Best player you ever had to guard

conVINCEd

16 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Was actually at the Kappa Sig house.  He was still a sr. in hs and it was very comical.  Had to stop the game multiple times due to everyone there throwing their beers on the court after he dunked.

Yeah, I had a good time. Could've been on the moon as far as I remember.

On 1/17/2019 at 7:05 AM, aggie08 said:

I went to high school during what had to be the absolute peak of Washington State high school basketball. 

Luke Ridnour, Brandon Roy, Marvin Williams, Aaron Brooks, Isaiah Stanback (the UW QB and Cowboys WR), Adam Morrison, Rodney Stuckney, Nate Robinson, plus a handful of other dudes that didn't make it pro, but played at high level D1 (USC, Kansas, Gonzaga, Oregon).

Personally played (well, tried to) against Starvin' Marvin, Aaron Brooks, Stanback (dude was basically high school Ben Wallace: no touch or offensive skills whatsoever, but would throw his body around and get 20 rebounds), Nate Robinson, and Adam Morrison. Plus Sebastian Telfair at the Las Vegas AAU tourney. Played LeBron's team, but he was on the bench with a broken wrist.

Morrison is exactly what you'd expect. We played him before anyone knew who he was. Even in warm-up lines, he doesn't look like he can play. Then, he's getting wherever he wants, and you can't get a finger on the ball no matter how slow and awkwardly he appears to be moving. Then he's shooting over you like you're not even there.

Was in my my 5th grade class in Blaine Wa.   

• Like 1

In HS it was Carl Wright from Dallas Roosevelt.  He was one of the Flying Wright Brothers.  He later played at SMU.  Incredible athlete that could leap over 6’ 3” Deadshanks with ease. 

At the Post Oak YMCA, it was John Lucas of NBA and lots of Bolivian marching powder fame.  He was a 6’ tall, middle-aged man that appeared to be effortlessly sauntering as he blew by everyone on the court.  Lucas was a nice fellow and probably never took it out of 2nd gear against us schlubs.  He mostly dribbled and passed the ball.  Rarely would he take a shot. Even at that he made teammates and opponents look lame and silly with his abilities. 

The difference between professional athletes and mere mortal ham & egger types is truly astounding.