Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

Goddamn certain people to hell. 

Little chihuahua/datsun mix wandered into front yard. She is a recent mama. Looked underfed and we fed her. Took her into house and put her in my lap while other dogs are a little freaked out. Found 3 large tumors on her even though she doesn’t seem to be in pain. She is used to being in someone’s lap. Will almost bet someone let her out so they didn’t have to take her to vet. 

I am no vet but I will bet surgery would cost a lot with no guarantees. Just can’t justify that right now. Will have to take her to shelter on Tuesday. 

On 5/22/2020 at 6:09 PM, Deej said:

"I ate a possum for breakfast."

20200522_175148.jpg

Last week in the yard I came across a small adult mockingbird just sitting on the ground. The second the dogs spotted her she flew off, but didn't go high and landed on the ground by our fence. Edgar sniffed and pawed at her but she still didn't fly away, even when another mockingbird flew down and tried to swipe at the dogs, and then Rocket (who was in a cone) reached down and chomped on her and that was that. Looked up at me with feathers hanging out of his mouth. I wish they'd stick with rodents and not mess with the mockingbirds, but it's the circle of life, I guess.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

It was a year ago today I had to say goodbye to Abby after 16 years. It still hurts, but I can look at her crazy antics, laugh, and remember the good times.

Harvey and Rini miss her.

8d5ce70e3c35ec224a5d91af739831c4.jpgcb6dd38257cfdb7daff708ddd5e7f0ab.jpg76af1d8cb0d220da75837eb1078f91f7.jpg559f16f33279fa832dce0fb3bb96538d.jpg3004c60d5304e628ec993412821124da.jpg

Abby sure looks like a sweet girl.  I know you must miss her.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

6a673f4a55a262d2d94225a1611e57e7.jpg

He does not like the cone of shame.

Vet at the Humane Society said two weeks in the CoS. That seems...unlikely.

Great picture. I bought three for Maddox before finally just using duct tape. He couldn’t see a damn thing by the time it was ready to come off 

Edited by ChickenSandwich

2 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

6a673f4a55a262d2d94225a1611e57e7.jpg

He does not like the cone of shame.

Vet at the Humane Society said two weeks in the CoS. That seems...unlikely.

You should put it around his waist. 

Tutu of shame.

Edited by Deej

On 5/24/2020 at 4:18 PM, austingirl said:

Last week in the yard I came across a small adult mockingbird just sitting on the ground. The second the dogs spotted her she flew off, but didn't go high and landed on the ground by our fence. Edgar sniffed and pawed at her but she still didn't fly away, even when another mockingbird flew down and tried to swipe at the dogs, and then Rocket (who was in a cone) reached down and chomped on her and that was that. Looked up at me with feathers hanging out of his mouth. I wish they'd stick with rodents and not mess with the mockingbirds, but it's the circle of life, I guess.

Mockingbirds are total assholes. Those cunts swipe at me an Luna on our walks so I carry a tennis racket to smack em.

13 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

Mockingbirds are total assholes. Those cunts swipe at me an Luna on our walks so I carry a tennis racket to smack em.

Shouldn't you be using a badminton racquet?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Player said:

Derp may be sporting a gray beard and a bit on the portly side. But he still looks high af. 

Once they took his nuts with his second operation he just couldnt keep the weight off. But Hell if they took my nuts I would probably gain a few LBers myself. 

Thoughts on pinch collars? Doggo practically walks around the neighborhood on his hind legs when we go on walks. He pulls like an ox constantly. Martingale collar so far does nothing except make it seem like he’s going to choke himself to death.

Thoughts on pinch collars? Doggo practically walks around the neighborhood on his hind legs when we go on walks. He pulls like an ox constantly. Martingale collar so far does nothing except make it seem like he’s going to choke himself to death.
2 weeks with a pinch collar and my great dane went from unwalkable to letting my 10 year old walk her by himself. I rarely even use the pinch collar anymore, mostly use a harness now but will use the collar a few times a month just to keep her honest.
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

13 minutes ago, NateHitch said:
37 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

2 weeks with a pinch collar and my great dane went from unwalkable to letting my 10 year old walk her by himself. I rarely even use the pinch collar anymore, mostly use a harness now but will use the collar a few times a month just to keep her honest.

Yes, it worked wonders very quickly for Edgar. With Rocket we got this harness that has a leash hook on the front as well as the back, and it worked almost immediately - if they pull, it turns them around, and that stops pulling so quickly. He's around 100 lbs so this was a significant improvement for our walks.

Edited by austingirl
  • Like 1