Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

[mention]Beef [/mention] Stan is a big ole boy!!! What breed? He’s very handsome! 

And, not gonna lie, that “Shake” video kind of grossed me out lol. Adorable pups but watching all that slobber and stuff slinging around made my inner clean freak cringe.

He’s a silver lab.

IMG_4798.thumb.jpg.fd3a65a07f6ce4825eed1712557c81f0.jpg

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

0-C22-A134-2919-417-C-9-AF9-5-E8137-A8-D

Bear turns 12 St Paddys day. Don’t know how he still looks and acts the way he does but cherishing every second of it while it lasts.

Yep. My Dalmatian is now heading towards 17. Still pretty energetic for that age, but her body does fail her at times. I don't think I will even be upset when the time comes. Pretty good and long life. 

• Like 1

On 3/10/2020 at 5:54 PM, BearSchlong said:

Sunday I witnessed a young punk abandoning a puppy. Just stopped, looked around to make sure nobody was watching, and ran to the middle of a field and dropped off the little guy and then ran back to his car and sped off.

I went over and picked him up. Took him back to the house and set him up on the front porch with some water and a towel. My dogs wanted to murder him. Dachshunds are incredibly territorial and possessive. Like "Fuck that puppy, you're my human, asshole" possessive. I've got no more bandwidth for a 3rd dog.

Went on facebook and asked if anyone would take him in. Of course it got shared about 50 times, eventually a guy I know and trust stepped up and took him. 2 days later and at least a dozen people that I'm not even connected to are asking if hes still available, and would it be too much trouble to drive him to Florida? (From Beaumont). Then of course all the busybodies commenting that I should demand the police check out any surveilance cams to find the abandoner and then have him strenuously prosecuted (lady, go for it. I already have a job.), and that I immediately need to go drop a grand on the dog at the vet to rule out all health problems before I give him to anybody. Or that I need to check out the rescuer to make sure hes not going to use the pup as a "bait dog." (what's that?)

Breed unknown, I suspect he is about 7 weeks old?

I refused to name him (you name him, you own him) but the guy said he was gonna name him "Huevo"

772cb94803ddd7ec5f67817466bf9fed.jpg

So you did find someone to take him, or are you still looking? I can share with the folks back home if he still needs a forever family.

On 2/25/2020 at 3:08 PM, You don't know me said:

The Great Pyrenees puppies are almost 6 weeks old. It is going to be a sad day when they leave, but I won't miss cleaning up the endless amount of shit.

The rescue has officially put them up for adoption. I don't think it is going to take long.

Here are some pictures from this weekend.

a4b5402298058241bd14a43d05e4e374.jpg11fe1926e5d72aec9856004915de82ca.jpg9cd4bb2ec7336c3468b3cd32170ff26c.jpg9f6cad37444cc12211ba932208e2c1db.jpg9dc752a11c0a430a9212f021571677e0.jpg

All of the pups have been adopted.  We took them to the vet on Friday for their shots and they treated them for worms again.  I think that they are in good homes.  We were going to have 2 of them until the 28 March, but we and the rescue agreed that we needed to get them to their new homes ASAP with all this shit happening.  It was sad, but I believe that they will be happy.  On Friday, at 8 weeks exactly Titan (the biggest) was 15 pounds and the smallest was 13.  Not too shabby!  Titan is going to be a beast and he also happens to be the smartest.  He would come running when his name was called (probably thought it was time to eat, and more times than not, he would get something).

On 3/13/2020 at 2:12 PM, hullabelew said:

Look out. That dog is about to chew my kid's gave off.

f231c66f4bbe149b43f0d923576d417a.jpg

In our house, when a dog is laying on you you are exempt from having to move from your position lest you disturb the dog. We call this dog law. Everyone in the family knows that if the person the dog is on needs something, the other family members are to get it for them or help them out in whatever way. Need a drink refill? Invoke dog law and someone will do it for you with no complaints. Need to go to the bathroom? Sucks to be you because you can't get up. Etc.

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Coronavirus break.

Fusca seems to be healing up quite nicely. I need to keep her from running and jumping as she feels good. Just too soon. She will go for post op x-rays early next month. Two goofballs:

pEOnfAvo_o.jpeg

Thick as thieves, they are.

• Like 4

And I think we just agreed to foster a couple of pups - Pyr/Black Lab mix.  The rescue got 6 of them just today.  They were found under a house in southwest Missouri.  They are taking them to the vet tomorrow and then bringing them by our house to see how our big girls are going to react.  I just can't say no to a stray dog.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, tantric superman said:

What breed or mix is that?  I love those colors.

Rescue mutt, that we believe has rat terrier and fox terrier in him.  Great looking dog, and he's starting to find his place in the family.  We got our older dog at 6 months and post-neuter, and we got Frank at 2 months with balls.  It's been a lot more work, but awesome too.

And I think we just agreed to foster a couple of pups - Pyr/Black Lab mix.  The rescue got 6 of them just today.  They were found under a house in southwest Missouri.  They are taking them to the vet tomorrow and then bringing them by our house to see how our big girls are going to react.  I just can't say no to a stray dog.
Here are the new pups.

510cd01a2b61cd38786e4a10de15b743.jpg68b249cf3370039516944146a455ddbe.jpg
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:
On 3/19/2020 at 10:47 PM, austingirl said:
Is that a Rabbitgoo harness? I love the front leash hook - the best thing for walks if you have a dog that loves pulling.

Bruce, my 140# Newfie doesn't give a shit about where his harness hooks. Pulls like a train regardless.

Yeah I imagine a dog that size can outpull anything. Rocket is 90 lbs and a combination of front hook harness and loose leash training on walks has made a huge difference.

Got a new mutt pup a couple months ago. Was told it was some sort of Australian Shepherd mix.

She definitely had boxer markings and hops, but clearly not boxer face now that her snout has grown. I don't know much about dogs. So no idea what kind of mix. Not seeing much Australian Shepherd

Really long legs.

Thoughts?

e658e6d3193448f82bdaf068274678df.jpg3e70f2fa50e31be9eadfb77363723111.jpge49c6777d105aadb89a7f3549ab37cec.jpg1ff15a007438fcf40e6e880b706c14de.jpg

• Like 6