Shane Buechele

Machinator

• Machinator changed the title to Shane Buechele intends to enter the transfer portal
3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I don't fault Buechele. He's a Charlie holdover and his window is running out. I want to be annoyed at the underclassmen but it's got to be tough knowing you won't be the guy for at least 2 more years. It's just the price of doing business now. 

It's the new normal.

It's not the one thing.

It's the dismal tide.

• Like 1

So let me get this straight, Rising, Thompson, and Shane are all int he transfer portal, so it is entirely possible we have lose 3 QBs this offseason. And it isnt like Elingher is some sort of ironman. We use him like a battering ram and it is concerning we might lose all depth at QB if he needs to sit a game against a shitty team to heal up.

• Like 1

So let me get this straight, Rising, Thompson, and Shane are all int he transfer portal, so it is entirely possible we have lose 3 QBs this offseason. And it isnt like Elingher is some sort of ironman. We use him like a battering ram and it is concerning we might lose all depth at QB if he needs to sit a game against a shitty team to heal up.
I dont see why just about every backup these days doesn't enter the portal. Keep your options open. If you dont like them then stay put.
  • Like 1

Godspeed, Shane. Hell of a team player as everything around him really didn't go his way.
Casey seems like a durable system fit, if not a guy that'll set the world on fire. Time to take a u-turn from the portal, bud.

Yep - hopefully Thompson sees that he is going to be the primary backup and will have the opportunity to play and even possibly start a couple of games next season. He still has plenty of opportunity here - if he is willing to wait and learn under Herman/Beck/Ehlinger.

1 hour ago, 47Straight said:

I'm sure Tom would have had no problem with him transferring to OU. Definitely wouldn't have blocked it.

Herman could have blocked John Bonney from grad transferring to Tech this year but didn't.  Unlike Riley he didn't have to be shamed into allowing it.  Don't let actual facts get in the way though...

• Like 1

• Machinator changed the title to Shane Buechele