Shane Buechele

Machinator

59 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

Herman could have blocked John Bonney from grad transferring to Tech this year but didn't.  Unlike Riley he didn't have to be shamed into allowing it.  Don't let actual facts get in the way though...

Yes because a safety is of the same importance as a quarterback who knows your offensive playbook and who you might play multiple times.

• Fuck You 21

13 minutes ago, 47Straight said:

Yes because a safety is of the same importance as a quarterback who knows your offensive playbook and who you might play multiple times.

1. You are arguing a point OU already conceded.

2. He had permission from the NCAA to transfer anywhere he wanted outside the B12. If this was about hurting OU, he could share as much information as he liked with his new coach (who may or may not be buddies with a B12 opponent and thus share it in turn) or with anyone else. He could do the same if he stayed at OU whether or not he still stayed on scholarship. The only issue was whether, irrespective of who he tells about the playbook, he would be allowed to play next year.

3. College playbooks are not really a big secret. People come and go at OU and other schools all the time, and there is plenty of film out there of what Riley runs. It’s not like he would be present for OU’s game-planning meetings next year wrt WVU.

4. If OU doesn’t change their signals from year to year, they deserve whatever happens to them, and it would not be predicated on who transferred.

5. WVU plays OU in Norman in 2019. Is Riley worried he won’t beat WVU at home? Really? Or is someone else worried about that on his behalf?

The simple truth is that the initial decision to block play next year was wrong. To OU’s credit, they figured out that it was hurting them within 24 hours of their blunder. Story over.

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, 47Straight said:

We have an actual case study here.  I understand that you'd rather dredge up a hypothetical than look at what actually happened since it doesn't fit the story you're trying to tell at all.  Please try to deal in facts rather than outlandish conspiracy theories with integral moving goal posts when a talking point fails the reality test.

23 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

We have an actual case study here.  I understand that you'd rather dredge up a hypothetical than look at what actually happened since it doesn't fit the story you're trying to tell at all.  Please try to deal in facts rather than outlandish conspiracy theories with integral moving goal posts when a talking point fails the reality test.

Agree..... easy to make excuses today.  But not all the facts here were known......

Maybe BlowU may have wanted to receive Jalen's signed transfer paperwork before fully releasing Austin Kendall to WVU......

In today's fast pace world, sometimes what's said via Twitter or the Press does not always have all the facts of the situation.....

(Btw.....I have no knowledge of the facts..... and did NOT stay in a Holiday Inn last night)

Hook'em 🤘

Edited by LTtxfan

7 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Am I just out of the loop, or when the fuck did the term “transfer portal” become a thing. I haven’t heard that term until this year.

Just started Fall 2018......  "As of Oct. 15, 2018, a change in the NCAA transfer rules allows student-athletes to enter their name into a "transfer portal," allowing other schools to initiate contact."

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25760399/college-football-players-entered-ncaa-transfer-portal

https://www.si.com/college-football/2019/ncaa-transfer-portal-rules-list

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Born Burnt said:

He came from an OU family yet chose UT. That intelligence will serve him well in life, even if football never works out for him.

Hook 'em, Shane! 🤘

https://newsok.com/article/5521344/ou-football-longhorns-qb-shane-buechele-comes-from-a-sooner-family

Good read.  Ended up at UT in large part due to Kendall.  Now they’re both gone. 

Seems like a good dude.   Best of luck...

Good luck Shane.  He may not have been the best, but I don't think it was for lack of effort.  Dude did better than most people would have.

On another note, can we take all the extra shit off the front of the jersey?  Looking at Shane in this pic is like looking at a NASCAR machine.

21 minutes ago, Horn Dogg said:

On another note, can we take all the extra shit off the front of the jersey?  Looking at Shane in this pic is like looking at a NASCAR machine.

The Nike logo and the Big 12 logo aren’t going anywhere.  Maybe we could spread them out a bit. The Longhorn on the collar though, is redundant and doesn’t need to be there. There’s one on our helmet and that’s all we need. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I don't give a shit about Shane transferring, but Cam hurts. I thought he would do well here. Oh well, Casey is a good qb, and I'm ready to see what he can do. He's a big kid.

If anything, shane was the best option we had if sam went down next year. Sure, hes not the best qb, but we knew what we were getting and he could def. win games for us

hes far and away the worst backup to lose of the 4 we have. Not sure why anyone would think uknowns in the other 3 qbs (rising, thompson, johnson) would be bigger losses

Thanks for the Notre Dame game, Shane. That was fucking awesome. Thank you, Rising for choosing us over the cocksuckers up north. That sent a message to OU and the rest of the nation that we’re not fucking around. 

Any chance we can get Thompson to do those goal line qb deals instead of Sam next year? Really need Sam to take as few hits as possible. 

47 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

If anything, shane was the best option we had if sam went down next year. Sure, hes not the best qb, but we knew what we were getting and he could def. win games for us

hes far and away the worst backup to lose of the 4 we have. Not sure why anyone would think uknowns in the other 3 qbs (rising, thompson, johnson) would be bigger losses

He's a smart kid, sure, but he's built out of glass. I say Casey because he was always by Sam and Shane wanting to learn. You never saw him away from either of them unless one was on the field. That kid wants to prove hmself . Maybe Cam is entitled, but he's gone. Casey apparently isn't, and Tom likes him, so I'm good. He's a tall, big kid with a good arm. No clue about accuracy, however.

Time to go shopping for a grad transfer that wants to come in to be a backup for a year and to get a free masters

The more interesting part in all of this is that this type of school hopping also means coaches should never not have a list of QBs that they think would fit their system and to be ready for a grad transfer

11 hours ago, markstanco said:
11 hours ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:
So let me get this straight, Rising, Thompson, and Shane are all int he transfer portal, so it is entirely possible we have lose 3 QBs this offseason. And it isnt like Elingher is some sort of ironman. We use him like a battering ram and it is concerning we might lose all depth at QB if he needs to sit a game against a shitty team to heal up.

I dont see why just about every backup these days doesn't enter the portal. Keep your options open. If you dont like them then stay put.

Entering the transfer portal CAN HAVE (if your current school chooses) permanent consequences. The default position is that any student entering his credentials into the portal immediately loses his scholarship and access to his current team. Essentially, it ends your affiliation with your current school and allows coaches to contact you. Of course, you still have to abide by any "sitting out" penalties. It's not necessarily that easy.

I say "necessarily" because these penalties can be completely dismissed if the current school agrees. I'm hoping this is Texas' position on almost every request. Texas is a "name" school, and gets interest from everyone. Let's just accept that players buried on the depth chart are going to look around. This isn't ideal, but it's gonna happen. I want Texas to have a reputation of making it easy to do, so that Texas gets 1st crack at their skill set.

With the current set, no one is going to have 3 starters ready to go on their QB bench. Embracing the "new normal" and optimizing it is the way to go.

• Like 2

If you enter your name in the portal, your current school has the option to revoke your scholarship and its benefits immediately. However, I doubt most schools would do that because of the shitty optics. Oh, you let a kid not eat because he wanted to see if he could get more playing time? So probably only piece of shit schools like OU would do this. 

I don't give a shit about Shane transferring

I do. He may not have been a great fit playing in the system, but if you ever payed attention to him on the sidelines, he looked pretty good coaching it. He was always in Sam’s ear telling him what he saw the defense doing and helping Sam get better. It’s a loss for us from that standpoint if nothing else. Basically another QC
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Time to go shopping for a grad transfer that wants to come in to be a backup for a year and to get a free masters

The more interesting part in all of this is that this type of school hopping also means coaches should never not have a list of QBs that they think would fit their system and to be ready for a grad transfer

Yes. This portal thing changes thinking for all programs. Free agency sucks.

• Machinator changed the title to Shane Buechele is in the transfer portal
53 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

You were wrong, he corrected you. If you're looking for a place where people validate your feelings and affirm your value before correcting you then you've found the wrong forum. He wasn't rude in any way.

birds of a feather.  It's the personality type dude. 

• Fuck You 8

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

You were wrong, he corrected you. If you're looking for a place where people validate your feelings and affirm your value before correcting you then you've found the wrong forum. He wasn't rude in any way.

Further more, the guy collects massive amounts of info for the site. Which is beneficial to threads full of shit posts like yours to extract the necessary points without posts of your cockamamie. 

Talking about "this guy" or whatever his dumbass UN is, not you, Huck.

Edited by BigHorn'13
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

• Machinator changed the title to Shane Buechele