Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

2 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:
Dumbass lab Maddox just chewed and ate a small blue nerf dart. Spit out the orange tip. He’s about 70Lbs, zero discomfort or vomiting so far. Happened about an hour ago. Hoping it will just pass but who knows. Will take to ER vet if get worse. 

Anyone have any experience ?  Buddy’s old lab would eat just about anything from solid rocks to RC cars and always seemed fine. Hoping for the same. 

Mine have both eaten everything under the sun and have been fine - it being one of those small darts, pr chewed up, wouldn't worry too much if he can't barf it up. Rocket ate part of a rope toy and we didn't realize it till this. I'll spoiler because it's kind of gross, but if you want a hint, we call this pic String Butt.

Spoiler

IMG_0942.thumb.JPG.8e175ac1a6248cc68d9abaef69bf1be6.JPG

Edited by austingirl
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Deej said:

Just watched these two pieces get tossed over the fence at my dogs. Enjoy your visit from APD, assholes. 

20200614_141045.jpg

OMG how badly did you lose your shit? I'm getting ragey thinking about it and it wasn't even my dogs. I'm glad they weren't hurt.

1 hour ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Tried the HP. Nothing yet. Still running around like nothing happened. I don’t want to over do the HP. Already 10lbs over 

When Edgar chewed up a bottle of Benadryl they had to give him 4 times the normal amount of emetic for him to barf. Took about 45 minutes. Luckily he had just eaten the bottle, not the Benadryl. Both my dogs have iron stomachs.

Tried the HP. Nothing yet. Still running around like nothing happened. I don’t want to over do the HP. Already 10lbs over 

You have to really make sure it's getting down their throat. I keep a large syringe on hand for those types of things. If you try to pour it in their mouth, most of it probably doesn't get to their stomach. 

3 minutes ago, Deej said:

You have to really make sure it's getting down their throat. I keep a large syringe on hand for those types of things. If you try to pour it in their mouth, most of it probably doesn't get to their stomach. 

The thing that finally got Edgar to barf was hot mustard. So....that's an option.

16 minutes ago, brown water said:

Perfect.  I want order the colonel for our youngest dog Angus.  And then giggle every time I walk by Col. Angus. 

F916EFC7-71C5-4384-B96A-38D9041DE6DE.jpeg

9 minutes ago, brown water said:

Ordered. Mrs. BW will be less than amused. 

Well of course you need this. Angus is so regal already.

6 minutes ago, austingirl said:

Well of course you need this. Angus is so regal already.

That’s Gus at his zenith. He’s most closely associated with his other works such as 

“ I ride the short leash”, “Popped by copperhead - twice to be sure” and “...wait for it”

6B24C509-7D56-45D6-98FD-543E984B7E73.jpeg

3D90D51C-1427-486A-901B-0B4DCCF4C42C.jpeg

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, futureman said:

do y’all feud over other things?  just seems like really odd behavior to throw bricks at chilling dogs.  were they kids?

Multiple families living in a small house. The adult males spend their days in the backyard getting drunk and being shitheads. 

Multiple families living in a small house. The adult males spend their days in the backyard getting drunk and being shitheads. 

Are these the shed dwellers? So, “shedheads” in the parlance of our times?

What happened? Did APD shoot anybody?

20 hours ago, Deej said:

Just watched these two pieces get tossed over the fence at my dogs. Enjoy your visit from APD, assholes. 

20200614_141045.jpg

Damn...not cool at all. I hope APD had a good discussion with them. What if a young child, or any person for that matter was around.

On 6/4/2020 at 1:25 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

My poor boy Maximus. Finally got his crazy skin allergies under control with apoquel (@ $100 per month) and now he has a bad bacterial infection in his ears so he’s taking prednisone for the inflammation and gets an antibiotic flush twice a day. 

he also doesn’t seem to be thrilled with sharing his affection time with the new kitten. 

Looks like his ear infection is now gone, so of course beginning this morning he won’t put any weight on a back leg. 
this animal is veterinary karma for 2 decades of mostly healthy dog ownership. 

06564775-5254-408B-9A81-BED345CFFBC4.jpeg

• Like 4

9 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Holy smokes, dos feet, dos eyes, that pup doesn't even look real...too damned cute to be real

Berners are the best dogs ever.  Unfortunately, they have a lot of health issues (cancer being the biggie).  My avatar was 3/4 Berner but we lost him at age 8 to cancer.

9 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Berners are the best dogs ever.  Unfortunately, they have a lot of health issues (cancer being the biggie).  My avatar was 3/4 Berner but we lost him at age 8 to cancer.

Damn that would hurt losing a dog that beautiful so young.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

A friend has three and does agility with them.  They aren't the most agile breed but they area amazing dogs.

1 minute ago, VABuckeye said:

A friend has three and does agility with them.  They aren't the most agile breed but they area amazing dogs.

Your friend clearly isn't out to win any agility competition if he/she uses Berners.  Great dogs, though.  I've never seen a dog so attached to its humans before.

On 6/14/2020 at 7:33 PM, austingirl said:

Mine have both eaten everything under the sun and have been fine - it being one of those small darts, pr chewed up, wouldn't worry too much if he can't barf it up. Rocket ate part of a rope toy and we didn't realize it till this. I'll spoiler because it's kind of gross, but if you want a hint, we call this pic String Butt.

Hide contents

IMG_0942.thumb.JPG.8e175ac1a6248cc68d9abaef69bf1be6.JPG

Is Rocket really trying to hint he’s no longer a he, but identifies as a she?

6 hours ago, hookem2010 said:

Mango is a holy terror at 3 months. She's going to be a beast before long though. 34 lbs @ 3 months, which looks about 10 pounds more than the average female Dobie weighs at that age. Big brother continues to enjoy the company.

ba95d90b4fd703a412e47912469ab471.jpg4ac83e0369dd32153b8a93dedbe33777.jpg

I initially read that as “Mongo”. I haz disappoint.

On 6/15/2020 at 8:32 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

Looks like his ear infection is now gone, so of course beginning this morning he won’t put any weight on a back leg. 
this animal is veterinary karma for 2 decades of mostly healthy dog ownership. 

06564775-5254-408B-9A81-BED345CFFBC4.jpeg

Looks like all of this hopping around drama is over an infected nail. Silly boy. But if he is fixed by $30 of antibiotics then I’ll take it.