Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

hes probably gonna have to wear the cone for a while,  you might want to look into a blow up donut cone of shame instead.   

Sadie flat out destroyed her cone of shame by purposly ramming the fucker into every wall she could find at full speed.   It became so cracked it could have been considered a saw blade, finally had to put her in the donut.   That worked.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUS-97HORN said:

hes probably gonna have to wear the cone for a while,  you might want to look into a blow up donut cone of shame instead.   

Sadie flat out destroyed her cone of shame by purposly ramming the fucker into every wall she could find at full speed.   It became so cracked it could have been considered a saw blade, finally had to put her in the donut.   That worked.

We tried the donut the last time he needed a cone and it deflated within a couple of hours. Had better luck with the soft cone but I think it will be too short for where his incision is this time. I wish we could get away with something smaller than the regular e-collar, though. Our house isn't big and he whacks it into everything just trying to get around. 

On 2/15/2020 at 5:20 PM, Patricio Swayze said:

Fusca seems to be recovering well. It is really hard to keep her from not running or jumping. But her incision is healing well and she is putting weight on her leg. Her best friend Gabi is looking out for her.

cnxqumUe_o.jpeg

On 2/15/2020 at 5:56 PM, BBQ2Bayou said:

^That's a mantel picture right there

Awesome photo, definitely a mantle piece.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TexanTraveling said:

So I just put a deposit down on a pupper. AKC champion line Golden. Grew up with them my entire life but have waited till I have a home and am truly ready. Pupper will be ready to come home mid April. Any advice? What should I buy for the homecoming? How fucked am I?

Fucked????  You're not, your life just improved 1000 fold.  Golden's are the saints of puppydom.

On 2/18/2020 at 6:49 PM, TexanTraveling said:

So I just put a deposit down on a pupper. AKC champion line Golden. Grew up with them my entire life but have waited till I have a home and am truly ready. Pupper will be ready to come home mid April. Any advice? What should I buy for the homecoming? How fucked am I?

Advice. Don’t name him Pupper.  Enjoy every moment.  Their time goes by too swiftly. 

Had to keep Luna in the bedroom while at work for a couple days so the maintenance guys could do some work. Poor girl thought she was being punished, and no amount of treats made her think otherwise. When letting her out after work she would walk out with her head down and tail wagging submissively. 

Good girl Luna.

Hate days like this.

Just left the vet after saying good bye to Callie. We think she was 17.

Honestly I think we held on to her for a year too long. The vet asked 2 questions that helped clarify things - 1) would you be really surprised if when you woke up in the morning she had passed in her sleep? And 2) how meaningful is her interaction with her environment?

Well Doc, when you ask it that way. . .never an easy decision.
670d3f3241828072c06608cb3aef8b64.jpg

• Like 6

16 hours ago, BearSchlong said:

Good girl Luna.

Hate days like this.

Just left the vet after saying good bye to Callie. We think she was 17.

Honestly I think we held on to her for a year too long. The vet asked 2 questions that helped clarify things - 1) would you be really surprised if when you woke up in the morning she had passed in her sleep? And 2) how meaningful is her interaction with her environment?

Well Doc, when you ask it that way. . .never an easy decision.
670d3f3241828072c06608cb3aef8b64.jpg

Good girl Callie.

Hit me up any time you need someone to talk to.

Talking to folks helped me immensely when Amber passed 

• Like 1