele is transferring to SMU

He is well suited for the air raid. As a fourth year JR with plenty of B12 experience, AAC defenses won't phase him too much. I expect he'll play well there. If SMU has anything to work with in terms of OL and skill guys they could have a have a nice couple years. Good luck to him. Hope Sam and Casey stay healthy.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I will watch SMU games next year.

I mean, not all of them. But definitely one or two.

I'm not going to sit down and watch from start to finish, but it'll be on while I'm doing stuff.

Damn, this "Good Luck, you're always a Horn to us" post isn't going so well.

• Like 1

I'm not going to sit down and watch from start to finish, but it'll be on while I'm doing stuff.

“Ok ok, the tv won’t actually be on, but I’ll be thinking about SMU football. Ok ok I won’t be actually thinking about SMU football...”

36 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Will he win the starting job?  I have no idea what their roster looks like.

Yes.

9 minutes ago, jeevsie said:

I went to school there and this is basically how much I watch our football team. 

15 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Anything special about grad school at SMU that's related to Sports Mgt??

This https://www.smu.edu/simmons/academics/sportmanagement/ms

As far as national rankings go, no idea. But he will get a foot in the door at Cox. Kid is going to have basically any connection he wants after undergrad at UT, grad at SMU and playing quarterback for both. 

8 minutes ago, ztejas said:

As far as national rankings go, no idea. But he will get a foot in the door at Cox. Kid is going to have basically any connection he wants after undergrad at UT, grad at SMU and playing quarterback for both. 

Thx.... yeah if you're gonna live in DFW, it definitely will help your career to add a master's degree from SMU.

Fixed link: 

https://www.smu.edu/simmons/Academics/SportManagement

Edited by LTtxfan

Just now, LTtxfan said:

Thx.... yeah if you're gonna live in DFW, it definitely will help your career to add a master's degree from SMU.

I mean... it won't hurt regardless of where you live. 

It's becoming a much more nationally recognized degree. 

Not quite a "target" school yet but just under that tier. 

• Machinator changed the title to Shane Buechele