Shane Buechele

Machinator

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

What's also interesting is comparing those stats to Sam Ehlinger's stats.  They have practically the same stats.

Sam's Stats:

image.png.94f529c1059f2269d9fa41ae63a9862b.png

Shane has attempted 14 more passes, completed 8 more, thrown for 97 more yards. 

odd that they would end up so close.

Edited by 0xdeadbeef
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

What's also interesting is comparing those stats to Sam Ehlinger's stats.  They have practically the same stats.

Sam's Stats:

image.png.94f529c1059f2269d9fa41ae63a9862b.png

Shane has attempted 14 more passes, completed 8 more, thrown for 97 more yards. 

odd that they would end up so close.

Good stuff. 

Shane was and is a great QB 

5 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

Good stuff. 

Shane was and is a great QB 

We Would’ve been better off opening up the offense while he was here and letting him air it out with our receivers. Sucks he never got a chance by getting thrown into the fire his freshman year, having an awful line and never given a chance by Herman since Sam is his wonderboy. Shane>Sam. He’ll be drafted higher and have a longer NFL career imo. But what do i know  

• Hook 'Em 3

29 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

You know absolutely nothing. These guys aren’t close. Sam is substantially better. 

Shane throws a better deep ball, has better touch on his passes and hits the passes over the middle in stride with the receiver. Can you tell me what Sam does better? Other than stumble upfield for 3-5 yards, he misses a lot of passes that he should be hitting by now. I genuinely want to know in your opinion 

17 hours ago, UhhhIdk said:

Shane throws a better deep ball, has better touch on his passes and hits the passes over the middle in stride with the receiver. Can you tell me what Sam does better? Other than stumble upfield for 3-5 yards, he misses a lot of passes that he should be hitting by now. I genuinely want to know in your opinion 

Sam is more evasive and has better pocket presence - although Shane has come a long way in those areas. Shane has just as good of an arm, better touch and better ball placement - and has turned into a pretty scrappy runner to boot. 

They project pretty similarly at the next level with a different set of pros and cons. I think Shane actually has a higher NFL ceiling, but Sam probably has the more surefire floor.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

SMU quarterback Shane Buechele elects to skip potential extra year of eligibility, enter NFL draft 

SMU quarterback Shane Buechele is headed to the NFL draft, he announced Friday night.

Buechele is a fifth-year senior but could have used the NCAA's blanket waiver that allows all football players to retain their eligibility after the 2020 season.

He started the past two seasons at SMU, eclipsing 3,000 pass yards in each campaign. The Texas transfer recorded 7,024 pass yards and 57 touchdowns with 16 interceptions in two seasons under Mustangs coach Sonny Dykes.

SMU went 7-3 this season but withdrew from the Tropical Smoothie Frisco Bowl earlier this week because of COVID-19 issues. The bowl game ended up being canceled.

Buechele started all 12 games as a true freshman at Texas in 2016, setting a team freshman record with 2,958 pass yards, as well as 21 touchdowns and 11 interceptions. He started seven games as a sophomore in 2017 before losing the top job to Sam Ehlinger. Buechele played behind Ehlinger in 2018 and appeared in two games before transferring to SMU.

13h

Thankful for God’s plan  🙏

EpjtOH5W4AArhto?format=jpg&name=large

• Hook 'Em 2

SMU quarterback Shane Buechele elects to skip potential extra year of eligibility, enter NFL draft 
SMU quarterback Shane Buechele is headed to the NFL draft, he announced Friday night.
Buechele is a fifth-year senior but could have used the NCAA's blanket waiver that allows all football players to retain their eligibility after the 2020 season.
He started the past two seasons at SMU, eclipsing 3,000 pass yards in each campaign. The Texas transfer recorded 7,024 pass yards and 57 touchdowns with 16 interceptions in two seasons under Mustangs coach Sonny Dykes.
SMU went 7-3 this season but withdrew from the Tropical Smoothie Frisco Bowl earlier this week because of COVID-19 issues. The bowl game ended up being canceled.
Buechele started all 12 games as a true freshman at Texas in 2016, setting a team freshman record with 2,958 pass yards, as well as 21 touchdowns and 11 interceptions. He started seven games as a sophomore in 2017 before losing the top job to Sam Ehlinger. Buechele played behind Ehlinger in 2018 and appeared in two games before transferring to SMU.
XL_8qatC_bigger.jpg    Shane Buechele    @BGShaneBuechele 13h   Thankful for God’s plan    EpjtOH5W4AArhto?format=jpg&name=large
In the era of open market transfers, Shane did everything right.

I was at the 2018 Baylor game when Sam was knocked out of the game and Shane came in prepared and played well enough to win a game we easily could've lost.

By all accounts he still keeps up with Sam frequently and has no negative feelings about his time at Texas. If he does, he doesn't talk about it publicly.

For how many guys compete, lose the job, and then leave with a chip on their shoulder like they've been slighted, it's nice to see a guy take things like they should be in these situations and go on to have success at his next stop.

Hook'em, Shane.
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

I was at the 2018 Baylor game when Sam was knocked out of the game and Shane came in prepared and played well enough to win a game we easily could've lost.

By all accounts he still keeps up with Sam frequently and has no negative feelings about his time at Texas. If he does, he doesn't talk about it publicly.

For how many guys compete, lose the job, and then leave with a chip on their shoulder like they've been slighted, it's nice to see a guy take things like they should be in these situations and go on to have success at his next stop.

Hook'em, Shane.

We will miss him. Probably better for the program that he moves on.

He throws one of the prettiest deep balls I've ever seen. I think he'll be a good NFL backup.

Hook em/Pony up!

41 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Hook'em, Shane.

I think Shane simply realized that under the shitass OL he was behind, he was gonna fucking get killed with his style of play and his body type.  So it wasn't in his interest to start over Sam, even if he could. 

I believe he graduated from Texas after a decent career and managed to have a pretty nice little second career at a place where he wasn't going to get turned into Charlie Brewer.

No resentment, nothing left undone or not achieved.  A great story, really.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, B00M said:

How many QBs leave school with a masters after playing as much as he did? Impressive

Much easier to do this thanks to some being able to accumulate college credits in high school.  If you are able to transfer 24-36 hours of dual credits you are second semester Sophomore your first day on campus. The key is to stick to major and not do what many of us do (or did) and switch.  Some of these kids graduating from the “early college” high schools have the equivalent (or close to it) of an Associates Degree which is 60 hours of course work in some fields.  

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 months later...
11 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Day 3 of the 2021 NFL Draft

Shane Buechele - Quarterback Southern Methodist Mustangs 2021 NFL Draft Scouting Report 

https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/scouting-reports/shanebuechele

Is this Buechele's highlight reel?

Or Roberson's?

If Robertson is in this draft, his agent can just send this video around to teams as well. (Proche crashed the party a bit, but Roberson looks NFL ready.)...

EDIT: Just looked it up and Reggie Roberson Jr. has announced that he will return to SMU. His last two seasons ended with injury and so he's coming back for one more.

6'0"
200 lbs

Desoto High School

Not bad averages on yards/reception. https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4241888/reggie-roberson-jr

• Hook 'Em 1

• Machinator changed the title to Shane Buechele