Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

these 2 dorcus' are being much more tolerant and affectionate with each other.

49144253001_7a10bd979d_z.jpg

they alternate as to who sleeps on who.

49144453677_b40d4b8d3a_z.jpg

and finally this little one is slowly trying to claim my recliner chair as her own.  This is her WTF you gonna do about it look:

49143759458_3558683d6c_z.jpg

How old is your lab? Her markings are remarkably similar to Rocket, including the bit of white on the tip of her tail. You didn't adopt her from the Austin Humane Society in February, did you?

Speaking of Rocket, I took him to the vet today because he's been favoring one of his back legs for over a week with no visible sign of injury. In addition, Edgar nipped his front leg pretty good while they were roughhousing and he needed two staples. They think the limp is hip dysplasia and are going to do x-rays in 10 days after he finishes the antibiotics for the cut. So right now he's in a cone, has two staples in a front leg, is walking like an old man because of his hips, and is under vet orders to not play with Edgar at all at least until the x-rays. Oh, and cannot figure out how to chew his bone. Poor baby.

98538936e7f400a956983fd4e3af2774.jpg

I hate clicking "like" on these posts about good dogs passing on, but I do not like it at all. Sorry for your loss Bogeywon. The first one is the hardest and it doesn't ever get easier.

My wife finally put down Yogi last week. I was not there and she did it without telling me beforehand. It was her dog and I had been begging her to do it for months so I was not pissed or anything. The poor guy had another seizure last week that lasted much longer than normal and after that, the wife finally admitted to herself it was time.  Rough times in doggy land and thoughts to everyone having to deal with the only downside of having a dog.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Bogeywon said:

Today was one of the hardest days. I’ve never had to have a dog put down before but this morning we had to put our girl Kat down. She was 14 and in bad shape.  She was a good girl that never complained. Even the one time at age 12 the 2 car garage door snapped and fell on her. I’m glad all dogs go to heaven. Rip Kat

Damn. Really sorry, Bogey. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HOOKEM4 said:

I hate clicking "like" on these posts about good dogs passing on, but I do not like it at all. Sorry for your loss Bogeywon. The first one is the hardest and it doesn't ever get easier.

My wife finally put down Yogi last week. I was not there and she did it without telling me beforehand. It was her dog and I had been begging her to do it for months so I was not pissed or anything. The poor guy had another seizure last week that lasted much longer than normal and after that, the wife finally admitted to herself it was time.  Rough times in doggy land and thoughts to everyone having to deal with the only downside of having a dog.

Glad she was able to give Yogi some peace.

• Like 1

Sorry, Bogey.  One of the hardest things a guy has to do.  I had to put my boy down a couple of years ago on the morning of the Texas-ou game.  I just sat there in front of the TV in a daze the entire game. Didn't even really give a shit about what was happening with the game.

• Like 1

Our first dog is a cool little terrier mutt.  Plenty neurotic from when she was abandoned, but smart and well behaved.  Now we're on to #2.  Doodles being all the rage, and me being anti-doodle somewhat, we've reached a compromise.

Blue-heeler doodle.  Cadoodle, I think they call them.  Supposedly smart as a whit.  Active.  I might have a new ranch/hiking buddy.  Being vetted by the rescue/adoption place now.  We always had Heelers and Aussies at the ranch as cattle dogs, so I know what we're in for to some extent.  

Looks like these two - scruffy little muppets

1535602786-cadoodle-puppies-rough-collie

• Like 3

Had a lady friend over for sexy time at my place, which is breaking one of my rules, but that's how it goes. Turns out Luna is not a fan, and wouldn't stop whining at my bedroom door while we got our freak on. 

Any suggestions? Not letting her in my room because she just stares like a serial killer, and it's weird. 

Our first dog is a cool little terrier mutt.  Plenty neurotic from when she was abandoned, but smart and well behaved.  Now we're on to #2.  Doodles being all the rage, and me being anti-doodle somewhat, we've reached a compromise.
Blue-heeler doodle.  Cadoodle, I think they call them.  Supposedly smart as a whit.  Active.  I might have a new ranch/hiking buddy.  Being vetted by the rescue/adoption place now.  We always had Heelers and Aussies at the ranch as cattle dogs, so I know what we're in for to some extent.  
Looks like these two - scruffy little muppets
1535602786-cadoodle-puppies-rough-collie-lassie-x-toy-poodle-578a543d1f071.jpg

Love herding dogs. All mine have been Aussies, Heelers, Borders or some kind of mix. Smart dogs can be a chore when they are young but when the get it, they get it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Ths71 said:

Love herding dogs. All mine have been Aussies, Heelers, Borders or some kind of mix. Smart dogs can be a chore when they are young but when the get it, they get it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Any puppy advice?  Besides a military-esc schedule for potty training which we're gearing up for.  This little monkey is going to learn to love soccer fields.  Practices 4 days a week.  Games.  Tournaments.  She'll be going everywhere with us.  I run/ruck a lot during the kids practices, so she'll start that with me immediately.